1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

0/30

Last night I was home alone (with my daughter asleep) and got a little bored so I watched some Netflix.

2. Philosophical_Dad

3. Philosophical_Dad

4. SREENII

SREENII Fapstronaut

bros..please..please help me to find a screen blocker that works in between 10 pm and 5 am on windows10..i'm obsessed with latenight movie watching on my laptop which destroy all my mornings and seriously affects my productivity..

5. I have thought the same way a few times over the years, however, for every thing I tried there was a little computer hacker that got through the protection I had set up and could surf the net anyway. That little computer hacker was me. If I had blocked dns-requests for certain sites, well, then I resolved the things with ip numbers. If I had blocked certain ip-numbers, well, then I would reroute the traffic and get through anyway. My good self tried to set up protections and my evil self tried to hack the protection.

My point here is this: All this is irrational behaviour. What you are asking me is to protect yourself from yourself and that is impossible. What you have to realise is that you won't find the solution in some kind of software you install on your computer, the solution is within yourself. If you take control over your actions, if you take responsibility of your own behaviour... you won't have to find a screen blocker that your old self would find a way around anyway.

So what you need to work on is this simple thing: self-discipline. That is the key to every single thing.

SREENII likes this.
  6. 7/7, hurray! So a 3-day challenge and a 7-day challenge completed. Now I'm starting a 14-day challenge, here we go.
    0/14.

7. Philosophical_Dad

0/7

I've been very "disregulated" lately. Stress from bad news as well as a heavy workload led to me doing several things I'm trying not to do. I'm hopeful I can get back on track now.

8. Personal or non-personal bad news? If I would be watching news I would feel the same way so I avoid doing that. I already know my country is f**d up so there’s nothing new to add to it, really...

9. Philosophical_Dad

Professional news. I couldn't avoid it. I'd worked super hard on something and felt like it went really well--the best of my career, probably. Then I had to look at the reviews of it and they were bad--some of the worst of my career. It's upsetting because it feels like all the work that went into it was pointless and because it makes me question my sense of how things are going. I'll need to keep processing it. For now, the main things I can think to do are to try to get clearer on what went wrong (I'm not sure) and try to fix them.

0/7

Force Majeure likes this.
  10. Philosophical_Dad

Thanks for asking, by the way. I haven't had the chance to talk about this with anyone. I've kept this information from my wife because I think it would upset her too but she wouldn't be able to help me constructively address the problem. I was supposed to meet up with a friend last Saturday and would have discussed it with him, but he got sick and had to cancel. It feels good to say the things I've been thinking out loud--even if to someone I only know online. So, again, thanks for asking.

Force Majeure likes this.
  11. Philosophical_Dad

12. Philosophical_Dad