1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

2. Philosophical_Dad

3. Philosophical_Dad

0/15

The excitement around Super Tuesday made it hard to resist live streams on YouTube...

Force Majeure likes this.
  4. Philosophical_Dad

5. Philosophical_Dad

6. Philosophical_Dad

7. Lumian

Lumian Fapstronaut

Day 0/30

I'm gonna spend the whole day without internet until it's 6PM, then I stop again when it's 9PM.
    I'm only allowed to use the internet for studying or something really important at any time of the day, that's the only exception to the time rule. I can't use it for any kind of entertainment, only from 6PM to 9PM.

8. Lumian

Lumian Fapstronaut

Day 2/30

I can see the productivity starting, gotta keep going!

9. Lumian

Lumian Fapstronaut

Day 4, I'm learning to control my internet and phone use, it's really good to be free from all this pollution.

10. I recommend you to install Twilight in your smartphones. And f.lux in your PCs. If you have Windows 10 it's unnecessary, click on the notification and active nocturnal light.

11. This challenge is for me.

I'm in, day 0 without screens after 10PM. Day 3 without PMO. Let's do it.

12. Why not take this challenge one more time... it's a so good life changer! 30 days, deadline 10 pm, here we go.
    0/30!

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  13. Philosophical_Dad

Hi all,

I'm back! The coronavirus situation really derailed me psychologically. Worries about elderly and unhealthy loved ones and anger at myself for how I was thinking about the situation really got me off track with many of my healthy behaviors. Today I'm going to try to get back on the wagon! With all the problems we'll be facing for the next year or so, it's more important than ever to prioritize mental health.

Instead of aiming for a streak, I think I'll try something different: I'll keep a running tally of the fraction of days I've met my goals. I'll start tomorrow.

Good luck to all of you and thank you for participating in this. By encouraging and helping others to meet their goals, you're making the world a better place.

14. Philosophical_Dad

15. I really like your goal, seriously. It's an awesome start to set the goal at one day whenever it's needed. Instead of setting it insanely high (because that's what one usually want to achieve when times are hard), setting a much lower goal and succeed it will instantly give you a small cerotonine kick that will help you accomplish your next goal. Good work!

In the list of notes I have in Trello, two of them deals with chemicals:

"Seeing possibilities releases dopamine which creates motivation, creativity, innovation and goal orientation."

"When achieving something, making progress or when people value and respect us, cerotonine is released, which makes us feel invincible, confident and believing."

5/30

Philosophical_Dad likes this.