1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. 4:30am

4:30am Fapstronaut

1/30 Screen was off well before 7:30pm.
    Anyone got any good tricks to get rid off the - checking the phone for time / alarm?

Get it,

4:30am

100% likes this.
  2. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

3. 4:30am

4:30am Fapstronaut

Got up at 4:30
    Now screen time ends at 7:30pm
    Getting this rythm down.

Onwards,

4:30am

100% likes this.
  4. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

5. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

6. Force Majeure

Force Majeure Fapstronaut

Yesterday: 6/7
    Today: reset.

will update my status more often to remind myself of this challenge.

7. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

12/30
    I had a bad day yesterday. I was exhausted and just wanted to get away from everything. So I played games until 22.00 where my limit for this challenge is. I turned off my pc, a little frustrated. When being overwhelmed by something, just like I was yesterday, my usual response would be to escape my situation through (formerly PMO,) eating unhealthily, playing video games and watching youtube. Well, I did those things, but after shutting down and going to bed, all these thoughts about my experience that day flooded my mind. I got to see what was bothering me. I don't think it solved anything, but at least I am facing my problems in one more way than nofap. I think it's a good thing. I should give room to these things. One step at a time. I can now see I have had triggers for binging hard on screen time, just like PMO: it keeps my mind distracted. I am so happy for doing this challenge now.

100% likes this.
  8. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

9. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

13/30
    Im starting to think 22.00 is too late to turn off screens if I want to get up at 6.45

Akeakua likes this.
  10. Force Majeure

1/7

I go up at 06:00. For several months, I used 22:25 as deadline. Then I moved it to 22:00, a few months later I moved it to 21:45. Now I use 21:30, which fits me quite well. I don’t want to use an even earlier deadline as that can be a bit limiting.

Akeakua likes this.
  11. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

12. Force Majeure

13. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

14/30

When do you usually fall asleep currently?

Akeakua likes this.
  14. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

5 Days.

100% likes this.
  15. Force Majeure

3/7

As long as I’m not stressed, probably 10 minutes after my deadline. However, if I’ve been working too hard that day or if I’ve had a bad night’s sleep the night before, it could take up to two hours. That’s pretty rare though.

Lately, my kids have started to play minecraft. If I help them with this just before bedtime, my sleep get seroiusly affected and it could take several hours of falling asleep. Problem noted, so won’t repeat it.

Akeakua likes this.
  16. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

17. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

15/30
    10 minutes?! How? You must really work yourself!

Akeakua likes this.
  18. Force Majeure

4/7

Without the help from this challenge, I slowly start to go to bed later and later. As I go up the same time anyway, that slowly makes my sleep shorter, which in turn makes it harder for me of falling asleep fast, reducing the sleep even more... so it all boils down to keeping a good routine :)
    Coffee after lunch affects the time of falling asleep as well. I also work out a bit every day, which probably helps too.

Akeakua likes this.
  19. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

16/30
    Only missing the routine there I think! I also work out, and only drink coffee before noon.
    But some days I have succumbed and slept in the middle of the day. This night I fell asleep after 1 am. I'm making it a goal to nap max 15 minutes today.

Akeakua likes this.
  20. Force Majeure

Why taking a nap at all? Don't you think you would fall asleep faster if you skip the nap, then when you wake up you've been sleeping better, thus making the need for taking a nap to go away?

Akeakua likes this.