The No Screen Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Force Majeure

Force Majeure Fapstronaut

2. Force Majeure

2/3. If I hadn't been doing this challenge, I would have been awake several hours longer yesterday because I wasn't tired at all. Feels good to wake up before the alarm and begin with cleaning the kitchen.

Now it's been one week since I did pmo last time. Almost every time I have relapsed this year, I have realised all the big benefits of staying away from pmo about a week after a reset. But still, I have relapsed anyway. Why is that? When the withdrawal symptoms come, they have always been stronger than my will to succeed. I don't want to fail again. I want to prove to myself I can get through and I want to be able to believe in myself. The only way to do that is to show myself I can get through difficult situations.

That being said, it's SPAM REMOVED (spam code #001) - REPORT TO MODERATION right now. But that doesn't mean anything, the real test is behind the corner and it's when I least expect it that I need to be strong.

stegiss likes this.
  3. Force Majeure

3/3, completed. This challenge helped me again last night.

Let’s go for another three days.
    0/3. I promise myself to do my best.

stegiss likes this.
  4. Force Majeure

5. Force Majeure

3/3, challenge completed. When it comes to pmo, I just completed a three day challenge. So for the moment, I'm actually not doing a challenge and it's getting tempting to "have a break"... and right now I could have a break without even breaking a promise to myself... additionally, I'm home alone right now, went back to bed because I've caught a cold. Tempting indeed!

I think my unconscious brain just want to click on that "Post Reply" button and call it a day here at nofap. On the other hand my conscious self has something more to write. The more I write, the more gets my conscious brain to say... which gives it power. So doing the right thing is right now to just continue writing.

A few months ago, I got reminded about the cycle of addiction: Internal frustration -> Fantasising -> Obsessing -> Substance abuse -> Loss of control -> Guilt over use -> Cessation of use -> Passage of time ... and then it repeats.

What I realised when I saw this was that I actually hadn't stopped doing pmo any time this year, I had just let some time pass in between - the last step in the cycle. In fact, just a few minutes ago I was thinking the thought "What if I just fantasised a little, that wouldn't hurt so much, no?" That's exactly why my unconscious brain wanted to just call it a day! To get control over my next actions.

So by leaving nofap at this point, I haven't actually achieved anything. I haven't battled my pmo addiction then. It's exactly at this point in the reboot process my first battle comes.

That being said, I'm joining another no-pmo challenge now. Done. I took the one day challenge and I will write a follow up here tomorrow. I know I can do this. I believe I can do this. I have enough self-trust to know I will complete a one-day challenge in my current state.

6. Force Majeure

Have been staying on track during the weekend, feels very good. No late evenings that breaks my rules.

Going for 14 days this time.

0/14!

7. Force Majeure

8. Force Majeure

2/14.

It’s interesting that I’ve been away from pmo for only 15 days, it feels like two months!

EDIT:

This morning I coincidentally passed by a high school exactly when all people where entering the building. There were lots of good looking girls there, it felt like every single one was a 10/10. Situations like these are usually a triggering factor for me, some external event that I'm not in control of makes my brain start thinking about girls more and more until I reach a point where I cannot withstand the temptation of relapsing anymore.

I have also dreamed about very cosy situations with girls - three days in a row now. I'm beginning to get stronger, because even if I was asleep I stopped pursuing at least one dream after echoing my mantra "No mental or physical pursuit of any sexually arousing feelings except with my wife". I need to be even stronger though, because no mental pursuit should pass through even if I'm sleeping.

It's still a harmless situation but if I would pursue any of these thoughts just a tiny bit, that would ultimately lead to pmo and loss of control.

Having said that, I need to be extra careful about my actions the coming days. Therefore, I will add some challenges to my list to ensure I'm staying on track.

0/14 - no alcohol
    0/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    0/14 - some pull-ups (I have a muscle inflammation in my arm, can't put a number here)
    0/14 - no added sugar.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    stegiss likes this.
  9. Force Majeure

3/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    1/14 - no alcohol
    1/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    1/14 - some pull-ups
    1/14 - no added sugar

stegiss likes this.
  10. Hi mate @Force Majeure! Sorry for not writing you in a long time even though I promised. It's again a sign of what happens when you start postponing something... There would be a lot of things to share, I guess. It would also be very useful to take part in this challenge again, as I've been regularly wasting time until the late night. But somehow I'm not willing to take the pure challenge each day at the moment. Good luck (solid resolve) for you!

Force Majeure likes this.
  11. Force Majeure

4/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    2/14 - no alcohol
    2/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    2/14 - some pull-ups
    2/14 - no added sugar

Just two minutes ago, my mind started playing tricks on me. It said to me something like "when the no-pmo challenge is done you could maybe play some pocket tennis!" It's always like this... a few days pass by and your unconscious mind is trying to take over control. Regardless of how harmless everything starts... it always ends with the equivalent of heavy heroine usage... so by slipping just 0.1%, that will eventually lead to a big fail. To be sure nothing happens, I will commit myself to take a three day no-pmo challenge, starting on Saturday. So when my 7-day challenge stops on Sunday, I can safely log in to NoFap and start a new challenge, without being "challengeless".

Don't worry, I know how it is! The best thing to do is probably lowering the friction - let's keep the conversation here instead. SPAM REMOVED (spam code #001) - REPORT TO MODERATION :)

Anyway, nice to see you're still around! How's everything going?

Regarding the evident situation that emerges sometimes, you start postponing something that, over time, you realise you're postponing it over and over again... that's indeed something that has to be solved. What if there was a challenge that dealt with just that?

stegiss likes this.
  12. Force Majeure

5/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    3/14 - no alcohol
    3/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    3/14 - some pull-ups
    3/14 - no added sugar

stegiss likes this.
  13. Force Majeure

6/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    4/14 - no alcohol
    4/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    4/14 - some pull-ups
    4/14 - no added sugar

@stegiss how is everything going? Hope you’re doing good!

stegiss likes this.
  14. Force Majeure

7/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    5/14 - no alcohol
    5/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    5/14 - some pull-ups
    5/14 - no added sugar

stegiss likes this.
  15. Force Majeure

8/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    6/14 - no alcohol
    6/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    6/14 - some pull-ups
    6/14 - no added sugar

”some pull-ups” is really great for my muscle inflammation in my arm. I do a few pull ups and make sure it doesn’t hurt too much. Now it’s atarting to feel bettet and better and yesterday I could more than double the amount without any severe pain. From 5 to 12 :)

Thank you! I’m looking forward to have some company :D

stegiss likes this.
  16. Force Majeure

9/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    7/14 - no alcohol
    7/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    7/14 - some pull-ups
    7/14 - no added sugar

Now this feels good, I forgot all training yesterday (because I was working) and realised it just when I was going to bed. What could I do? Work out, of course! Self-discipline is growing.

stegiss likes this.
  17. Force Majeure

10/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    8/14 - no alcohol
    8/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    8/14 - some pull-ups
    8/14 - no added sugar

I was quite tired yesterday and wasn’t looking forward to do the workout but then after it was done and I had had a cold shower, it felt so damn good. I also did a new personal best: 80 situps in a row.

What was holding you back from perfection this time?

stegiss likes this.
  18. Force Majeure

11/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    9/14 - no alcohol
    9/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    9/14 - some pull-ups
    9/14 - no added sugar

Edit:
    I'm sensing a tiny amount of "slipperyness". Since I don't want to take any risk regardless of how small it is, I need to find a quickfix that will make my day easier.

I will therefore do 50 squats every 30 minutes from 10:00 to 16:00, 600 squats in total.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    stegiss likes this.
  19. Force Majeure

12/14 - no screens after 9:30 pm
    10/14 - no alcohol
    10/14 - 100 x (situps, push-ups, squats)
    10/14 - some pull-ups
    10/14 - no added sugar

Doing the same exercises every day starts to feel pretty boring but at the same time, it has felt very good afterwards. Maybe it could be a good thing to replace the exercises when the challenge is completed. Will think about it.

Edit: I have now reached the point where I usually fail in my no pmo challenges. This is the moment I want to embrace, this is where I want to be. I am going to show this addiction it doesn’t have a chance this time. I know I can do this. This time I’m going to show I will.

@stegiss if you struggle with starting, how about shorten the length of the challenge to one day or three days or so?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    stegiss and Da Victi like this.
  20. Da Victi

Da Victi Fapstronaut

It's high time for me to do this seriously. My rules are like this:

1. I blocked the most common sites where I usually waste my time. It is not allowed to bypass these blocks anymore. Only when I want to reward myself (with a good movie for example).
    2. I use the forum only once a day
    3. Phone: use it for important purposes only and keep conversations short.
    That's enough. 3 simple rules, but quite difficult for me to adapt to. The most important is that I try everyday and report here everyday. See ya!

Force Majeure likes this.