1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The phoenix

Discussion in 'Partner Support' started by Married*2*Dr*Jekyll, Feb 3, 2017.

1. I don't feel like it right now but I know deep down I am a phoenix. He may burn me down time after time but I will come back stronger.
    Every lie he tells adds fire to my belly,
    Every promise he breaks makes me less reliant on another person,
    Every rejection turns my eye away from him.
    I will rise from the ashes. If not today then one day soon.

2. fuzzywaz

fuzzywaz Fapstronaut

Dump him. life is short, if he doesn't treat you well, he doesn't deserve your time or energy.

3. I would love to be rid of him and all his bullshit. We have two children 5 and 6 together and are financially tied. Thats the only reason he is still here. That and I am a co dependant fool

4. LadyDefiant

LadyDefiant Fapstronaut

In order for us to change like a phoenix we must realize our faults and face them so they no longer keep us bound. Good luck on the transformation.

5. brrt814

brrt814 Fapstronaut

All of this. Thank you for re-igniting my own motivation. He will not break me.

6. BeautifulWarrior

BeautifulWarrior Fapstronaut

❤❤❤

7. I read this a couple of days ago and it made me cry...and I have thought about the phoenix and have felt this throughout several trials in my life, including this past year. I know l don't feel strength every moment, but I am slowly rising. Thank you for your inspiring words. I hope other SOs will realize that no matter the outcome of their situation, we all have the phoenix within us; each of us are able to rise from the ashes. Thank you for reminding me