1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Planning Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

2. 8/30. I’ve been quite bad at the exection part the last two days but at least I have done the planning.

3. Philosophical_Dad

4. Jaku

Jaku Fapstronaut

I'm still confused on how to plan. Can you help me out?

5. 12/30 - I’m going on vacation now for three weeks so I’m taking a break from this challenge. Continuing on March 16!

I just begin my day with writing down what I want to accomplish and that’s it. About one page in A5-format. As easy as that and compared to not doing it, my average performance is increased - quite good investment. :)

Jaku likes this.
  6. I'm in!
    I will do 30 days. But I won't "reset" if I miss a day. Rather I'm counting only the days where I sticked to my resolution until I reach 30 days.

My resolution for this challenge:

1. Every day I want to do a little morning ritual. Ideally this happens early in the morning, but it's also ok to do it after waking up at noon or after work or even in the evening, if there are still some hours left for doing tasks.
    This ritual must contain:
    • Activation
    • Motivation
    • A plan!
    2. About every three days I want to make a review on how it went: the ritual, planning, taking action and gtd. And oc I'm going to post my reviews here.

Note: it's possible to make a plan in advance but then I still need to review (maybe change) that plan on the day it is meant for - and do the whole ritual oc. Regarding the plan, the important question is: did I have and did I use a plan for the specific day? Even if I missed every goal of one plan, it's still a win as long as I kept to the protocol and tried.
    As for the rest of the ritual (activation and motivation) I already have a lot of techniques for this, but I want to keep the requirements as low as possible. Because the important thing is to get myself together and get the necessary motivation to get things done.

Force Majeure likes this.
  7. Cool, nice to have you here!

8. I’m now taking a break from the forum as I’m going on vacation, see you all in three weeks!

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  9. Thanks :) and good vacations!

Day 1/30 - I had a good start

10. I want to report two days that I can't count. On Sunday it was mostly not my fault, on Monday it was my fault.

This is a good challenge, an important one. It covers what I really need: activation, planning, action.
    Without that I would only count days here .. more or less.
    I'm glad. I need to focus on the next day now!

11. 2/30
    Great day so far! But I might need some more motivation later on.

Streak-wise:
    1-0-0-1

12. Philosophical_Dad

I'm back on the wagon!

0/7

13. Philosophical_Dad

14. Philosophical_Dad

15. Philosophical_Dad