1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Power of Appreciation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Erick Pastora, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

There's nothing better to give you satisfaction in life than the power of appreciation. If you don't appreciate what you have in your life, you won't be able to enjoy it.

Don't be outcome dependent. This is a great example: there's a girl you like, and you practically shit your pants because of your nervousness. But you go and talk to her, you get into a conversation and then she has to go, and you're like ok bye. This happens to all of us, and you can see it in two different ways: 1. You feel like shit because you didn't get where you wanted (which is mainly sex or a relationship) and feel like it was all a waste of time or that you didn't say the right thing so she wouldn't go home with you or 2. You think holy shit I just talked to this super hot girl, I overcame my fear, it was so fun talking to her, and I'm really glad and grateful to myself that I did it.

The thing with this example is that mostly we guys think "ok it was fun talking to her but I really wanted to go home with her" and I totally understand. But that's thinking in scarcity and being outcome dependent. Because you think you want sex to feel good about yourself instead of thinking you want sex because you feel good about yourself.

And I give this example because for me it's so relatable, but it can really be applied to anything. If you just enjoy every process without depending on how it goes to feel good about yourself and the way to enjoy the process is always being grateful and appreciative of the things and opportunities you have.

Part of enjoying the process is actually trusting it and what does that mean? Going back to the girl example, say a girl tells you "we will have sex in an hour, and from now till then you can do anything you want" (highly hypothetical example) you won't be trying to qualify because you know come hell or high water you can do anything and it will happen. And the concept here is that if you trust that things are going to happen you can just lean back, relax and enjoy everything you do. No pressure, just you being you. Trust that by taking action every single day, results are going to come. Patience, no need to rush towards anything.

See the world as if you're a child. Be grateful every day like "I'm grateful I have feet, hands, eyes, etc. I'm grateful I'm alive, that I have a home, that I have food, friends, family, etc." if you see how great things are you'll be able to just chill and enjoy every little thing.

AF13298 likes this.