1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Power of Helping Others

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I hope that everyone reading these posts finds freedom from the lure of PMO and all such sins of lust. I also want to thank everyone for the help I have found by attempting to help and inspire others here. I visit this site almost daily and I feel it has been a key component of my healing process. Thank you one and all.

PS if you haven't contributed recently, I hope you will give it a try. Helping others seems to be a fantastic aid to helping ourselves.

again, timcia, Stommy and 3 others like this.
  2. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

They are beautiful words. Unfortunately, in recent months I have not participated in the life of the forum. And that caused my nofap path to stop.

I am on your side! I want to help with my presence to grow in the fight against PMO addiction, especially from a Christian point of view.
    I will also try to be there almost every day, or at least 2 or 3 times a week.

p.s: I see that your progress continues! Well done!

3. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

But I don't understand the evolution of this Catholic sub-forum over the last few months ...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I have noticed the Catholic forum is experiencing a drop in the number of people posting or replying. I expect this will happen from time to time. I am not an administrator of this forum but I do feel a need to keep it going.

I love my Catholic faith and knowing that other Catholics were dealing with similar problems to mine was the reason that kept me coming back to NoFap with regularity. Catholics are Christians first and foremost so I have also found a home on the Christian forum although I admit my preference is to strengthen my relationship with God via a Catholic philosophy.

I do think that we must be cautious not to be too preachy or self-righteous and I apologize to all if and when my writing heads down that trail. I am a sinner; I do not deny that nor have I forgotten it. I have succumbed to the devils temptations for far too many years. I have no standing from which to be judgmental or dictatorial.

5. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Your contribution is truly great for all nofap Catholics.

I agree on deepening everything within Catholic doctrine. The Christian forum is certainly an excellent support, an excellent source of inspiration and comparison; however, in this Catholic forum it is possible to study in a specific way in the Faith which has grown and nourished over the centuries by hundreds of saints, popes and theologians.

Let's not waste this treasure, even on our NoFap fight.

6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Well said! Perfect actually! What a privilege it is to be steeped in the Catholic faith. In my career, I travelled to 40 or 50 different countries. When I was abroad on a Sunday, I often found a Catholic mass to attend. Although I always missed my wife and children when I was away, at least for the hour I was in mass, my homesickness was gone because I was at home. A Catholic mass transcends language barriers and reverently reminds of the Last Supper. Furthermore, with freedom from PMO, I feel even more connected to Christ through the sacrament of Holy Communion. Such privileges Catholics have! As you so rightly said, "let's not waste this treasure!"

again and Stommy like this.