1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE POWER OF WILLPOWER

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

My youngest daughter was going to be a volleyball star like her older sister. As I trained her I thought, how am I going to tell her the truth. You are not like your sister. After a couple of weeks of training, I began giving her mental exercises because the physical ones were not working. Then abruptly one day she went from hitting the ball into the ground and she started making great spikes. She had changed her thinking. And with her new thinking, she could play. In fact, her 7th-grade team was undefeated. Her 8th-grade team was undefeated.

I continued training my daughter that first year because her willpower was at a level 100. And despite a talent level that is closer to a 50, she is a star. No one is more prepared than she is, and preparation leads to winning.

Willpower is learned. Willpower is setting an achievable goal. That goal might be to pray a quitting P prayer every 30 minutes. If you have a phone you can achieve this goal.

#2 When temptation arises, one good goal is to pray: “Father, take away this spirit of lust and help me to turn aggressively from temptation.”

Most importantly, one great goal is to fight temptation by studying 5 quitting verses every day.

Be prepared, set achievable goals, and you will begin to see your willpower grow.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Volleyball is very up and down. My daughter's traveling season ended poorly, with her coach giving her less and less playing time. I asked her what her plans were and she said she planned to keep playing. I was worried because high school season starts next and the players are really good.

To prepare, I told her to work on squats, throws, and several other things.

Yesterday, I went to her first high school scrimmage. I was disappointed, but not surprised when she was not one of the starters – she was struggling in the last two tournaments that I saw her in. But, after a few minutes in she went. Much to my relief, she played well. The coach started pulling other girls out for subs, but she kept her in. She started the next match and stayed in the whole time.

I sat there pleased and baffled about how well she was now playing. But, then it hit me. Her older sister recently moved in with us and had been dragging her to sand volleyball for three hours every night all month. Additionally, she was doing everything I told her to do to prepare for the season.

Suddenly I realized that she was doing everything she could do to win – a ton of squats, toe raises, throws, running, and sprinting. Day in and day out she was doing everything she knew how to do, to be ready for the test.

But then... the miracle happened. Her sister had dragged her to play with expert players in sand volleyball. She had been transformed by those matches from being the most confused person on the court a few weeks earlier to someone who knew exactly what was going on. Now she was stronger, smarter, and quicker.

She did everything she knew to do, and then... somehow she got her miracle and now knows exactly how to do it.

Food for thought.