1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. March 1st

A Journey With Purpose

THIS IS MORE THAN A BOOK; It is a guide to a 40-Day Spiritual Journey that will enable you to discover the answer to life's most important question: What On Earth Am I Here For? By the end of this journey you will know God's purpose for your life and will understand the big picture - how all the pieced of your life fit together. Having this perspective will reduce your stress, simplify your decision, increase your satisfaction and, most important, prepare you for eternity.

Today the average life span is 25,550 days. That's how long you will live if you are typical. Don't you think it would be a wise use of time to set aside 40 of those days to figure out what God wants you to do with the rest of them?

The Bible is clear that God considers 40 days a spiritually significant time period. Whenever God wanted to prepare someone for his purposes, he took 40 days:
    • Noah's life was transformed by 40 days of rain.
    • Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sinai.
    • The spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promised Land.
    • David was transformed by Goliath's 40-day challenge.
    • Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from a single meal.
    • The entire city of Nineveh was transformed when God gave the people 40 days to change.
    • Jesus was empowered by 40 days in the wilderness.
    • The disciples were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after his resurrection.
    The next 40 days will transform your life.
    This book is divided into 40 brief chapters(plus 2 bonus chapters). I strongly urge to read only one chapter a day, so you will have time to think about the implications for your life. The Bible says, "Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do" (Romans 12:2 - NLT)

One reason most books don't transform us is that we are so eager to read the next chapter, we don't pause and take the time to seriously consider what we have just read. We rush to the next truth without reflecting on what we have learned.

Don't just read this book. Interact with it. Underline it. Write your own thoughts in the margins. Make it YOUR book. Personalize it! The books that have helped me the most are the ones that I reacted to, not just read.

At the end of each chapter is a section called "Thinking about My Purpose" There you will find
    • A Point To Ponder. This is a nugget of truth that summarizes a principle of purpose-driven living that you can reflect on throughout your day. Paul told Timothy, "Reflect on what I am saying, for the Lord will give you insight into all this" (2 Timothy 2:7 - NIV)
    • A Verse To Remember. This is a Bible verse that teaches a truth from that chapter. If you really want to improve your life, memorizing Scripture may be the most important habit you can begin. You can copy these verses onto small cards to carry with you.
    • A Question To Consider. These questions will help you think about the implications of what you have read and how it applies to you personally. Let me encourage you to write your answers in the margin of this book or in a notebook, or in a journal. Writing down your thoughts is the best way to clarify them.
    • A Message To Hear. The 42 audio messages will give you more of my teaching related to each chapter. Each message varies from 40 to 50 minutes in length.
    In the Appendix, you will find Discussion Questions. I strongly urge you to get one or more friends to join you in reading this book during the next 40 days. A journey is always better when it is shared. With a partner or a small reading group you can discuss what you read and bounce ideas off each other. This will help you grow stronger and deeper spiritually. Real spiritual growth is never an isolated, individualistic pursuit. Maturity is produced through relationships and community.

The best way to explain God's purpose for your life is to allow the Scripture to speak for itself, so in this book the Bible is quoted extensively, using over a thousand different verses from fifteen English translations and paraphrases. I have varied the versions used for several important reasons, which I have explained in the Appendix.

I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU
    As I wrote this book, I often prayed that you would experience the incredible sense of hope, energy and joy that comes from discovering what God put you on this planet to do. There's nothing quite like it. I am excited because I know all the great things that are going to happen to you. They happened to me, and I have never been the same since I discovered the purpose of my life.
    Because I know the benefits, I want to challenge you to stick with this spiritual journey for the next 40 days, not missing a single daily reading. Your life is worth taking the time to think about it. Make it a daily appointment on your schedule.
    Let's get started together!

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Timeon

Timeon Fapstronaut

Great book and he actually did a sermon about why we are here on this earth and the purpose of life. He points out that every animal, bug, plant, everything in this universe all have a purpose in God's creation. I am on my 10th day of a 40 day fast because I have been going through some tough trials the past 5 years, and God has been providing some break throughs during the journey.

icandoallthings likes this.
  3. DAY 1

POINT TO PONDER
    It's Not About Me
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    In spite of all the advertising around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?

(Scan or Click on the QR Code)
    [​IMG]

WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?
    Preparing for What on Earth Am I Here For?
    Rick Warren

"Hezekiah was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem twenty-nine years... He did what was pleasing in the Lord's sight... Hezekiah trusted in the Lord... There was never another king like him in the land of Judah, either before or after his time. He remained faithful to the Lord in everything, and he carefully obeyed all the commands the Lord had given Moses. So the Lord was with him, and Hezekiah was successful in everything he did." 2 Kings 18:2-7 (NLT)
    "(Later) Hezekiah got sick. He was about to die. The prophet Isaiah said 'Prepare your affairs and your family. This is it: You're going to die. You're not going to get well.' Hezekiah turned away from Isaiah and, facing the wall, prayed to God: 'God, please, I beg You: Remember how I've lived my life. I've lived faithfully in Your presence, lived out of a heart that was totally Yours. You've seen how I've lived, the good that I have done.' ... Then God said, 'I've heard your prayer. I have seen your tears. Here's what I'll do: I'll add fifteen years to your life.'" Isaiah 38:1-5 (Msg)

1. GOD WANTS ME TO __________ MY LIFE AROUND HIM.
    "Love the Lord your God with all your heart ...and soul and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment." Mt. 22:37-38
    "A sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." Phil. 4:7 (Msg)

2. GOD WANTS ME TO __________ WITH BELIEVERS.
    "Let us not give up the habit of meeting together... instead let us encourage one another." Heb. 10:25 (GN)
    "Those who believed... were baptized and added to the church... They joined with the other believers and committed themselves to the apostles' teaching and fellowship... They worshiped together regularly at the Temple... and met in small groups in homes ..." Acts 2:41-42, 46 (NLT/LB)
    1. Believe
    2. Be baptized
    3. Join a church family
    4. Commit to regular worship
    5. Connect to a small group fellowship
    Which of these is my next step? (Pick One)

3. GOD WANTS ME TO __________ SPIRITUAL MATURITY.
    "Let us go on... and become mature in our understanding, as strong Christians ought to be." Heb. 6:1 (LB)
    "By now you should be teachers. Instead, you still need someone to teach you...!" Heb. 5:12 (GW)

4. GOD WANTS ME TO __________ SOMETHING BACK.
    "God has given each of you some special abilities; be sure to use them to help each other." 1 Peter 4:10 (LB)
    "What can I give back to God for the blessings He's poured out on me?" Ps. 116:12 (Msg)

5. GOD WANTS ME TO __________ HIS LOVE.
    "Through Christ, God has made peace between us and Himself, and He gave us the work of telling everyone about the peace we can have with Him… So we have been sent to speak for Christ!" 2 Cor. 5:18, 20 (NCV)

WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?
    TO CENTER YOUR LIFE AROUND GOD: (Worship)
    TO CONNECT WITH OTHER BELIEVERS: (Fellowship)
    TO CULTIVATE SPIRITUAL MATURITY: (Discipleship)
    TO MAKE A CONTRIBUTION WITH YOUR LIFE: (Service)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  4. DAY 2

POINT TO PONDER
    I am not an accident.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb..." Isaiah 44:2
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?

[​IMG]

WHAT ON EARTH AM I HERE FOR?

Rick Warren
    LIFE'S 3 GREATEST QUESTIONS

1. QUESTION OF EXISTENCE: WHY AM I ALIVE?

JEREMIAH: "Why was I born? Was it only to have trouble and sorrow, to end my life in disgrace?" Jeremiah 20:18 (TEV)

GOD SAYS:
    • I WAS CREATED __________
    "Love comes from God... for God IS love. God showed how much he loved us by sending His only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him."1 John 4:7-9 (NLT)
    "Long before God laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, and settled on us as the focus of His love, to be made whole and holy by His love."Ephesians 1:4 (Msg)

God: "I have loved you with an everlasting love!" Jeremiah 31:3 (NIV)

2. QUESTION OF SIGNIFICANCE: DOES MY LIFE MATTER?

DAVID: "I remember how short my life is. Why did you create us? For nothing?"Psalm 89:47 (NCV)
    JOB: "Why should I work so hard for nothing?"Job 9:29 (GW)
    SOLOMON: "Laughing and having fun is crazy. What good does it do?"Ecclesiastes 2:2 (CEV)

GOD SAYS:
    • HE CARES ABOUT __________

"Not even a sparrow, can fall to the ground without your Heavenly Father knowing it. The very hairs on your head are all numbered! So don't be afraid; you are far more valuable to Him than a whole flock of sparrows."Matthew 10:29-31 (NLT)
    • HE ___________ BEFORE MY BIRTH.

"You... scheduled each day of my life before I began to breathe. Every day was recorded in Your book!"Psalm 139:16 (LB)
    • HE MADE ME __________

"God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but people can't see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end."Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NLT)
    "The world and everything in it is passing away; but those who do the will of God will live forever."1 John 2:17 (TEV)

3. INTENTION: IS THERE A PURPOSE FOR MY LIFE?

ISAIAH: "My work all seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and for no purpose at all."Isa. 49:4a (NLT)

GOD SAYS:
    • HE MADE ME __________

"The Lord has made everything for His own purposes."Prov. 16:4a (NTL)

HOW DO I DISCOVER MY PURPOSE IN LIFE?
    "Everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible …everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him."Col 1:16 (Msg)
    "Knowing God results in every other kind of understanding."Pr. 9:10b (LB)
    "It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for... part of the overall purpose He is working out in everything and everyone."Eph. 1:11-12 (Msg)
    "It makes no difference who you are or where you're from—if you want God and are ready to do as He says, the door is open."Acts 10:35 (Msg)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  5. DAY 3

POINT TO PONDER
    Living on purpose is the path to peace.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What would my family and friends say is the driving force of my life? What do I want it to be?

[​IMG]

THE PATH TO PERSONAL PEACE

Rick Warren

3 SOURCES OF TENSION

• When circumstances are:
    • When people are:
    • When problems are:

Jehovah Shalom = "I am the God of Peace"

"I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give isn't fragile like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid."John 14:27 (LB)

THE PATH TO PERSONAL PEACE

1. ACCEPT __________

"I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens. I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at anytime in everything that happens … I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength."Phil 4: 11-13 (NCV)

THE SERENITY PRAYER

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

2. TRUST __________

"You, Lord, give true peace to those who depend on You because they trust You."Isa. 26:3 (NCV)
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and don't lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."Pr. 3:5-6 (NIV)
    "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand."Phil. 4:6-7 (LB)

3. SURRENDER __________

"If a person's thinking is controlled by his sinful self, then there is death. But if his thinking is controlled by the Spirit, then there is life and peace."Rom. 8:6 (ICB)
    "Those who love your teaching will find true peace, and nothing will defeat them."Ps. 119:165 (NCV)
    "Since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us."Rom. 5:1 (NLT)

David333 likes this.
  6. David333

David333 Fapstronaut

This has become a big part of my morning routine, thank you brother

icandoallthings likes this.
  7. DAY 4

POINT TO PONDER
    There is more to life than just here and now.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." 1 John 2:17
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Since I was made to last forever, what is the one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing today?

[​IMG]

WHERE TO FIND THE HOPE YOU NEED
    Rick Warren

“May God, the source of hope, fill you with joy and peace through your faith in Him. Then you’ll overflow with hope…” Rom. 15:13 (GWT)

“In Your name I will hope, for Your name is good.” Ps. 52:9

Jehovah Shammah = “God is always there!”​

BECAUSE GOD IS ALWAYS WITH ME…

1. HIS PRESENCE IS ___________________

“Don’t worry, because I am with you. Don’t be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you. I will support you…” Is. 41:10 (NCV)

“I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” Ps. 32:8 (NLT)

I have hope when I think of this: The Lord’s love never ends; His mercies never stop. They are new every morning.” Lam. 3:21-23 (NCV)

2. HIS PURPOSE IS ___________________

“We know that God causes all things to work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. Rom. 8:28 (NAS)

(God) “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.” Jer. 29:11 (NCV)

“God began doing a good work in you and I am sure He will continue it until it is finished when Jesus Christ comes again.” Phil 1:6 (NCV)

3. HIS PLACE IS ___________________

“Don’t be troubled. You trust God, now trust in Me… I am going to prepare a place for you.” John 14:1-2 (NLT)

“God has reserved for His children the priceless gift of eternal life; it is kept in heaven for you… And God, in His mighty power, will make sure that you get there safely to receive it because you are trusting Him… So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though the going is rough for a while down here.” 1 Peter 1:4-6 (LB)

“He will wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. All of that has gone forever.” Rev. 21:4 (LB)

“Listen! I have upheld you since you were conceived and I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you. I will carry you and save you. Can you compare Me to anyone? No one is equal to Me or like Me!” Isa. 46:3-5 (NIV & NCV)

“In God’s great mercy He has caused us to be born again into a living hope, because Jesus Christ rose from the dead.” 1 Pete 1:3 (NCV)

“Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isa, 40:31 (NIV)

8. DAY 5

POINT TO PONDER
    Life is a test and a trust.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much" Luke 16:10(a)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

(Scan or click on the QR code)
    [​IMG]

WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT I BELIEVE?

Rick Warren

1. WHAT’S A WORLDVIEW?

MY WORDVIEW: The beliefs I build my life ON

· “The one with most toys wins” ___________________
    Jesus: “A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” Luke 12:15 (NIV)

· “I’Ve GoT to THiNK OF ME FIRST” ___________________
    Jesus: “If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life.” Matt. 16:25 (NLT)

· “Do whatever feels good” ___________________
    “Are you addicted to thrills? What an empty life! The pursuit of pleasure is never satisfied.” Proverbs 21:17 (Mes)

· “Whatever works for you” ___________________
    “There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.” Proverbs 14:12 (NIV)

· “God doesn’t exist or matter” ___________________

“From the beginning of creation, God has shown what He is like by all He has made. That's why those people don't have any excuse. They know about God, but they don't honor Him or even thank Him... They claim to be wise, but they are fools.” Rom. 1:20-22 (CEV)

· You are your own god” ___________________
    “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped created things rather than the Creator.” Rom. 1:25 (NIV)

· “God made ME for his purposes” ___________________
    “For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible... everything got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.” Col. 1:16 (Mes)

2. WHY DOES IT MATTER WHAT I BELIEVE?
    “Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts.” Proverbs 4:23 (TEV)

“If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; but when they attend to what He reveals, they are most blessed.” Proverbs 29:18 (Mes)

“Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.” 1 Peter 3:15 (Amp)

3. HOW CAN I STRENGTHEN MY WORLDVIEW?

___________________ WHAT IS TRUE.
    Learn the truth and never reject it. Get wisdom, self-control, and understanding.” Proverbs 23:23 (NCV)

___________________ WHAT IS FALSE.

“Don't believe everything you hear. Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you. Not everyone who talks about God comes from God. There are a lot of lying teachers loose in the world.” 1 John 4:1 (Mes)

___________________ FROM THE WORLD TO THE WORD.
    “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will.” Rom. 12:2 (NIV)

“A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash.” Proverbs 15:14 (NLT)

______________YOURSELF WITH GOD’S AGENDA.
    “God will give you all you need from day to day if you make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.” Luke 12:31 (NLT)

“Stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.” 1 Cor. 14:20 (NIV)

9. DAY 6

POINT TO PONDER
    This world is not my home.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way I am living right now?

(Scan or click on the QR code)

[​IMG]

UNDERSTANDING THE SEASONS IN LIFE
    Ecclesiastes 3:2-8
    Rick Warren

"As long as the earth remains, there will be springtime and harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night." Gen. 2:22 (LB)

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." Eccl. 3:1

"... everything on earth has its special season." (NCV)

5 FACTS ABOUT THE SEASONS OF LIFE

1. They are beyond ___________________

"God controls the times and the seasons. He makes and unmakes kings." Dan. 2:21 (GN)

2. They are often ___________________

"... God does everything just right and on time, but people can never completely understand what he is doing." Eccl. 3:11 (NCV)

3. God has a ___________________ for each season.

"We know that all that happens to us is working for our good IF we love God and are fitting into his plans." Rom. 8:28 (LB)

4. The seasons include both ___________________ times.

Eccl. 3:2-8 "There is a time to...

be born/dieplant/uprootheal/kill - build/tear down

laugh/cry - dance/grieve - gather/scatter - hug/not hug

find/lose - keep/throw away - repair/tear - speak up/be quiet

love/hate - peace/war

5. What I ___________________ in one season, I'll ___________________ in another.

"Let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Gal. 6:9 (KJV)

HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF EACH SEASON

4 Questions to Ask

1. WHAT CAN I ___________________ IN THIS SEASON OF LIFE?
    "Remember what you have learned about the Lord through your experiences with him." Deut. 11:2 (GN)
    "(This happened) ... so we might learn to trust, not in ourselves, but God..." 2 Cor. 1:9 (Ph)

2. WHAT CAN I ___________________ IN THIS SEASON OF LIFE?
    "People ought to enjoy every day of their lives." Eccl. 11:8 (NCV)
    "Give thanks in all circumstances; this is God's will for you." 1 Thess. 5:18 (NIV)
    "I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Phil. 4:11 (NIV

3. WHAT IS ___________________ IN THIS SEASON OF LIFE?
    "Live life, then, with a due sense of responsibility, not as those who do not know the meaning and purpose of life but as those who do. Make the best use of your time, despite all the difficulties these days." Eph. 5:15-16 (Ph)

4. HOW CAN I ___________________ IN THIS SEASON OF LIFE?
    "Whenever you are able, do good to people who need help." Proverbs 3:27 (NCV)
    "If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done." Eccl. 11:4 (LB)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  10. DAY 7

POINT TO PONDER
    It’s all for him.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." Romans 11:36
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Where in my daily routine can I become more aware of God’s glory?

[​IMG]

EMBRACING THE VISION: THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE

Rick Warren

“It is in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for… part of the overall purpose He is working out in everything and everyone.” Eph. 1:11 (Mes)
    “Everything, absolutely everything... got started in Him and finds its purpose in Him.” Col. 1:16 (Mes)

1. GOD PLANNED ME ___________________

“You God created everything, and it is for Your pleasure that they exist and were created!” Rev. 4:11b (NLT)
    “The Lord takes pleasure in His people.” Psalm 149:4 (GN)
    “Long before He laid down earth's foundations, God had us in mind, and settled on us as the focus of His love.” Eph. 1:4 (Mes)
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.” Matt. 22:37-38 (NIV)
    “I don't want your sacrifices – I want your love! I don't want your offerings – I want you to know Me!” Hosea 6:6 (LB)

THE 1st PURPOSE OF LIFE IS: ___________________

Some people have missed the most important thing in life – they don't know God.” 1 Tim. 6:21 (LB)
    “People who don't know God are always worrying.” Matt. 6:32a (CEV)

2. GOD FORMED ME ___________________

“God’s unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave Him great pleasure.” Eph. 1:5 (NLT)
    “God has given us the privilege of being born again so that we are now members of God's own family.” 1 Pet. 1:3 (LB)
    That family is the church of the living God, the support and foundation of the truth.” 1 Tim. 3:15 (NCV)
    “Love your spiritual family.” 1 Peter 2:17 (Mes)

THE 2nd PURPOSE OF LIFE IS: ___________________

"We belong to each other and each of us needs all the others.” Rom. 12:5 (NLT)

3. GOD CREATED ME ___________________

“From the very beginning God decided that those who came to Him--and all along He knew who would--should become like His Son.” Rom. 8:29 (LB)
    “We look at the Son and see God’s original purpose in everything created.” Col 1:15 (Mes)
    “In your lives you must think and act like Christ Jesus.” Phil. 2:5 (NCV)
    “As the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him.” 2 Cor. 3:18b (NLT)

THE 3rd PURPOSE OF LIFE IS: ___________________

“Some people have such shallow soil of character that when their emotions wear off and difficulty arrives, there’s nothing to show for it.” Mark 4:17 (Mes)

4. GOD “SHAPED” ME ___________________

You shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb.” Ps. 139:13 (Mes)

Spiritual Gifts
    Heart
    Abilities
    Personality
    Experiences

“God made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which He planned in advance for us to live our lives doing.” Eph. 2:10 (NCV)
    “God has given each of you some special abilities; be sure to use them to help each other, passing on to others God's many kinds of blessings.” 1 Peter 4:10 (LB)

THE 4th PURPOSE OF LIFE IS: ___________________

5. GOD MADE ME ___________________

Jesus:In the same way that you gave me a mission in the world, I give them a mission in the world.” John 17:18 (Mes)

“Where there is no vision, the people perish.”
    Pr. 29:18 (KJV)
    “Those who embrace My ways are most blessed.” Pr. 8:32 (Mes)
    “Jesus included everyone in His death so everyone could be included in His life, a far better life than people ever lived on their own.” 2 Cor. 5:15 (Mes)
    Open your eyes and see how good God is! Blessed are you who run to Him.” Ps. 34:8 (Mes)

Jesus: “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to Me for real rest…and you’ll recover your life…and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matt. 11:28-30 (Mes)
    “It makes no difference who you are or where you're from—if you want God and are ready to do as He says, the door is open.” Acts 10:35 (Mes)

A PRAYER OF PURPOSE
    Dear God, thank You for creating me and loving me. I want to fulfill the purposes that You created me for. So starting today, I really want to get to know and love and trust You. I want my life to bring You pleasure and I want to become a part of Your family. Help me to grow more like Your Son Jesus, and to use my life to follow and serve you. Thank You for sending Jesus to die for me. In the weeks ahead, help me to understand Your vision and mission for the rest of my life.

11. DAY 8

POINT TO PONDER
    I was planned for God’s pleasure.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people" Psalm 149:4(a)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What common task could I start doing as if I were doing it directly for Jesus?

[​IMG]

PLANNED FOR GOD’S PLEASURE
    Rick Warren

"You (God) created everything, and it is for Your pleasure that they exist and were created.” Rev. 4:11b (NLT)

“Love the Lord your God... This is the first and greatest commandment.” Matt. 22:37-38 (NIV)

MY 1st purpose is to ___________________

Because of God’s great mercy to us... Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to His service and pleasing to Him. This is the true worship that you should offer.” Rom. 12:1 (TEV)

1. WORSHIP is ___________________ to God’s love.

2. WORSHIP is ___________________ to God.

“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.” Mark 12: 30 (NCV)

GOD WANTS ME TO LOVE HIM...

___________________with my mind”

___________________ “with my heart and soul”

___________________ “with my strength.

1. WORSHIP IS ___________________ ON GOD.
    “You have looked deep into my heart, Lord, and You know all about me. You know when I am resting or when I am working... You notice everything I do and everywhere I go.” Ps. 139:1-3 (CEV)
    Focusing on yourself is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, and ends up thinking more about self than God.” Rom. 8:7 (Msg)
    “Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God.” Rom. 12:2a (Msg)
    “Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense His grace.” Matt 6:6 (Msg)
    “Worship Him continually.” Ps. 105:4 (TEV)
    “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You! Isa. 26:3 (NLT)

2. WORSHIP IS ___________________ TO GOD.
    “We love Him, because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19 (KJV)
    “I don't want your sacrifices – I want your love! I don't want your offerings – I want you to know Me!” Hosea 6:6 (LB)
    “He is a God who is passionate about His relationship with you.” Ex. 34:14b (NLT)
    Give yourselves completely to God since you have been given new life.” Rom. 6:13 (NLT)

3. WORSHIP IS ___________________ FOR GOD.
    “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people.” Col. 3:23 (TEV)

“Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering.” Rom. 12:1a (Msg)
    “So we make it our goal to please Him...” 2 Cor. 5:9 (NIV)

12. DAY 9

POINT TO PONDER
    God smiles when I trust him.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy" Psalm 147:11
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Since God knows what is best, in what areas of my life do I need to trust him most?

[​IMG]

WHAT MAKES GOD SMILE?

Rick Warren

“You (God) created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created!" Rev. 4:11b (NLT)
    “The Lord takes pleasure in His people.” Ps 149:4 (GN)

WORSHIP: Living a life ___________________

“Because of God's great mercy... Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service and pleasing to him. This is the true worship that you should offer.” Rom. 12:1 (GN)

“Noah was a pleasure to the Lord.” Gen. 6:8 (LB)

WE GIVE GOD PLEASURE...

1. WHEN WE ___________________
    "I don't want your sacrifices-- I want your love! I don't want your offerings--I want you to know me!” Hosea 6:6 (LB)
    “Noah consistently followed God's will and enjoyed a close relationship with him.” Gen. 6:9b (NLT)
    “God’s unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasureEph. 1:5 (NLT)

2. WHEN WE ___________________
    “The Lord takes pleasure in those who honor him and trust in his constant love.” Ps. 147:11 (GN)
    By faith, Noah built a ship in the middle of dry land. He was warned about something he couldn't see, and acted on what he was told... His act of faith drew a sharp line between the evil of the unbelieving world and the rightness of the believing world. As a result, Noah became intimate with God.” Heb. 11:7 (Mes)

God: “I want you to trust me in your times of trouble, so I can rescue you and you can give me glory.” Ps. 50:14 (LB)

3. WHEN WE ___________________

“We please God by what we do and not only by what we believe.” James 2:24 (CEV)
    Noah obeyed and built a boat...” Heb. 11:b (CEV)
    “Noah did everything exactly as God commanded him.” Gen. 6:22 (NLT)
    “Just tell me what to do and I will do it, Lord. As long as I live I'll wholeheartedly obey.” Ps. 119:33 (LB)
    “Those who live by their natural inclinations can never be pleasing to God.” Rom. 8:8 (NJB)

4. WHEN WE ___________________
    “Then God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth!” Gen. 9:1 (KJV)
    “The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives.” Ps. 37:23 (NLT)
    God takes particular pleasure in acts of worship -a different kind of "sacrifice"—that take place in kitchen and workplace and on the streets.” Heb. 13:16b (Mes)
    “This is the crisis we're in: God’s light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness...because they were not really interested in pleasing God.” John 3:19 (Mes)
    “The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who are wise, who want to please God.” Ps. 14:2 (LB)
    “Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God.” 2 Peter 1:3 (Mes)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  13. DAY 10

POINT TO PONDER
    The heart of worship is surrender.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "...and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness." Romans 6:13(b)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What area of my life am I holding back from God?

[​IMG]

SAYING “YES!” TO GOD

Rick & Kay Warren

“They preached with joyful urgency that life can be radically different!” Mark 6:12 (Msg)

1. WHAT CHANGES WHEN I SAY “YES!” TO GOD?

· MY DAY BECOMES ___________________

“God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of His Son and our master Jesus.” 1 Cor. 1:9 (Msg)

“By an act of faith, Abraham said YES to God's call to travel to an unknown place that would become his home. When he left he had no idea where he was going!” Heb.11:8 (Msg)

· MY LIFE BECOMES ___________________

“By His mighty power at work within us, God is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope.” Eph. 3:20 (NLT)

“Jesus asked, ‘Do you believe I can make you see?’ ‘Yes, Lord!’ they told Him. ‘We do!’ Then He touched their eyes and said, ‘Because of your faith, it will happen.’ And suddenly they could see!” Matt. 9:28-30 (NLT)

· MY HEART BECOMES ___________________

“I've told you all this so that in trusting Me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace.” John 16:33 (Msg)

2. WHAT KEEPS ME FROM SAYING “YES!” TO GOD?

· ___________________

“The Lord is good to everyone, and His compassion is intertwined with everything He does.” Psalm 145:9 (LB)

“For I know the plans I have for you. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jer. 29:11 (LB)

· ___________________

“Another said, ‘Yes, Lord, I will follow You, but let me first say good-bye to my family.’ Jesus told him, ‘Anyone who puts a hand to the plow then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.’” Luke 9:61-62 (NLT)

3. HOW DO I SAY “YES!” TO GOD? ___________________

“Don’t surrender any part of yourselves to sin to be used for wicked purposes. Instead, give yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life, and surrender your whole being to Him to be used for righteous purposes.” Rom. 6:13 (TEV)

“Joshua said to the people, ‘You are your own witnesses to the fact that you have chosen to serve the Lord.’ ‘YES!’ they said. ‘Then get rid of those foreign gods that you have,’ he demanded, ‘and pledge your love to the Lord.’” Joshua 24:22-23 (TEV)

4. WHERE DO I NEED TO SAY “YES!” TO GOD?

“So Eli said to Samuel, ‘Go lie down again, and if someone calls to you again, say, 'YES, Lord, your servant is listening!’” 1 Sam. 3:9 (NLT)

“Find out for yourself how good the Lord is.” Psalm 34:8 (TEV)

14. DAY 11

POINT TO PONDER
    God wants to be my best friend.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him...." Psalms 25:14(a)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What can I do to remind myself to think about God and talk to him more often throughout the day?

HOW TO CONNECT WITH GOD
    Rick and Kay Warren

“If you stay joined to Me and My words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!” John 15:7 (NLT)

“The world is full of so-called prayer warriors who are prayer- ignorant. They’re full of formulas and programs and advice, peddling techniques for getting what you want from God. Don’t fall for that nonsense.” Matt 6:7-8a (Mes)

HOW TO REALLY CONNECT WITH GOD

1. BE ___________________

“Be still, and know that I am God.” Ps. 46:10 (NIV)
    “I have stilled and quieted myself, just as a small child is quiet with its mother.” Ps. 131:2 (NLT)

2. BE ___________________

“If you look for Me in earnest, you will find Me when you seek Me.” Jer. 29:13 (NLT)

"When you come before God, don’t turn it into a theatrical production. All these people making a regular show out of their prayers, hoping for stardom! Do you think God sits in a box seat? ‘Here’s what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won’t be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace.” Matt 6:5-6 (Mes)

3. BE ___________________

“And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as (unbelievers) do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words.” Matt. 6:7 (NASB)
    “Don’t recite the same prayer over and over...” Matt. 6:7 (LB)
    “With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply. Like this: Our Father in heaven, Reveal who you are. Set the world right; Do what’s best— as above, so below. Keep us alive with three square meals. Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others. Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil. You’re in charge!”’ Matt 6:9-13 (Mes)

4. BELIEVE ___________________

“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Heb. 4:15-16 (NIV)
    “You can ask for anything in My name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father.” John 14:13 (NLT)
    “Anyone who comes to God must believe that He is real and that He rewards those who truly want to find Him.” Heb. 11:6 (NCV)

15. DAY 12

POINT TO PONDER
    I’m as close to God as I choose to be.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Come near to God and he will come near to you" James 4:8(a)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?

FOLLOWING GOD’S DIRECTIONS
    Rick Warren

“Follow all the directions the Lord has given you. Then life will go well for you...” Deut. 5:33 (GW)

WHAT God PROMISES IF WE OBEY HIM

“God blesses those who obey Him.” Prov. 16:20 (LB)
    “God saves those who obey Him.” Ps. 7:10 (GN)
    “The Lord watches over those who obey Him.” Ps. 33:18 (GN)
    “The Lord takes care of those who obey him.” Ps. 37:18 (GN)
    “You help all those who obey You.” Ps. 7:9 (NLT)
    “God gives us what we ask for because we obey His commands.” 1 John 3:22 (NCV)
    “Always obey the Lord and you will be happy.” Prov. 28:14 (GN)
    “Keep God's laws and you will live longer.” Prov. 19:16 (GN)
    “Those who obey the Lord lack nothing good.” Ps. 34:10 (GN)
    “Those who obey Him have all they need.” Ps. 34:9 (GN)

You will...

“... live in perfect freedom.” Ps. 119:45 (GN)
    “... have greater wisdom.” Ps. 119:100 (GN)
    “... dwell in security and peace.” Prov. 1:33 (NAB)
    “... be prosperous and successful.” Josh. 1:8 (GN)
    “...be great in the kingdom of heaven.” Matt. 5:19 (NCV)
    “...be rewarded.” Prov. 13:13 (NCV)

OTHER PROMISES
    Prov. 19:23 (GN), Prov. 10:27 (GN), Ps. 25:14 (GN), Ps. 128:1 (GN), Ps. 106:3 (GN), Luke 11:28 (NIV), Ps. 111:10 (NLT), John 15:7 (LB)

HOW TO RECEIVE GOD'S PROMISES

1. OBEY God ___________________

“I will quickly obey Your commands.” Ps. 119:32 (NCV)
    Without delay I hurry to obey Your commands.” Ps. 119:60 (GN)

2. OBEY God ___________________

“Lord, You gave Your orders to be obeyed completely.” Ps. 119:4 (NCV)
    “... Your job is not to decide whether God's law is right or wrong, but to obey it.” James 4:11c (LB)
    “Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own.” Prov. 3:5 (Mes)

3. OBEY God ___________________

“Obey Him gladly.” Ps. 100:2b(LB)
    “I enjoy obeying Your commands.” Ps. 119:16 (NCV)
    “I find pleasure in obeying Your commands...” Ps. 119:47 (GN)
    “Loving God means doing what He tells us to do...” 1 John 5:3 (LB)

4. OBEY God ___________________

“I am determined to obey You until I die.” Ps. 119:112 (LB)
    “Just tell me what to do and I will do it, Lord. As long as I live I’ll wholeheartedly obey.” Ps. 119:33 (LB)
    “We must be sure to obey the truth we have learned already.” Phil. 3:16 (NLT)
    “Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to Me as ‘Lord,’ but they still won’t enter heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey My Father.” Matt. 7:21 (NLT)

16. DAY 13

POINT TO PONDER
    It's Not About Me
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment." Mark 12:30
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Which is more pleasing to God right now — my public worship or my private worship? What will I do about this?

HOW TO TELL GOD YOU LOVE HIM
    Essentials for 21st Century Living
    Rick Warren

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.” Matt. 23:37-38 (NIV)

“Expressing my love to God” is called ___________________

1. BY ___________________ TO HIM

Sing out your thanks to Him; sing praises to our God…” Ps. 147:7 (LB)

Regularly – Occasionally – Rarely

2. BY ___________________ WITH HIM

“I love the Lord because He hears and answers my prayers. Because He bends down and listens, I will pray as long as I have breath!” Ps. 116:1-2 (NLT)

3. BY ___________________ TO HIM

“I am the good shepherd I know My own sheep, and they know Me… and they listen to My voice.” John 10:14, 16 (NLT)

4. BY ___________________ WITH HIM

“If anyone is ashamed of Me and My teaching then I will be ashamed of him when I come with the glory of My Father…” Mark 8:38 (ICB)

2 WAYS: COMMUNION & BAPTISM

“When we went under the water, we left the old country of sin behind; when we came up out of the water, we entered into the new country of grace – a new life in a new land! That’s what baptism into the life of Jesus means. When we are lowered into the water, it is like the burial of Jesus; when we are raised up out of the water, it is like the resurrection of Jesus.” Rom. 6:3 (Mes.)

“Going under the water was a burial of your old life; coming up out of it was a resurrection, God raising you from the dead as He did Christ.” Col. 2:12 (Mes)

“Your baptism in Christ was not just washing you up for a fresh start. It also involved dressing you in an adult faith wardrobe – Christ’s life, the fulfillment of God’s original promise.” Gal. 3:27 (Mes.)

5. BY ________________________________________ TO HIM

“Take your everyday, ordinary life – your sleeping, eating, going-to-work and walking-around life – and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.” Rom. 12:1 (Mes)

6. BY ________________________________________ TO HIM

“Just as you excel in faith, in speech, in knowledge and in complete earnestness… see that you also excel in the grace of giving. I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love.” 2 Cor. 8:7-8 (NIV)

17. DAY 14

POINT TO PONDER
    God is real, no matter how I feel.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5(b)
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    How can I stay focused on God’s presence, especially when he feels distant?

CONNECTING WITH GOD IN A CRISIS

Rick Warren

“When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?" Ps. 11:3 (NIV)

“Go to the Lord for help, and worship Him.” 1 Chr. 16:11 (TEV)

“Worship opens doors to all His goodness.” Ps. 34:9 (Msg)

When your heart is breaking: ___________________ the example of Job (Job 1:1-2:10)

HOW DO I WORSHIP GOD IN A TRAGEDY?
    1. TELL GOD ___________________

“Cry out in the night...Pour out your heart like water in prayer to the Lord.” Lam. 2:19 (NCV)

“I can't be quiet! I’m angry and bitter. I have to speak!” Job 7:11(TEV)

Jeremiah (Jer. 20:67) Naomi (Ruth 1:20) David (Ps. 88:15)

“I believed, so I said, “I am completely ruined!’" Ps. 116:10 (NCV)

2. PRAISE GOD ___________________

Job said, "I was born with nothing, and I’ll die with nothing. The Lord gave, and now He has taken away. May His name be praised! In spite of everything that had happened, Job did not sin by blaming God.” Job 1:21-22 (TEV)

What you can praise God for:

· That He is a good & loving God Job 10:12

· That He is all-powerful Job 36:22, 37:5,23

· That He notices every detail of my life Job 23:10, 31:4

· That He is in control Job 34:13

· That He has a plan for my life Job 23:14

· That He will protect me Job 5:11

“Even though the fig trees have no fruit and no grapes grow on the vines, even though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no grain, even though the sheep all die and the cattle stalls are empty, I’ll still be joyful and glad, because the Lord God is my Savior.” Hab. 3:17-18 (TEV)

Job: “Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him.” Job 13:15 (KJV)

3. ASK GOD ___________________

“Look to the Lord and His strength.” Ps. 105:4 (NIV)

“God is the real source of wisdom and strength.” Job 12:13 (CEV)

“I can lie down and go to sleep, and I’ll wake up again, because the Lord gives me strength.” Ps. 3:5 (NCV)

“The Lord saves good people; He is their strength in times of trouble.” Ps. 37:39 (NCV)

“So here I am in the place of worship, eyes open, drinking in Your strength and glory.” Ps. 63:2 (Msg)

4. KEEP FOCUSED ___________________

“Therefore we do not lose heart…For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Cor. 4:16-18 (NIV)

Jesus: “(By) trusting Me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world." John 16:33 (Msg)

Do you see what we've got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful, but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God!” Heb. 12:28 (Msg)

“Those who worship God will be encouraged.” Ps. 69:32 (TEV)

18. DAY 15

POINT TO PONDER
    I was formed for God’s family.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will," Ephesians 1:5
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    How can I start treating other believers like members of my own family?

YOU WERE FORMED FOR GOD’S FAMILY
    Rick Warren

“God is the one who made all things, and all things are for His glory. He wanted to have many children share His glory...” Heb. 2:10a (NCV)
    “God’s unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ.” Eph. 1:5 (NLT)
    “I’m writing… so you’ll know how to live in the family of God. That family is the church of the living God.” 1 Tim. 3:14-15 (NCV)
    JESUS: “I’m giving you a new commandment: Love each other! Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for each other will prove to the world that you are My disciples.” John 13:34-35 (NLT)

THE 2nd PURPOSE OF LIFE: ___________________ is God’s answer to loneliness!

FOUR LEVELS OF FELLOWSHIP

(Learning how to love)

LEVEL 1: THE FELLOWSHIP OF ___________________

“All the believers met together constantly and shared everything with each other.” Acts 2:44 (LB)
    “Let us not give up the habit of meeting together. Instead, let us encourage one another...” Heb. 10:25 (TEV)

· SHARE ___________________

“When you gather, each one of you be prepared with something useful for all: Sing a song, teach a lesson, tell a story, lead a prayer, provide an insight… Take your turn, with no one person taking over. That way… you all learn from each other.” 1 Cor. 14:26, 30-31(Mes)

· SHARE ___________________

“Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.” Rom. 12:15 (NIV)

LEVEL 2: THE FELLOWSHIP OF ___________________

“...You are members of God's very own family... and you belong in God's household with every other Christian.” Eph. 2:19 (LB)
    “In Christ we who are many form one Body, and each member belongs to all the others.” Rom. 12:5 (NIV)
    “The person who loves God must also love other believers.” 1 John 4:21 (GW)
    “Love your spiritual family!” 1 Pet. 2:17b (Msg)
    Open your homes to each other without complaining.” 1 Pet. 4:9 (NCV)
    “This is what we proclaimed in word and action when we were baptized. Each of us is now a part of His Body.” 1 Cor. 12:13 (Mes)

LEVEL 3: THE FELLOWSHIP OF ___________________

“We are partners working together for God.” 1 Cor. 3:9a (TEV)
    “Two people are better than one, because they get more done by working together.” Eccl. 4:9 (NCV)
    “The whole Body is fitted together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole Body is healthy and growing and full of love.” Eph. 4:16 (NLT)
    “When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it. But we should give special attention to those in our family of believers.” Gal. 6:10 (NCV)

LEVEL 4: THE FELLOWSHIP OF ___________________

“ Share each other's troubles and problems. In this way you obey the law of Christ.” Gal. 6:2 (NLT)
    “If one member suffers, all suffer together.” 1 Cor. 12:26 (ESV)
    “Be devoted to each other like a loving family.” Rom. 12:10 (GW)
    “We know what real love is because Christ gave up His life for us. And so we also ought to give up our lives for our Christian brothers and sisters.” 1 John 3:16 (NLT)

WHAT LEVEL ARE YOU IN GOD’S FAMILY?

· “Sharing together” ___________________

· “Belonging together” ___________________

· “Serving together” ___________________

· Suffering together” ___________________

“You are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.” Gal. 3:26 (NLT)

19. DAY 16

POINT TO PONDER
    Life is all about love.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Galatians 5:14
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Honestly, are relationships my first priority? How can I ensure that they are?

WHAT MATTERS MOST
    All About Love: 1 Cor. 13
    Rick Warren

“There was a rich man whose land produced a bountiful harvest. He asked himself, 'What shall I do, for I don’t have space to store my goods?’ Then he said, 'Here’s what I’ll do: I’ll tear down my barns and build me larger ones! Then I’ll say to myself, "I have so many good things stored up for me - now rest, eat, drink, and be merry!” But God said to him, 'You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you; and then to whom will all your things belong?’ Thus will it be for anyone who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich in what matters to God." Luke 2:16-21 (NAB)

“If you are a follower of Christ Jesus ... All that matters is your faith that makes you love others.” Gal. 5:6 (CEV)

IF I DON’T LIVE A LIFE OF LOVE...

1. ...NOTHING ___________________ WILL MATTER.
    “If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal.” 1 Cor. 13:1 (NLT)

2. ...NOTHING _____________________ WILL MATTER.
    “I may have the gift of prophecy. I may understand all the secret things of God and have all knowledge. But if I do not have love, then I am nothing” 1 Cor. 13:2a (NCV)

3. ...NOTHING _____________________ WILL MATTER.
    “Even if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, I would still be worth nothing at all without love.” 1 Cor. 13:2b (LB))

4. ...NOTHING _____________________ WILL MATTER.

“If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, but didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.” 1 Cor. 13:3a (NLT)

5. ...NOTHING _____________________ WILL MATTER.
    “So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.” 1 Cor. 13:3b (Mes)

WHAT IS LOVE?

o LOVE IS A ___________________

“Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another” 2 John 1:6 (NLT)

Go after a life of love as if your life depended on it—because it does!” 1 Cor. 14:1a (Mes)

“Let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions.” 1 John 3:18 (LB)

“ God is love. If we keep on loving others, we will stay one in our hearts with God, and he will stay one with us.” 1 John 4:16 (CEV)

HOW TO BUILD A LIFE OF LOVE

1. ___________________ how mature love acts and responds.

2. ___________________ your day with a daily reminder to love.

3. ___________________ what God says about love.

4. ___________________ acting in unselfish, loving ways.

5. ___________________ from other loving people.

“Keep company with God and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.” Eph. 5:2 (Mes)

“In this life we have three lasting qualities: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love!” 1 Cor 13:13 (Ph)

20. DAY 17

POINT TO PONDER
    I am called to belong, not just believe.
    VERSE TO REMEMBER
    "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will," Ephesians 1:5
    QUESTION TO CONSIDER
    Does my level of involvement in my local church demonstrate that I love and am committed to God’s family?

WE ARE MEMBERS OF GOD’S FAMILY
    Rick Warren

In Christ, we who are many form one Body, and each member belongs to all the others.” Rom. 12:5 (NIV)
    “…let us do good to all people, especially those who belong to the family of believers.” Gal. 6:10 (NIV)

I. THE GROWTH OF THE 1st CHURCH (JERUSALEM)

· Acts 1:15 “120 believers”

· Acts 2:41 “3000 were added to the church that day”

· Acts 2:47 “the Lord added daily those being saved”

· Acts 4:4 “the number of men grew to 5,000

· Acts 5:14 “more & more believed & a multitude was added”

· Acts 5:28 “you’ve filled Jerusalem with your teachings”

· Acts 6:1 “the number of disciples rapidly multiplied

· Acts 6:7 “the number of believers increased rapidly”

· Acts 21:20 tens of thousands have become believers”

II. WHERE DID THEY MEET?

“(They met) day after day, in the TEMPLE COURTS AND from house to house...” Acts 5:42

LARGE GROUP ___________________

“They met together at the Temple Courts…” Acts 2:46 (NLT)

SMALL GROUP ___________________

“Greet the church that meets in their home.” Rom. 16:5 (NLT)

Advantages: Homes are…

7 MARKS OF A HEALTHY GROUP: ACTS 2:42-47

1. ___________________

“They devoted themselves to the apostles teaching...”

2. ___________________

“They devoted themselves… to the fellowship”

“They ate together with glad and sincere hearts”

3. ___________________

“They devoted themselves… to the breaking of bread”

4. ___________________

They devoted themselves… to prayer”

5. ___________________

“They gave to anyone as he had a need…”

6. ___________________

“They praised God and enjoyed the favor of all the people”

7. ___________________

“Everyday, the number in their group continued to grow as the Lord added those who were being saved”