1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Push-Up Daily Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Superman#, Apr 2, 2020.

1. 07/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & before my breakfast, as I thought I had to do something straight after so I didn't bother & just didn't feel like doing 10 minutes of Kettlbell swings.

Which are;

1. LOWER LEG ISOTENSION Tense the calves and lower legs hard. (It can be tough to get the knack of this, at first; lifting the heels half an inch off the ground will help.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

2. THIGH ISOTENSION While standing upright, tense the quadriceps and hamstrings hard. The legs can be either locked, or bent. (You can even perform this seated.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

3. GLUTEAL ISOTENSION After the thigh tension, tense and squeeze the gluteal muscles together as hard as possible, without moving the hips or thighs. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

4. STOMACH ISOTENSION Smoothly exhale; once the air has left your lungs and the stomach is drawn in, then tense the abdominals hard. There is no need to bend forward. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

5. LATERAL TORSO ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders down in their sockets and tense the lats (under the armpits) hard. You do not need to spread your shoulders out for this drill. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

6. PEC ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders forward in their sockets and tense and squeeze the chest muscles hard. (You don’t need to move your arms much.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

7. ARM ISOTENSION Holding the arms slightly bent or straight, tense the biceps and triceps hard. You also have the option of making a fist, and tensing your grip. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

Using the Iso-Trainer:
    https://www.worldfit.com/product-page/iso-trainer

Doing my own version of this routine

Which are;
    Zercher Squat Bottom Position:
    Strength: 3 set of 3 secs
    Strength/Hypertrophy: 3 sets of 6 secs
    Hypertrophy: 3 sets of 21 secs

Deadlift Bottom Position;

Shoulder/Over Head Press Bottom Position:

Feel good, though felt at times I wasn't doing the appropriate tension for the exercises, I.e;

Max strength 3 secs 100%

Strength/Hypertrophy 6 secs 90%

Hypertrophy 20-45 secs 60-80%

Mostly with the squats at the strength part I didn't feel I was giving the right tension at times, but not feeling too bad, as there are going to be off days, I'll just work on keeping it up and work on having more good days if I can.

Buddhism Is True and palindromo like this.
  2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

3. 08/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & before my breakfast. I just can't be asked to do Kettlbellswings at times, I wonder why it is on some days then not so much on others.

Which are;

1. LOWER LEG ISOTENSION Tense the calves and lower legs hard. (It can be tough to get the knack of this, at first; lifting the heels half an inch off the ground will help.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

2. THIGH ISOTENSION While standing upright, tense the quadriceps and hamstrings hard. The legs can be either locked, or bent. (You can even perform this seated.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

3. GLUTEAL ISOTENSION After the thigh tension, tense and squeeze the gluteal muscles together as hard as possible, without moving the hips or thighs. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

4. STOMACH ISOTENSION Smoothly exhale; once the air has left your lungs and the stomach is drawn in, then tense the abdominals hard. There is no need to bend forward. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

5. LATERAL TORSO ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders down in their sockets and tense the lats (under the armpits) hard. You do not need to spread your shoulders out for this drill. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

6. PEC ISOTENSION Pull the shoulders forward in their sockets and tense and squeeze the chest muscles hard. (You don’t need to move your arms much.) 1 set of 1-2 seconds

7. ARM ISOTENSION Holding the arms slightly bent or straight, tense the biceps and triceps hard. You also have the option of making a fist, and tensing your grip. 1 set of 1-2 seconds

Using the Iso-flo;

https://www.bullworker.com/product/iso-flo/

Which are;

Feel good, though felt at times I wasn't doing the appropriate tension for the exercises, I.e;

Max strength 3 secs 100%

Feel good today, tried doing Zercher Squats with this;

Bullworker ISO-FLO https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082QNWLC4/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_6RGPR3ARZ9PS2HSPT450

And feel it is a alot easier using this for it and pulling the same amount of tension with the Iso-Trainer. So I'll experiment more and see of I'll keep using the Iso-flo for squats.

Which thinking I would of used this as my main for Isometric Training, as the one belt buckle is very useful I just wifh it was longer with the straps for when I want to do top position over head press.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  4. 20 Minutes of "Ring Fit Adventure"
    15 Pull ups

5. Oh I really want to play that game, just an issue with trying to get it without it being stupidly expensive & I love above a shop and don't want to disturb them.

palindromo and Buddhism Is True like this.
  6. 09/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & before my breakfast. Was going to do Kettlbellswings but I was helping my girlfriend move some furniture so I didn't.

Which are;

Using the Iso-Trainer:

Which are;

Max strength 3 secs 100%

Feel really good with my main routine, feel I'm doing better with getting the right tension, especially with my Zercher Squats.

Tried it all today with the Iso-Trainer, Feel I'm good with using it as of been using it alot. Tomorrow I'll try using the Iso-flo see how that goes

Also I purchased a Yoga Strap to try and do Isometric push-upd, struggling with them at the moment and trying to get the right hight for it. Also did 10 push-ups

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    palindromo likes this.
  7. There is a silent mode where you do little squats instead of jogging in place. The exercises are legit so far. All dynamic tension with the ring. $79.99 well spent.

9 minutes of jump rope (3 at easy pace, 3 minute long sprints, another 3 at easy pace)
    About 20 minutes of ring fit adventure
    25 pullups in sets of five
    25 diamond pushups in sets of five
    10 minutes of PT on my lower back

palindromo likes this.
  8. 10/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & before my breakfast.

Which are;

Using the Iso-flo;

Which are;

Doing the tension like this;

Max strength 3 secs 100%

Feel really good with my main routine, feel I'm doing better with getting the right tension, especially with my Zercher Squats.

Tried with the iso-flo, feel I get the same effect, though feels different doing Over Head Presses & when doing the zercher squat placed the handle on my feet and it did hurt, so trying to figure out what to do about that.

Also did 15 push-ups

9. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

10. 9 minutes of jump rope
    16 minutes of Ring Fit Adventure
    30 pull ups in sets of 5
    40 diamond push-ups in sets of 8

palindromo likes this.
  11. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

12. 11/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, 1 before my workout then after it & before my breakfast.

Which are;

Using the Iso-flo;

Which are;

Max strength 3 secs 100%

Went to therapy before my session and didn't feel I was giving it my all as I normally do it today as also didn't feel like doing more than my main routine.

Used the Iso-flo and used 2 Wrist sweatband to cushion against the handle above my feet for Zercher Squats and it worked really well, I didn't feel the pain at all.

Though feel that doing the overhead press with it doesn't feel as good doing it with the Iso-Trainer. Maybe I'll work on it more to see how I can make it work with the Iso-flo.reason why is because thinking about getting this as a present for family and friends and seeing if this is good to use as the Iso-Trainer, because its easier to deliver.

Also did 15 push-ups

13. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

14. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

15. RedpillCyrto

RedpillCyrto New Fapstronaut

Keep it up eventuallt youll break that barrier just takes patience

palindromo and Buddhism Is True like this.
  16. 12/08/2021

Did my ILIT: Impromptu Loadless Isometric Training 3 times, i forgot to do it before so I just did it twice after my workout & before my breakfast.

Which are;

Also I changed mybwarm up routine as having to change rooms for my routine as the room I normally do it in isn't usable at the moment & I don't want to disturb my neighbours down stairs as they can feel more shaking in the room I'm in

My warm up is;

With 1kg I do:

100 Zercher Squats

100 Deadlifts

100 Over Head Presses

Using the Iso-Trainer:

Which are;

Max strength 3 secs 100%

Felt I've done a lot better today. Used the Iso-trainer today.

Also did 20 push-ups

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  17. 50 pushups
    25 diamond pushups
    25 pullups
    20 minutes Ring Fit Adventure

palindromo and BillyBobBoBoBo like this.
  18. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut