1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Push-Up Daily Challenge

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Superman#, Apr 2, 2020.

1. alexandrebois

alexandrebois Fapstronaut

Is it safe to do pushup daily?

I've heard that you only need to do it like 3 times a week to make the muscles relax !

Garek and palindromo like this.
  2. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

1x22 regular pushups (Warm-Up)
    1x22 diamond pushups (Warm-Up)
    1x22 wide-grip pushups (Warm-Up)

2 minute one-arm-plankhold (1 minute per arm)
    2x16 one-arm-pushups on 1/2 way (8 reps per arm)
    2x16 one-arm-pushups with assisting fingertips of other arm (8 reps per arm)
    1x20 one-arm-pushups with assisting knuckles of other arm (10 reps per arm)
    1x20 wide staggered pushups (speak other arm wide forward) (10 reps per arm)
    2x10 spiderman + staggered pushups
    1x20 deep + staggered pushups (10 per arm)

3. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

Well if it isn't that much you do on one day, I don't see problems. But you're right, you need one or two days to get recovered.
    I do pushups on every second or third day. After the day of pushups I do other exercises for others muscles e.g. day 1 pushups and triceps, day 2 abs only, day 3 legs + pushups, day 4 biceps and back, day 5 abs + pushups etc.

4. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

It depends on how well trained you are.
    If you are not practical it is better to start low to avoid getting hurt.

A daily routine should not make muscle exhaust , otherwise the next day you could not repeat it.
    But yet if you make muscle exhausted you could improve it.
    So you see a daily routine should be part of a weekly scheduled routine .
    Also it is unthinkable to train just chest and not all the others muscles.

- - - -

Zephon and Garek like this.
  5. 12/05/2021

Hindu Push-ups 100

Hindu Squats 100

Table Bridges 100

squat thrust with push-ups 100

Taking about 39:48

Didn't do the rows and Squat assisted chin-ups again, as felt like not doing them, but instead just done this routine and other random swinging with my Indian clubs
    & the beginning exercise of this video of the 2 clubs going round the same side

I don't know why I am not feeling up for rowing recently, but still got a good workout with the clubs after my main routine.

I didn't forgot to do these straight after.

But feel I am not doing them effectively.

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/oldtime-strongman-exercises/

Body Resistance Bicep Curls

[​IMG]

Directions from Molding a Mighty Arm (1932) by George F. Jowett:

“Stand erect with feet together and clasp the left hand in the right in front of the body with the palm of the right hand facing directly forward and the arms held straight down by the sides. From this position turn the right hand on the wrist upward in a cupping motion so the space between the hand and the forearm is shortened. Now begin to bend the arm at the elbow and raise the right hand toward the right shoulder. Throughout this motion press down with all the power of the left arm to resist the upward trend of the right arm. This will bring the right arm biceps into play very forcibly in order to overcome the left hand pressure. When the right hand is curled to the shoulder allow the arm to return back to the original position, but in doing so, resist the downward action, this time by pulling up with the left hand.

Perform this exercise reversing the hands so as to develop both arms equally.

Half a dozen repetitions will give you some idea of the effect this exercise has upon the biceps.”

40 reps for biceps

20 for forearms

Isometric Tricep Extension

[​IMG]

“Another triceps wakener is to grasp the wrist of the right hand by the left hand, passing the left arm across the small of the back. Stiffen the right arm and lift backwards trying to break the grip of the left hand. You will not be able to lift high but the triceps kick should be strongly felt.”

3 times holding for 12 seconds

Body Resistance Shoulder Shrugs

[​IMG]

Directions from Molding a Mighty Back (1932) by George F. Jowett:

“Here is an exercise I always enjoy and one that I have practiced all my life. In fact, it was one of the first group of exercises I ever practiced. You may not care for it as much as some other, but I liked it because I could get tremendous resistance from it.

I first adopted the position of hands clasped behind the back, then drew the shoulders forward and allowed the chin to sink upon the chest. I would then tense and forcibly bring the shoulder blades together as much as I could, throwing back the head as this was done. See Fig. 15. This I would repeat anywhere from twelve to eighteen times, giving complete contraction and extension of these powerful shoulder muscles.”

20 reps

Decided to exercise today, as I have something to do early on tomorrow, so better to do a full routine today to leave tomorrow with an option for a rest day or for a quick routine.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Zephon, palindromo and Garek like this.
  6. (1 minute of jump rope moderately fast + 10 tricep push-ups + 10 resistance band curls) X 5 cycles

Goal is same work out but X 6 cycles.

Be better today than you were yesterday.

Addendum: 25 additional push-ups

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2021
    BillyBobBoBoBo, Zephon and palindromo like this.
  7. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

8. desisodier

desisodier Fapstronaut

Man, I also wanna start doing push ups on a regular basis
    Count me in. I challenge I am gonna defeat everyone's record here!!
    Though I can do only 30 push ups one at a time, I will increase it day by day.
    NO excuses.
    I will give u my records after 1 week.

BillyBobBoBoBo, palindromo and Garek like this.
  9. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

10. Variety of exercises focused on legs, lower back, and abs.

25 push-ups

Zephon, BillyBobBoBoBo and palindromo like this.
  11. How do you structure these?

BillyBobBoBoBo and palindromo like this.
  12. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

i do 50 x 3

- - -

270 chest day

BillyBobBoBoBo and Garek like this.
  13. 14/05/2021

Hindu Push-ups 100

Hindu Squats 100

Table Bridges 100

Taking 40:26

Then these, though I had cut them down to try to focus more on the quality of them.

[​IMG]

“Stand erect with feet together and clasp the left hand in the right in front of the body with the palm of the right hand facing directly forward and the arms held straight down by the sides. From this position turn the right hand on the wrist upward in a cupping motion so the space between the hand and the forearm is shortened. Now begin to bend the arm at the elbow and raise the right hand toward the right shoulder. Throughout this motion press down with all the power of the left arm to resist the upward trend of the right arm. This will bring the right arm biceps into play very forcibly in order to overcome the left hand pressure. When the right hand is curled to the shoulder allow the arm to return back to the original position, but in doing so, resist the downward action, this time by pulling up with the left hand.

Half a dozen repetitions will give you some idea of the effect this exercise has upon the biceps.”

10 reps for biceps

10 for forearms

[​IMG]

“Another triceps wakener is to grasp the wrist of the right hand by the left hand, passing the left arm across the small of the back. Stiffen the right arm and lift backwards trying to break the grip of the left hand. You will not be able to lift high but the triceps kick should be strongly felt.”

1 set hold for 12 seconds

[​IMG]

“Here is an exercise I always enjoy and one that I have practiced all my life. In fact, it was one of the first group of exercises I ever practiced. You may not care for it as much as some other, but I liked it because I could get tremendous resistance from it.

I first adopted the position of hands clasped behind the back, then drew the shoulders forward and allowed the chin to sink upon the chest. I would then tense and forcibly bring the shoulder blades together as much as I could, throwing back the head as this was done. See Fig. 15. This I would repeat anywhere from twelve to eighteen times, giving complete contraction and extension of these powerful shoulder muscles.”

20 reps

As of my trigger finger recently I feel that i can't do the clubbell exercises, as I feel they are affecting my finger as well which I feel sad about as I was enjoying the new exercises. But got a doctors appointment about it next week to see what the best course of action is for it.

palindromo and Garek like this.
  14. 5 chin-ups X 4
    10 Tricep-dips X 4
    10 push-ups X 6
    10 pike-push-ups X 6

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2021
  15. 15/05/2021

Hindu Push-ups 100

Hindu Squats 100

Table Bridges 100

Taking 40:26

Then these, though I had cut them down to try to focus more on the quality of them.

[​IMG]

10 reps for biceps

10 for forearms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20 reps

palindromo likes this.
  16. I feel like I'm struggling to get myself motivated to exercise sooner when I wake up, instead watching YouTube & it's causing issue with time where I'm not being more productive. I know what I should do and nor look at my phone fir entertainment and just use it for a log for my exercises, but I don't know to just apply it.

palindromo likes this.
  17. 16/05/2021

Hindu Push-ups 100

Hindu Squats 100

Table Bridges 100

Taking 45:23

[​IMG]

10 reps for biceps

10 for forearms

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20 reps

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    palindromo likes this.
  18. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

1x22 regular pushups (warm-up)
    1x22 diamond pushups (warm-up)
    1x20 wide-grip pushups (warm-up)

1x10 deep-pushups
    1x12 deep-pushups
    3x10 spiderman + staggered pushups
    3x10 raised leg pushups
    2x10 pike-pushups

2x20 kneeling one arm tricep extension (10 per arm) with 12 kg dumbbell
    3x32 bent over rows (16 per arm) with 12 kg dumbbell

I didn't feel fit today. Tomorrow I'll become better!

palindromo likes this.
  19. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut