1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The reason you want to stop masturbating might be the reason you relapse...

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by DesertExplorer, Oct 21, 2019.

1. DesertExplorer

DesertExplorer Fapstronaut

I remember how I wanted to stop masturbating because I wanted to attract more women. I also remember how that was also the cause of my relapses (because it actually worked, but fapping is easier than pursuing a real woman).

I won't give any advice here. But if you're in this position, you might find it useful to know that when you're constantly on the lookout for women to get sexually attracted to you, you probably have sex on your mind. Then you get pressure from all this sexual energy and after a while can't stand it anymore.

Mind you, I don't believe this applies to everyone. But for an introvert like me who won't pursue a woman he's only sexually attracted to because he despises meaningless sex as much as fapping, this might be helpful.

What has helped me in my streaks was to want to do nofap to grow spiritually. For some reason during my longest streak, I could love humanity and everyone around me and cry from joy just thinking about it. This is only one example of what I experienced. I don't know the relation between semen retention and spirituality, but I know there is one. So, I want to experience all this again.

This helps more than wanting to be more attractive to the other sex in my experience. I feel silly just thinking about what was my primary intention now.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. ELITE2BE

ELITE2BE Fapstronaut

I wholeheartedly agree with you dear brother. I always preach that we are created for a much deeper purpose than being obsessed about copulation. Conquering lust is one’s true path to greatness. Life is not easy, especially in today’s over-sexualised world. But emerge victorious in this stage, and you for sure will be one of the greats.

3. ELITE2BE

ELITE2BE Fapstronaut

Just wanted to add.. I thoroughly enjoyed your post.. Keep those coming champ.

DesertExplorer and thegibbie like this.