1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE SEARCH (for Jesus)

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. bocmeow

bocmeow Fapstronaut

I've recently made it 15 days without looking at PMO and without fantasizing about sex.

LET ME TELL YOU, these have absolutely been some of the greatest days of my life!

I've been trying to quit PMO for years, but I've never tackled lustful thoughts because I didn't think they were wrong. ( FANTASIZING IS 100% NOT GOD'S WILL FOR YOUR LIFE)
    A couple of weeks ago I knew for a fact that I was doing something wrong, and that God was not pleased with something in my life, I just couldn't put my finger on it.
    My prayer was that God would give me direction, that he would show me what I was doing wrong. This lead me to listen to a podcast 15 days ago by John Piper titled "Two strategies to win the war on Lust"

God helped me to see how I was doing wrong by not being pure in my thoughts. So fifteen days ago I committed to being ABSOLUTELY brutal to every sexually immoral thought that came in. It got difficult at times, but it's led me to 15 days without the act of PMO.

I can honestly say that not fantasizing has absolutely been a game-changer in my walk with God. I truly feel the presence and power of God in my life like never before.

I started viewing this problem as a "LUST" problem that involved BOTH my thoughts and behaviors. Before these last 15 days, I viewed this as a behavior problem that only involved actions.

IF YOU HAVEN'T listened to that podcast, DO IT!

I'll be praying for you guys, I hope this podcast and post will help you in the fight for purity!

1 more thing, this " NOT FANTASIZING " isn't a magic pill that will automatically lead to victory against PMO. This was just something that has recently helped me in my walk with God and I feel like people needed to know!

Scripture that has helped against temptation is Hebrews 11&12. If you haven't looked at it recently, DO IT! It helped me!

Tao Jones and SAL_VI like this.
  2. SAL_VI

SAL_VI Fapstronaut

Well said! I noticed that even though I didn’t PMO , I still had lustful thoughts in which i indulged more rather than kill it. Especially in more weak moments such as fatigue. Yet it is so important as that’s where the battle begins

I rejoice in your progress. Praise God

Tao Jones and bocmeow like this.
  3. bocmeow

bocmeow Fapstronaut

Thank you so much!