1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sinister Side of Self-Help

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SwedishViking, Mar 19, 2020.

1. I too, really agree with your last statements. It is the truth.

Raven King likes this.
  2. Hey Shivy, thank you for your thoughtful posts on this thread.

I agree. Our beliefs do indeed play a large role in our well-being, but also in taking action. If I may share my experience with this I used to do be into gratitude and affirmations in an attempt to "rewire" my brain. But whatever power was behind those practices, paled in comparison to that of God. When I allowed him into my life I felt like a new person internally. There was no need for inner work, meditation and affirmations. No need for these tools to change my beliefs and reality. I had used them for years, but God did more for me in a few weeks. Changed me.

Yes, there is real work to be done on our behalf. But when God was involved, a large part of that work was done for me. And I am very grateful for it. I do not know how he did it. All I can say is that I was unhappy and unsatisfied, I turned to God, was lead by him, and almost instantly there was Peace.

I might be missing the mark here a little. But my goal was to simply attempt to give an account of how I received help with this "real work" you where talking about.

Deleted Account and Raven King like this.