1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Starter Pack

A community dedicated to nutrition, fitness, and overall health on a reboot.

1. So you wanna get strong? Well, I am going to compile a list of things here that helped me find my footing and begin training properly. No crap, no false information, just pure evidence to help get people started. Feel free to update this thread as I know I will be posting in it from time to time as well! Just remember to please share meaningful beginner info!

Books:
    • Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
      • For the starting lifter, this book is a must. I have never heard a complaint from a beginner. That said, this book is specifically for beginners, it is not gospel and should not be taken as such.
    • Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding by the king, Arnold "The Terminator" S.
      • Alright, sure it's cliche, but this cliche is more than worth it. Not only for bodybuilders, this book is phenomenal! I have learned more from only one source (to be talked about later) and will always keep this book near and dear to my heart. From diet, to workouts, to posing and descriptions on how to target specific muscles, this book is well worth your time and money.
    Personalities:
    • Scooby
      • Scooby, known for his website and Youtube channel 'Scooby 1961', is a wealth of information. He also is proof that you can be healthy, strong, and wealthy all while being 'natural' ie- without steroids. Please, do not dismiss him over his fedora, larger than life physique, or sexuality as this man has some of the best diet and lifestyle advice I know.
    • BroScience
      • Any list would be amiss to not include a fun part of the fitness community. This Youtube channel will show you precisely how not to act in the gym and give you a great laugh every now and then.
    • Team Massive Joes
      • This may be a surprise since I am quite the patriotic American, but these Australian men have been the GREATEST source of information on supplements, health, fitness, and anything else going on in the industry. Give them a follow, and if you're in Australia, give them a try, these guys are apparently Aus's largest supplement provider after all.
    Programs:
    • Athlean-X
      • The only program I would reccomend, especially for beginners, is the Athlean-X program from Jeff Cavaliere. Whether you follow him on Youtube, purchase his program, or follow him on social media. Jeff is smart, active, and the most fit person I have ever seen. This isn't an ad so I will say no more, but give him a view or two.

That's it for now everyone. Hope this stuff helps!

2. Workforthatlife

Workforthatlife Fapstronaut

Great post! We need more detailed information like this!

3. Blueskyscraper

Blueskyscraper Fapstronaut

Thanks! This is very helpful for a beginner.