1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The string of consciousness that has reached my ears...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by eagle rising, Nov 4, 2020.

1. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

...with regards to self improvement (and put into my own words).

The foundation of self improvement need be stronger than the roots of a tree: if you are trying to improve yourself to i press others your roots are shallow, you will therefore be uprooted by a strong gust. Your foundation should never be dependent on others. Becoming a better you becoming a better (not for your mate, not for money, not for anything material).

You only compare yourself to who you were yesterday: when you get caught up in comparison to others you lose sight for your direction. I have lived a life of comparison, and it has not served me any way whatsoever, rather it has scarred me from head to toe.

Every action no matter how little is extremely important. Every decision adds to who you are as a person. Your brain becomes those actions. In this sense the biggest goal is to make the next decision one that leads to a better self. If are staring off into the future, wishing and hoping to be someone else, you are missing out on the chance to get there because you are paralyzed in fantasy.

I hope that at these words, not of my own, help you on your healing path.

L3t'sG0 likes this.