1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

There is HOPE

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Soren K.

Soren K. Fapstronaut

GUYS,

I woke up in the morning pretty early and had a bunch of thoughts that I want to share with you

There is something between me and God that hinders my relationship with him. That thing is called sin. My sin stifles my desire for him; it insufficiently satisfies any desire to want to know Christ more. In Luke 15, Jesus tells the parable of the Great Banquet. He invites us to have every longing, every need, every desire filled, but only if we are hungry for it. How can I expect to change or grow in my relationship with Jesus if I am not hungry for it? He longs for an intimate relationship with us. How could we not say yes to that, to have reciprocal intimacy where we know him and he knows us really knows us? The goodness of God both satisfies us and leaves us hungry for more. This is what his goodness does. If I am not truly sorry or sorrowful for our sin, how can I expect to give him all the glory, honour, and praise as he created me to be?

You ask: how can Jesus forgive me? There is nothing good about me that is worth loving. My question is this: how can Jesus not love you? When Jesus was crucified on the cross, he absolved all sin of past, present, and future. We only love others because it is He first loved us. It is this love that drives us to him.

When we give up our sin, we give up control and begin to trust that he will guide us through the process of being redeemed, of being restored, of being reclaimed by him. He takes everything and all who we are and redeems it to bring him glory. The best part is, though, I cannot do anything to remove my sin from myself except to ask for grace.When we begin to trust Jesus, we begin to experience the expanse of the riches of his grace and love and mercy. His love is boundless, like a never-ending waterfall. We only need just a taste. We are not defined by our sin, but defined by all of his promises, shaped by every word he says.

Peace and love, fam

Protagoras likes this.
  2. Protagoras

Protagoras Fapstronaut

Yep. Pmo can be a big obstacle in our fellowship with Christ. It is only with the Helpers power that we can overcome. Good Christ centered post and thinking.

Soren K. likes this.