1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thicker hair?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Anyone experience thicker hair after nofap & if so How was it, the change?

brassknucks and blacklabel92 like this.
  2. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I'm not sure my hair has gotten thicker, but it has... changed. By which I mean it doesn't style like it used to and I'm having to figure out a new way to make it look the way I want to and am used too. So maybe it is thicker. I do know that compared to my PMO days, I have much more hair on my legs especially (wifey has even noticed it), my beard grows faster and is softer (she really likes that). And based on what I'm pulling out of the shower drain each morning the amount of hair I'm losing is practically nil despite being on an aggressive exercise and diet program to maximize my testosterone. Given that I'm in my mid-50s and have balding in my family you better believe I'm happy to still have a full head of hair even if there is a little more forehead showing than there used to be. ;)

3. If you search for "nofap and hair" on google you'll find a lot of interesting articles and anecdotal evidence for hair growth (some even with quite convincing before and after photos). I wouldn't expect miracles, but there definitely seems to be a link between masturbation and an increased level of DHT, which is the hormone responsible for hair loss. So NoFap should at least in theory slow down the process of losing your hair. Regrowing bald spots or getting a thicker head of hair are pretty much case by case - as it is with any other "solutions" to hair loss on the market such as rogaine / minoxidil. Find out for yourself :)

Edit: But I'll tell you this: One thing I've definitely noticed on NoFap is that you suddenly become much less concerned or obsessed with signs of aging, such as hair loss, or any other kind of perceived "problem" really. Might be the boost in self confidence, I don't know. But suddenly many things that used to worry you appear in a different light.

Agent, Reborn16, mdnirvana and 2 others like this.
  4. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Interesting you mentioned DHT.

Supposedly the supplement saw palmetto has been known to decrease dht production.

I'm currently talking vitamin D and saw palmetto. It's been going on two weeks. Haven't noticed anything yet really but I've read good things

5. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Ehy man, i don't want to scare you but... i remember i read stories of guys who developed a "post-finasteride syndrome" after taking saw palmetto, on propeciahelp. I am a pfs sufferer and i would not mess with dht blocker anymore... in my opinion there are better ways to have hair back, such as the microneedling/dermaroller technique.

6. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

Nice to know... did you also read anecdotes or articles about growing back black hair?

7. SDJR

SDJR Fapstronaut

Life's tough because for every claim of + there is an equal claim of -
    Until you experiment you'll never know which way it will work for you. You might get burned or you might fix it. Tough call

8. Testify

Testify Fapstronaut

the problem is that the post-5ar inhibitors syndrome is not (or not easily) reversible. It's years i'm suffering. Only wanted to warn you. Hugs.

9. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

My hair has got thicker. Not sure about getting thicker

bradmax likes this.