1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Things people consider weird

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 19, 2020.

1. i am a very quirky dude so all my life I have had people say you are the weirdest person I have ever met, which I strive to be my own person so I take it as a compliment, but I don’t quite understand some things that people consider odd, can you guys help me out?. So one thing people consider weird is how healthy I eat, i will whip out a container of spinach and just shove handfuls in my mouth, it’s easier to get more down that way, or I will have carrots in my pockets and people are like ew why do you eat that stuff?, since when has health become weird?. Another instance is I was at Olive Garden and the lady brought some salad, no one else was eating it so I just grabbed the big bowl and ate from it, the waiter looked at me like I was crazy and my mom was just laughing because she knows how different I am, I don’t see an issue with that honestly like why scoop out salad constantly when I can just have a huge bowl to eat from?. Another thing is I usually have mismatched socks on, I just grab two from the pile and put them on I don’t think much about it our how I put them on, people act like this is the weirdest thing ever, I see that in my home town at school this is a trend now and what is fashionable I guess for the time being, but I have always done it without thought, why is that considered weird?, So yah things like that people act like is so weird, what is your opinions, is it because I am not bound by social norms and do what I want?, of perhaps I am not bound by in the box thinking?.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020
  2. dogeatdog

dogeatdog Fapstronaut

Hey man, everyone does at least one thing 'considered' weird by others but I just think yours are more noticable than others. One thing I do that my friends have told me is weird is the fact that I over-clean my ears. Like everday I would clean them before and after meeting up with them and preach about how satisfying it is to clean your ears. Not gonna lie I chuckled when I read that you just whip out carrots from your pocket - I don't really consider it weird it just caught me by surprise. About the Olive Garden salad bowl, I think that's just related to etiquette. Maybe ask if anybody wanted the salad before taking the whole thing for yourself 'cause you never know if someone wanted some even though nobody was having it at the time.

WesternWolf and BravelyKegger like this.
  3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Wait so you live in a ship, and you eat spinach.

You're Popeye.

4. Fuck that shit man. People are boring and conformist. I often get the same kind of reactions as you, but maybe milder as I do milder "weird things". For instance, when I was living in the student halls, people were shocked and amused because I was drinking the water straight from the tap with my hands instead of drinking from a glass. But I was like "why would I waste time taking a clean glass, filling it with water, drink the water, wash the glass, dry it and put it back on the shelf?" That's just dumb to me, but these guys didn't share my point of view obviously.

5. Kligor

Kligor Fapstronaut

Everyone is little weird,because everyone is different.In real life i got much comments that i m weird,but i don't pay attention on that because that is normal for me.

6. I often drink water that way! Just makes sense... old school.

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  7. I stopped wiping my mouth after every bite full and let food sit there on the edge of my lips and face until I am done fuck it I am not going to rub my face raw just to be polite .

BravelyKegger likes this.
  8. Haha that is awesome!, and you are right it matters not what people think.

9. I am so lazy when it comes to my ears, and I did ask if anyone was eating any, definitely would not do it otherwise.

dogeatdog likes this.
  10. ahighertruth

ahighertruth Fapstronaut

It’s not whether it’s weird or not that matters. It’s about being polite. Eating from the main dish is definitely not polite. The other weird things you do don’t matter I guess.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. Well is it impolite if everyone said they did not want any?.

12. Lol I like your weird quirks. I think you sound like someone who values practicality over doing what society seems appropriate. Reminds me a lot of my husband. He's the same way. He doesn't understand why people do things a certain way, when it's less practical, just because everyone else does it that way.

I have some weird things like this. Mostly the way I eat things.

Like with Reese's peanut butter cups, I eat all the chocolate around the outside, and then I eat the little peanut butter patty after. Same with kit kats. I eat the outer edge of the chocolate, and then I eat the wafer part.

I also don't like the little fatty bits of bacon, so I pick them off and only eat the meat parts. My plates of food often look like a massacre just occurred after I'm done, with all the little bits of stuff I didn't want.

In high school, I was pretty known for never wearing shoes. Or to be more specific, I always wore flip flops, rain or shine, and I often just took them off completely when I was indoors. I just didn't really like shoes. It was more comfortable for me to not wear them.

I don't think it's impolite. I guess maybe at a nice restaurant it might be seen that way, but there's really no reason why. Why dirty up another plate when you can just eat it out of the bowl? It makes sense to me.

13. Lol my husband does something similar. He never, ever uses a napkin, unless we're eating out. If we're at home, or st someone else's house, he will just eat his whole meal pretty fast, make however much of a mess he needs to get the job done, and then go wash his hands afterward.

He also doesn't drink anything during eating, really, since his hands are covered in food. He drinks afterward. Usually a small cup of cranberry juice, every night with dinner.

Eek, this made me cringe to read! I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but you are NOT supposed to clean your ears that much! It's super bad for them. You're actually not ever supposed to put things in your ears, like Q-tips. I still do it on occasion, but it's not good for them at all. Your ears are supposed to have wax in them, for their own protection, and they are able to take care of themselves, hygenically. Of course you should wash the outside of them in the shower and such, but you aren't supposed to clean them out with Q-tips, if that's what you're talking about.

14. I will take both Reese’s and set them on top of each other and smush it, than I eat the edges and than the middle so very similar to you. I never have been a big shoe person either, back home I wore socks 24/7 however, I hate dirty feet and how scratchy they feel when dirty.

15. Paul69

Paul69 Fapstronaut