1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Things we can work on to be a better person.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by BeachDude1992, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Lately I've been working on my self while doing this NoFap commitment. I've felt so many improvements ever since. This thing is real and I will keep going at it, no matter what! Here are some things you can do to improve yourself to becoming a man/mature (or at least I think it is) lol. Here's what I've been working on ever since I've started NoFap:

Spiritual:
    Meditation
    Prayer (Christian or non-christian, it doesn't matter...I'm not gonna get in to a religious argument/discussion)
    Appreciation of Nature

Physical:
    Hitting the Heavy Bag (Boxing or Martial Arts)
    Lifting Weights
    Cardio Exercises
    Getting Enough Sleep
    PE exercises or controlling your prostate (for sexual purposes lol, to be able to last longer in bed and maybe even prevent prostate cancer).
    Get some sunlight when exercising! It will help you sleep at night.
    Taking cold showers
    Waking up 5 in the morning to exercise, and still energized throughout the day
    For me, I want to lose fat, so I take some Green Coffee Bean Extract and it has really helped me lose weight....I lost 25 lbs total! I swear to it....women look at me or notice me...even smile or say Hi to me

Emotional and Mental:
    Learning to control emotions
    learning to embrace emotions
    being in touch with emotions
    Self Esteem books: For Example: The Gifts of Imperfection
    Emotional Intelligence books and Neuro Linguistic Programming
    Learning to control anxiety
    Concentration and Focus on Academic stuff

Social:
    Less Anxiety towards women (not constantly thinking about sex while talking to them)
    Ability to talk to women (I think it's important to be assertive and not nice all the time)
    Being more social and outgoing
    Ability to flirt and laugh together as of the opposite sex
    Ability to spot emotions
    I am now able to get along with my family (sisters, mom, dad)

Its been 50+ days total (I counted all my days since I started this) and 7 days since my last relapse. I now have the power to tackle temptation to fap, when I see a pretty woman in social situations, I am able to resist to not look at her tits and look at her eyes while talking to her (but I still sneak a peek when she's not looking), although, this goes to my mind subconsciously and I daydream about her/or that woman and still fantasize the things I would do her...but I am able to resist putting my hand in my pants and start fapping (because I know if I do that, I will just feel shame and disappointment after, which is not worth it, and I also think women should be respected as human beings and not just sexual objects), it really helps me to Pray or meditate when I get tempted and I am able to resist fapping.

Also, it helps to make a calendar or schedule of productive things to do during the day, it will help you... to stay off the TV or cellphone during the night, this kind of behavior can put you back on relapse! Stay away from rated R movies for a while (unless you can control your urges, being able to control urges is a skill you need to develop)

Here are some books I would recommend reading for self-improvement: These books really helped me progress faster on the NoFap commitment. You will learn more about yourself (self assessment) and learn about other people too!

1) The Definitive Book of Body Language
    2) How to win friends and influence people
    3) Conversation guide for men
    4) The Big Book of NLP (neuro linguistic programming)
    5) 7 Steps of Self-Confidence
    6) The 48 Laws of Power
    7) The Art of Seduction (do not fantasize while you read this book LOL)
    8) The Gifts of Imperfection
    9) Emotional Intelligence works
    10) The Willpower instinct (This book really helps you control your urges!)
    11) Working with emotional intelligence
    12) Soul without Shame
    13) Mastery by Robert Greene
    14) Face Reading How to know Anyone at a Glance (although this book makes you judge somebody, it's important to be assertive with your knowledge)
    15) How to win Every Argument
    16) Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus (This book is really good!! Highly recommended)
    17) Paul Ekman-Emotions in the face
    18) Debra Fine The find art of small talk (social skills set)
    19) The Undefeated Mind
    20) The Manual What women want and how to give it to them (Superb book!)
    21) The Body Language Rules
    22) The Art of Manliness (My top 1 book!)
    23) No More Mr. Nice Guy (Really good book!)
    24) Carlos Xuma- How to approach and flirt with women
    25) How to pass exams

TV shows that helped me gain confidence and knowledge about people:
    1) Lie to me
    2) 50 First Dates (if you're wanting to fall in love and how to impress a girl/make her fall in love with you) I cried while watching this movie.....for the first time in 10 years, I think I know what love is supposed to be like!!!.....this taught me how to love women and be in touch with my emotions. It also taught me that we MEN are emotional creatures....that saying: Boys Don't Cry...It's all BS in my opinion. Men are very emotional, even more emotional than Women. Even if you disagree, you will find yourself emotional when you learn from this NoFap experience.
    3) Spartacus (this taught me how WE as men are supposed to be like, our roles as men....but watch out for this show because there's many sex scenes in there!! although, I am now able to resist fapping to it! haha )
    4) Bear Gryllis (survival)
    5) Never Back Down ( motivational )

There is still more to learn and skills to develop. It is important to know what we want in life and then stick to it. Be productive, stay off the bed, stay off the couch, stay off the videogames and throw them away or sell it, go out there and be social (even though you have anxiety, you will improve!, I promise), commit yourself into this journey.

Your thoughts are welcome! :) May we have a happy journey in this so called: LIFE

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  2. Thanks for the recommendations. Definetly gonna check most of them out.

BeachDude1992 and JoePineapples like this.
  3. Islanders190

Islanders190 Fapstronaut

I loved your post, all other books from Berne brown are great to. Look up David wygant. Look up Marni from the wing girl method .com lovebility is also a great book. The only thing I'm not a big fan of xuma he's always talking about being a masculine man and being alpha.he said once to pick a fight with someone so you can learn how to fight.soem stuff he says are okay. It I'm not a big fan of him.

BeachDude1992 likes this.
  4. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

As ssomeone who has a hard time raising his voice when arguing with people I can see where xuma is coming from

5. Sign of the Times

Sign of the Times Fapstronaut

Thanks for that contribution I am heading up to my library two of the books on your list are available.

6. Fangthanefool

Fangthanefool Fapstronaut

Great Post! I´m really taken with the book recommendations, really nice overview dude.

7. Thanks for the comments.!

8. You are welcome!

9. I can see where this is coming from. Being Alpha Male is not always the best approach, but having some Alpha qualities like standing up straight or keeping your back straight are some good things. But Carlos Xuma is too prideful of his work....some have good points, some have bad points.

10. You are welcome

11. I will definitely check those out.

12. I did subscribe already eventho u didn't subscribe back lol

13. oh, I don't know how to work this thing yet.lol I think I just subscribed...I pressed on your profile and pressed follow. I think that's what you meant by subscribe....if I'm right or wrong. tsk...technology...

14. nuskavise

nuskavise Fapstronaut

Whoa, this seems like some really interesting stuff!
    I am kind of in the same phase atm an this is spot on. Will deff check out, thanks!