1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Think I'm gonna take a break today.

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Mountaingoat123, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Mountaingoat123

Mountaingoat123 Fapstronaut

Hey. I've been doing NoFap and also working out 6 times a week.

I do strenght training 3 times a week and running 3 times.

Something like starting monday with: Full body workout - Intervall running - Full body - Easy run . Full body and then some tempo/intervall again on satrunday and sunday completely off.

So after Strength friday and running saturnday I get 3 days of rest for both running and strenght once a week.

But today I really feel like my body needs a break, I think maybe it's a bit too much for someone that have mostly just been running before.

However, if I take one day break now, only thing that concerns me is skipping planned workouts, as this might result in me skipping more and suddenly it's been a week, I've seen this behavior in myself before. However I messed up last sunday and did a full 30 minute only abs routine when I should have rested, maybe that's to blame.

Any tips?

EDIT:
    I've actually just decided that I'll go for a walk today instead of a run, not taking it away completely, just taking down the effort, thus minimazing the effect that I'm skipping :)

2. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

I too have a history of slllliiiiiiiiding, slowly but surely, it all starts with a perfectly reasonable rationale and... ENDS IN DESPONDENT CHAOS!!!!#(%@#&$!.... Listen to your body for sure, but if you have a habit of letting yourself slide and snowball away from your discipline, then I say listen to your mind and make your body adjust to what your mind needs from it. (Mike Tyson said something like that once when talking about having to eat on fight day and feeling sick with nerves- he said the body is a vehicle for the mind, so he makes the body do what the mind needs)

I've been getting after it lately, running at least one half marathon a week, at once I mean usually on a weekend day, and getting pretty torn up legs and feet because of it and the way I'm handling the whole need for rest thing is I'm allowing a rest day only if I do over an hour of a yoga session, and fucking yoga is harder physically and mentally to me than hard lifts and runs are lol so it usually determines whether I actually need a rest day for my body or if I'm just being a wiener.