1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about picking up on a martial arts style.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lostbutfound, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

I've boxed for three years and i'm quite an expert on boxing (i was also writing articles on usa boxe for an italian site years ago).

Well, boxing is surely good on a street fight, but it also depend on the boxer, and his category, if you're a fit heavyweight it's obviously easier. It also depends on your natural punching power, there was a guy at my gym who knocked on the floor 3 albanian guys who fuck with him on the streets, but guy guy had natural punching power. Also a guy from my gym once knocked down with one right hand a very big security guy at a night club, he was 80 kg but he also get 3rd at the italian amateur championship.

So it depends even on you and your natural power, but that also depends on how many years you trained etc.

u376 likes this.
  2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Ya....I think Mike Tyson is quite natural fighter
    He is my favorite......I also like his interviews.....he is a very intelligent person too

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. ApprenticeInWar

ApprenticeInWar Fapstronaut

I did kung-fu for almost an year. To be honest, I was kind of disappointed. The movements were beautiful and precise, sure. But in a street fight I'm pretty sure they wouldn't help me. If you really want to do something that can applied to self defense, avoid wushu.
    Go for more self-defense-focused martial arts, like Krav Magav, Jiu-jitsu, and Taekwondo (maybe).

4. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

Sorry to bother, but every kind of martial arts where you don't spar, it's absolutely unuseful and uneffective.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  5. Reminder to all users to stay on topic. The conversation regarding firearms/gun control has been deleted.

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Stay away from those McDojo's or places that offer yoga as well in their program. And yes, sparring is a must if you want serious training.