1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Third date preparation

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Run_Like_Joseph_Did, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

hey guys great news. I am working on planning a THIRD date with a drop dead gorgeous girl.
    I am struggling with what I should plan. I was always told that a man should have time, place, and activity planned out for the lady and I’ve got none of those things. I need help( ladies if your out their I need your advice the most). The first two dates were fairly small scale; breakfast after church and coffe at Starbucks. Should I stick with something small or go bigger?

Btw in no way, shape or form do I plan on getting physical(I’ve never even held hands with a girl).

2. Just take it easy. Choose some place you both like and don't worry. Or just take a walk in the city and you will find something interesting on the way. It's not important where are you going as far as you act natural and not overthing. Really.

3. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

I’ve just felt the NEED to overthink it ya know? She keeps telling me things like “don’t be nervous” and all this stuff that I can’t possibly do. I am nervous cause I got a hot date with no ideas. I just feel as though I should have something planned out.

4. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Alright, so this weekend won’t work cause she’s got family in town, but she said that seeing a movie next weekend would be fun. I have to still pick the movie. I’m incredibly worried that I don’t got this.

5. Come on, it's not a big deal.. :)
    Just don't choose some really deep drama, that may not be the best choice for early date.

6. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Big news!after church I asked her if she’d like to have date at the movies this Friday and she said yes. She also asked if we could make it a double date and I said yes. I could use some help; what is the etiquette for double dates? For that matter, what’s the etiquette and expectation for a third date?

7. MasturbatieAtelier

MasturbatieAtelier Fapstronaut

To answer your questions:
    - yes go bigger
    - It's good to have a plan, but if she protests be cool about it and go with it (this doesn't happen that often if you have a half-decent plan).
    - Going to a movie is not ideal, can't really talk, joke or flirt during a movie.
    - Double date on a third date....I don't know, this is not going to improve your chances. It could be a bit embarrasing for both of you to 'take new steps' while there are witnesses nearby. (holding hands or kissing or whatever it is you are going for).

I'm not sure if you see how grave your situation is. Third date is almost always where it happens.

My preparations for a third date usually involve:
    - cleaning the house, including bedroom
    - have a fuzzy blanket on the couch (I don't know why but all girls go ape-shit over this xD)
    - putting new sheets and making the bed
    - making sure there is a spare (new) toothbrush
    - making sure there are enough massage oil, lubricant and condoms near the bed
    - have wine and beer in the fridge, also some stuff to make a nice breakfast
    - shaving your balls
    - (if you anticipate on going home with her, make sure there are 2 or 3 condoms in your coat/jacket, as always)

What to do on the date? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but it can help to set some kind of mood. My favorite for a third date is a walk on the beach (could also be the local mountain, park or lake).
    And what if it's cold and stormy weather you ask? No problem, challenge her to conquer the storm, invite her for a hot choco at your place after the walk (cudle up under a blanket on the couch).
    If it's hot weather you can do the same with some kind of icecream or fancy cocktail.

Oke, maybe this is a bit to much for you, but you should definitly make it your goal to hold her hand. You can just grab it during the walk, but also during the movie. Just make sure you make eye contact during the first few seconds and smile a bit.

8. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Alright let me be clear about one thing. In no way shape or form do I intend on getting “physical” in that way (IM 18 AND SHE IS 17!). Sex is something sacred and meant for marriage. That’s off the table. As far as I’m concerned I’d consider myself the luckiest man on earth if I got a kiss on the cheek.

As far as the other advice, I appreciate the input. As far as holding her hand, I don’t know how or if I should approach that. How do you read whether or not she wants that? Should I ask her? Should I just go in? Should I ease into it?
    Ya see I’ve been scared to death every step of the way with this girl. What do you mean my situation is grave?

brilliantidiot and Christian Fox like this.
  9. MasturbatieAtelier

18 and 17 would be a prefect age to have sex, but it's your decision. So even if sex is niet your goal right now. Getting physical is still crucial. This Will make it clear to her that you are interested in her romantically (and sexually) instead of Just in a friendly way. To put it boldly, if you don't touch her, it will be almost impossible to not end up in the friendzone. Having atleast some sexual tension wil make it exciting to be with eachother. Holding hands, touching her back of shoulders OR any other kind of friendly touching is what you start with, and should be fine on a third date. Legs, hips and Hair are more intimite, maybe do that later haha.

About reading her: I can't help you with that. "Reading" girls is impossible haha. You'll have to take a chance. But that's the fun of dating. You allready know she is atleast mildly interested in you, otherwise she wouldn't have agreed to the date. Girls love a guy who is bold and takes chances (don't be rude though). Just time it right you know, don't make a big thing out of it. Continue walking or continue watching the movie when you take her hand. Squeeze her hand softly for a second or two, if she squeezes back, you're golden. That would be enough encouragement for me to kiss her.

If she rejects holding hands (this has never happened to me and definitly not on a third date), it is likely she is not interested. In your case, being young and religious, she could also be shy and embarrased, so don't jump to conclusions.

One Note about Church girls: I've been with a handfull of these "goodgirls", even one of them was a Jehova's Witness, with the strict rules and everything. All of them had sex, and some were only a little older than your girl. Just keep in mind she might not share your believes, and that is fine.

10. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

So you’re saying that there is no way of knowing whether or not she wants to have contact? That’s discouraging. Ya see I’ve never gotten past my fear of rejection. I wasn’t even the one who made the first move (she asked me for my number). I’m worried I’ll go too fast and get shut down. I really want to build a relationship with this girl and am scared that I’ll screw it up.

mirx88 likes this.
  11. MasturbatieAtelier

Ofcourse girls will give you signs of interest. Does she laugh at your Jokes (maybe even the bad Jokes)? Does she touch your arm or shoulder in a friendly way? Does she walk close to you so that your shoulders touch? Does she seem nervous when she's around you? Does she seem embarrased when she makes a mistake or says something silly? Do you just greet verbally when meeting or hug or kiss on the cheek (this can be tricky due to cultural differences)? And the most important one: does she hold eye contact with you, for longer periods of time than you normally would? Does she arrange for you to exchange phone nummers? Oh wait....she allready did that....

Trust me, i know this fear that you speak of. But you got to understand: right now you've got nothing. Just the phonenumber of a girl that's willing to spend time with you. Make it count. She allready took the initiative (I love this in girls), now it's time to return the favor. Stop PMO, be the man you're supposed to be, go out with this girl, be true to your feelings and grab her hand! Good luck.

12. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

I’ll try it. I’m nervous as hell but I’ll try it

13. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Alright guys, tomorrow is the day, and it’s no longer a double date. The others had to cancel at the last minute. So it’s gonna be just us... together... in a dark theater...for 2 hours... with a very beautiful girl next to me. I am very nervous. I’ll pray I don’t pass out when I see her

mirx88 likes this.
  14. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

How did it go

15. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Well I just got back. If the goal was to have physical contact... mission failed. I don’t think the date failed though. I asked her after everything was done if she would ever want to go out with me again and she said yes. One thing I noticed for sure is that when I tried to talk to her she would sound invested and participate in the conversation, but she would hardly make eye contact. She would stare out into the distance or just away from me. I’m starting to get the feeling that maybe I’m doing this dating thing incorrectly. I could use some advice.

16. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Don't worry about that, that could just be her personality. There is not a "correct" or "incorrect" way of dating - apart from some cultural norms, which you follow without even being aware of it -, everyone is different. Just relax and be patient.

17. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

I’m hard on myself now for what I feel is a good reason. Even my own parents thought I was foolish for not trying to even hold hands. There isn’t anyone to blame but my own cowardice. I’m angry that maybe I made her feel bad that I’m distant I had my hands in my pocket and she found it hard to even look at me. I can’t think of a better way to express my feelings other than plan anger at my own inability to do anything about these feelings that I have for this gorgeous women who has no obligation to say yes to any of my date ideas.

18. Burrich1

Burrich1 Fapstronaut

Dude, you are having anxiety and beating yourself up over absolutely nothing. Stop worrying about this. She likes you. She said she will go out with you again. She absolutely doesn’t think poorly of you for not touching her. I promise. Stop over analyzing this whole thing and just go have a good time with her. Dating isn’t some kind of magical formula. Just go have a good time and find things in common. When your ready to hold her hand, you will and it will feel normal.

19. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Talked to her at church today. She said she’d be interested in going to more dates. Probably not this month though. I’m not sure why though. I can’t help but think I’m screwing this up.