This forum is filled with scam ads and stupid links

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by iRebootMyself, Apr 2, 2018.

1. iRebootMyself

iRebootMyself Fapstronaut

I don't know what happend to this forum, is there any bot that creates these stupid scam threads ?
    It's goddamn annoying, ads to blue pills shit, links to clash of clans gems shit, i don't know why every time the mods delete these threads they create some more.
    Just stay away from my favourite forum

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

It happens to all forums.

iRebootMyself and Little Bo Peep like this.
  3. Theyre pretty easy to spot and mods are pretty quick to clean up. But its just a symptom of being the internet and a simpls to access forum. It helps with being anonymous but easier for the bots

iRebootMyself likes this.
  4. I'm not sure how much it helps, but I report them as soon as I spot them.

5. Little Bo Peep

Little Bo Peep Fapstronaut

All forums have this problem and some have different systems in place to deal with it. Bots put that spam on any and all public forums they're able to so they can boots their product/website ranking on Google.

Helps them tons mate, all I say in the report message is that there's lots of spam and they get deleted pretty quick most of the time.

6. iRebootMyself

iRebootMyself Fapstronaut

I think they need to add Google's reCaptcha API to the comments section and the creating new thread page.

7. Sunshadow

Sunshadow Distinguished Fapstronaut

@iRebootMyself - Moderators and Assistant Moderators do their best to clean up spam threads as soon as we see them or they are brought to our attention. Unfortunately, spam is just part of being on the internet; we can't eliminate it entirely. We do have filters in place that block many of the more blatant posts.

@Questionite - Reporting does help us be aware of the spam threads and it helps keep the filters up to date and effective.

Regards,

- Sunshadow

Survivalist likes this.
  8. That's good. More than happy to do my bit when I can.