1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This is why NoFap helped me and this is why I quitted it voluntarily.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MinaClavero, Mar 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MinaClavero

MinaClavero Fapstronaut

Hello Fapstronauts.
    Well, first of all, I may begin by saying a huge thank you to everyone for joining such a helpful site. I felt like I belonged here. So thank you.
    My name on this site is Mina Clavero, I'm 17 years old and I am a woman.
    On December 18th 2016 I decided it was enough and I started my first reboot ever. My life was a mess. I used to M or to edge for hours a day, from 3 to 15 times. I didn't really care about myself. I mistreated me and didn't wanted to admit it. I didn't know where my life was actually going.
    I knew I had an addiction.
    Getting involved in abstinence for the first time in my life wasn't just a new experience to me but it honestly changed my life in ways I'm going to talk about below.
    My rebooting process lasted 82 days, without counting yesterday, on March 10th 2017, where I also though it was enough and I voluntarily decided to stop it, because it was no longer doing me any good.

I know there is people on this site who isn't going to support this. I understand. You have your right to. But all I can say is that I also have my right to express and tell others how this experience affected me. The good, the bad: the truth.

This is how NoFap changed my life for good
    1. I learned to stop throwing problems behind my back. I learned that covering your problems is a horrible habit, with disregard if you cover them with MO or with drugs or with sex addiction or whatever. I could see, too, that I was stronger than I thought I was. And although I had a lot of courage, I needed and wanted to get some more so I could face everything that came into my life.
    2. I started to know myself more deeply, more consciously and what is more important: with love. Without judging.
    3. I realized the BIG problem my addiction was covering: my need for love. I felt unloved by everyone and I also missed my father, who had passed away in 2009. I acknowledged all those feelings and I even went to the cemetery to visit him. Now, I've learned that I need to give myself all the love I crave, but that I also need to open myself more to new love relationships, without being afraid of not being loved or of being judged.
    4. I've had huge epiphanies throughout the rebooting. About myself, about my life, about everyone and everything.
    5. I went back to my old hobbies, such as yoga, painting and dancing.
    I also have a much better lifestyle:
    • I have now fruit for breakfast EVERY MORNING.
    • I eat more vegetables and am more conscious about healthy eating.
    • When I was on holidays I went running two times a week, now I go running one time a week.
    • I do yoga.
    • I still take cold showers from time to time. They remind me that I am a very courageous person, but I still need to do an effort.
    And this is why I voluntarily decided to drop it.
    As I've already learned all the lessons from this (specially that sexuality is much more than just a way to pass the time), lately my reboot was doing me more bad than good. I had turned lately into a bad voice who stated me that I shall not enjoy of life, I shall not feel pleasure. For me, sexual pleasure has always been very important and I had always liked it a lot. So, something inside me told me that if I felt the little pleasures of life I would get into my addiction again, and that hasn't got any logic and that is not true.
    I ended the reboot because I wanted to. Honestly I think this ended when it should have ended.
    I know I ended my rebooting because I felt this had to end, not because of an urge or anything of that. I've been resisting urges very well. I really enjoyed my reboot and I'm still having the amazing life it has given me but I'm glad it's over.
    (by the way... as I decided to end it yesterday, I can tell you it was the best experience ever. It was like having a very first time with myself.... Because I never experienced real sexual pleasure, all I experienced was just something to cope with my problems).

A big hug to all of you!

Kedge>, Big_Boss and sn2ke92 like this.
  2. you remind me myself. I wrote very similar post to this and had very similar experience with ending NoFap after 120 days. And here I am again doing almost 50 days. anyway if you would like to read my story aobut how it ended, and how i felt please do that. Also I guess if I could've given myself advice wether to continue on noFap or quit it I would tell myself do what I think is right at that time. Basically I wouldn't have changed anything, but on the other hand I am very curious of how my life would be different now after being on noFap for I guess close to a year.

This is my post about quiting noFap after 120days.
    https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/masturbated-after-4-months-and-i-felt-so-happy.67626/