1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This makes me really angry: Sick, Toxic People becoming Mainstream Worldwide

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Hey all,

Has anybody noticed how as the years go by people are gradually losing their empathy and human feelings for other people? Before when a guy or girl would fall down they’d help them up etc, now they just laugh. At a train station one day a woman ran and knocked a guy down the stairs, deliberately for shits and giggles, and the guy was mad at her, and that woman his reaction against him, making him look crazy for reaction to her behaviour and the whole time she was smirking and laughing at him. If you have a look at this topic section I made a thread about a science fiction topic, then I get accused of being on drugs. Lol. Now I remember why I turned from Christianity in the first place and turned to the dark side, people are assholes today. Is there any good left in the world? Is it worth being a good person? Or is being a good person seen as a weakness? Is empathy seen as a weakness too? The only way to quit PMO is to become a good person but it looks like to survive in this toxic world we have to become toxic too, so we’ll be PMO slaves forever? I became a Christian again yesterday, but what’s the point?

2. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

The world is broken. If you became a Christian, then you know that this world isn't your home. You can't expect a broken world to get any better, people will continue to get worse and worse as time goes on. You can't base your standards on what others do or what the world says is right. You base your standards and who you want to be on what God says you are in his scripture.

You're right, people really suck sometimes, but that doesn't mean you have to join them. Having empathy and understanding and love for others is a great quality. I would encourage you to pray about what you just posted here and see what God thinks about it.

3. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

hello @BaldEagle
    i am a christian too, but not because people are this or that, but because its the truth, and i dont care if the whole world turns evil, i am christian, this is who i am, and if i have to die for my faith, then be it. you speak of surviving in this toxic world, as if thats the most important thing. what is this life? but a mere coming and going of clouds, in seventy, eighty years we'll all be dead anyway; but what comes after is eternity. this is our belief, and this is what you must also belief; and what we do in this short life determines how our eternity will look like. toxic people dont believe that; they have just this world, they are doomed, dont you pity them? they might be kings and rich in this life, but soon its all gone. thats a fact. i agree people are getting greedier by the day, and its all a result of removing christ from their lives. smartphones are huge factor, in my opinion, in disconnecting people from reality. instead of having a chat with strangers at the bus stop or wherever, people take out their phones and gloom. i too sometimes get frustrated, as you do, but what gives me great comfort is my faith. deus magnus semper. as apostle writes; we live in this world, but are not of it.
    we can pray, and we can always take action. instead of bringing more darkness into this world, we can bring light. instead of replying to hate with hate, we can reply not and endure. this is what jesus meant with turning another cheek. the amount of hate in the world can only be reduced in this way: by suffering whats been thrown your away.
    take care. love conqueres all.

intso, skybrowser, Roady and 2 others like this.
  4. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

Everyone has to ponder this on their own. Personally I came to the conclusion that one must do good for the sake of doing good without expectations for rewards or even basic level of respect and gratitude.

5. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Hey, that was me, sorry mate, I should have added some laugh or something to it, it was in a bantering way, meaning no offense or trying to be harsh at all, that's why I gave you my opinion about the idea right after, I do like to hypothesize about real weird scenarios myself. My most honest apology if it came across the wrong way.

Now, in regard to the topic of this thread, there will always be light and darkness in this world, and inside yourself, you choose wich side to feed within you, and wich side you align to in life.
    There is no good people and bad people, as we all have the capacity to do good and to do evil, we are both, and the battle lies within, and the good and evil battle everyday within all of us.

SoaringEagle and Roady like this.
  6. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I can't imagine that sort of thing happening where I live. People tend to apologise if they accidentally knock into people on the street, I just don't think people even consider behaving this way where I'm from.

7. Empathy is seen as weakness by a lot of people (I think I remember seeing @SickSicko equating the two a couple of times), when in reality it's not.

That's up to you. If you think Christians are more likely to be good people, you might as well be sticking your thumb up your ass, or however the saying goes.

8. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Why you hate soo much christians?

All people who is good person no matter if it is atheist, muslim, hindu etc.... are actually christians even if they consider themselfs of other religion or irreligious

9. how does that work?

determinedtoquit likes this.
  10. Queek The HeadTakker

Queek The HeadTakker Fapstronaut

Simple people who are good , (altough we all are sinners) please God nomatter their faith

11. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I certainly used to, I used to think that emotions and empathy among them was a sign of weakness, Thankfully for me and those around me that changed long ago, although I can understand who thinks like that because I used to think that way.

12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm not sure if people are actually less empathetic than in the past or if modern technological advances allows people who would always be assholes to shine a spotlight on themselves. In general I think modern social media is corrosive to mental health and affects us all much more than we think it does. Think about it, as recently as 25 years ago you would barely be aware of things happening outside your immediate bubble unless you were extremely well informed or a very early internet adopter. 25 years before that you would only hear about happenings outside your own country via television, radio, or newspapers, all of which were relatively slow and inefficient. Nowadays though you can experience a constant stream of negative content that ultimately has no effect on you practically but can corrode your mental wellbeing. In the past most people wouldn't even be aware of half the things that bother them so much now.

13. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

how about seeking the point in Christ&His Words.. not in Christianity as a religion,

14. ThePeakWae

ThePeakWae Fapstronaut

Perhaps you (and a lot of other people) are too dependant on christianity and tradition itself to be good?

I´ve been thinking about this due to what you said just now and it´s not even limited to "good" allignments, Lawfulness in of itself is established by rules, regulations in society, in humanity´s history (as someone who studies it) I can tell you, we humans were born as "Chaotic" as they come during our primitive years, then eventually we had to establish rules because living like "chaotic thugs" turns out to be counterproductive to our survival and group unity so we devellopped laws to keep us united.

Eventually it became norm to be "good", due to this exact lawfulness established, this is often why if the system in which the protagonist of a series operates in is good, the protag will usually be a lawful good protag (in the reverse case it can be a Neutral good or Neutral evil one).

The problem that arose is that with social media and the internet, people are now multiple times more aware of the "evil" side of humanity in fact plenty of people even demand it from series productions to be a norm look at DC´s promotion of Harley Quinn, or the revival of Darth Vader material, or the Box Office success of "Joker", there was a initial lie about acting "good" and being nice being the keys to move you forward in life, they arent, even series that promote this nowadays (like Miraculous Ladybug) are starting to get bashed, case people are now smarter to this.

On top of that, Western societies new generations are now having a crisis of meaning and require solutions for it.

15. [​IMG]

16. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

I believe a part of the problem is that empathy is not taught in schools. Rule and law are taught in schools. Crime and punishment (this is where the most important trait of survival in an increasingly technological world is learned, lying).

Why must one be empathetic? This question is not reviewed and observed in school. In an increasingly technological world, there is no real reason in terms of being "successful", monetarily speaking, for being empathetic. What gets you to your money is your obedience and lying, that's it. Because in this world the machine or GDP is most important.

This is then, where getting right with God comes into place, and why people continue to fall for religion. We feel something is wrong and that is our spiritual self, our deeper self. This spiritual awareness is not taught in schools. Religion has become a gateway to feeling better, but it is also a gateway to continue bad habits for many bad people, because of the idea of forgiveness. Religion doesn't make you a better person, you are already there. It is a part of you. We are trained otherwise to fuel the techno machine.

SoaringEagle and ThePeakWae like this.
  17. It’s the internet man. Anyone can post anything on here. It’s a goldmine for bad actors. This is why I don’t bother with social media. I do use this site for addiction recovery however. The only social media/digital video platform I use is YouTube. The restricted content mode has the comments disabled, so I don’t read someone’s nonsense.

18. Little Prince

Little Prince Fapstronaut

I think nearly everyone is addicted to something which makes them more or less out of touch with their emotions.

19. If you have to ask, you're not a Christian.

20. PowerOverMind

PowerOverMind Fapstronaut

This world celebrates the wicked.

determinedtoquit likes this.