1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Those of you that can exercise...don't take it for granted!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by StraightEdge3616, Jul 1, 2018.

1. So I've always lifted weights and been a runner. Unfortunately, about 8 weeks ago I was doing deadlifts with some dumbbells (a weight lifting move) when suddenly I felt a sharp knife like pain in my middle lower back. I could barely bend over after that.

Fast forward and it's been 8 weeks. Although the pain has gotten better, it still flares up from time to time. Just to be careful, I haven't done any weight lifting or running during this time period and it's eating me alive. Besides just walking, I have no other way to release my endorphins so just wanted to vent and say to those of you that can...do not take exercising for granted. Every time I get an injury it always reminds me of this. But this one is more frustrating as ever because I can't seem to heal. I've been doing PT stretches/exercises at home every day for my hip and lower back...I'll go for days without pain but then yesterday I decided to walk 4 miles with my wife and it flared up out of no where. I haven't been to a doctor because I thought doing stretches and giving it time on my home would heal it but it might be coming time for that soon.

Don't take exercising for granted!

2. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

That's terrible man. Hope you get better.

This goes for pretty much anything we do. The whole "first world problems" thing has been used as humor, but they're true.

We complain too much of what we have to do, but in reality we have the luxury to do it.

Complaining about exercise / self improvement / relationships / success / money / work / etc. We have the luxury of experiencing and developing these things in our lives.

StraightEdge3616 likes this.
  3. so sorry to hear that man.
    can empathize with you as i have had some
    upper back issues. have found yoga, and physio
    to be extremely helpful.

hope things continue to improve for you.

All the best!

4. That's so bad man! I feel some pain in my ankles everytime I walk during my exercises. I think this is because I am sedentary. Hope you get better soon.

5. Thank you guys. My point in posting this wasn't just for sympathy but to remind those of you that can, don't take it for granted. Injuries suck and I'm chomping at the bit to get back out there.

6. Isuperman

Isuperman Fapstronaut

15 day ago i had suddenly cramp on my back. Then my pain goes to thigh.yet i can't do any exercise ...its very painful even walking just 5 minutes. But exercise is very imp for my addiction. And i think exercise will fix my pain