1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by NotSoVain, Feb 18, 2015.

1. NotSoVain

NotSoVain Fapstronaut

Anyone else have trouble with thoughts? I'm putting all my energy into controlling my thoughts, they are so out of control, I've read like two books today just to ease the "OCD", it's tough. For me, fapping urges aren't really what's holding me back, it's the thoughts.

I think my brain knows I'm determined not to fap so it desperately fills my head with thoughts, for me, especially music. Songs are getting stuck in my head, over and over, releasing dopamine, and further hindering me.

Sorry for rambling, please elaborate if you please, thanks.

8 hours in!..

2. LouMan

LouMan Fapstronaut

NotSoVain- yep your mind absolutely knows your intention to stop fapping and is now taking another approach. TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO CONTROL YOUR SITUATION (and im not expert- im finding out as i go too) unfortunately once this fully happens be 100% assured it will eventually switch back to fapping at a more opportune time (demoralizing you in the process- it really doesnt care).

a good simple approach is to simply ACKNOWLEDGE the thought(s). Dont try to reject them or judge them. i know it sounds hard to do but it really is possible. try it :) simply acklowedge them (with a smile even) like you might a friend you see on the street- THEN once youve acknoledged simply softly shift your focus back to what you were doing or a more positive, useful or even neutral activity i.e. washing the dishes, driving your car, etc...if the thoughts are about fapping then DO THE SAME THING..and softly return your focus to your current activity.

this is a positive reminder to you and sending your mind a blatant message 'i am not fucking around anymore!' and that you are serious about smothering this negative influence out of your life.

all the best and may you find peace dude ;)