1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to end this once and for all.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Gamerx96, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Gamerx96

Gamerx96 New Fapstronaut

So my story might seem short and simple compared to a lot of other people because quite frankly, it is. I started PMO all the way back in the Summer of 2016. It was an addiction that turned into a habit. I did it everyday and there was no stopping me. It was only until last year, when I truly became self-aware and realized the damage PMO was causing me. I was a really good student until my grades started to drop. March 2019 was the time i decided that this has to stop.

I ended up having a bunch of 'mini streaks', and I noticed a pattern of relapsing around the 4th to 6th day. My longest streak was 9 days. These 'mini streaks' kept happening until April 20. On that day, I went on an International School trip with my friends. Those were the best 2 weeks of my life and I knew it would be before it even started. Now this was the perfect opportunity to begin NoFap. I'm proud to say that those 2 weeks went by without even thinking of the topic at all. Once we came back, I was able to do another week with no difficulties. I felt amazing, I had feelings i never thought I could feel before. I fell in love and I was filled with joy and happiness. I felt like a different person. Now I don't think i would even be here if it was a success amirite. On the 21st day, 3 weeks since I last PMO'ed, I broke the streak. Normally, I would say that I was back to sqaure one, but due to those 3 weeks, i had an idea of the person i could be, of the person i wanted to be. And ever since then ive been on the ongoing struggle of ending the cycle but i haven't been able to cross that 1 week yet.

Just last week, I controlled for 5 days, and yesterday I relapsed after 4. Today I did it again as a goodbye once and for all. Now I have taken the initiative of joining NoFap and writing this because now I am going to rise and be my trueself. I will keep coming back to update this thread and I'll appreciate all the support that i can get. So,

It's time to end this once and for all.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button |Day Counter | Rebooting Resources|Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

Gamerx96 likes this.
  3. Hey welcome to the forum! Nice to have you alongside us fighting the good fight! : )

I strongly advise you to be active on your profile; start by choosing an avatar and then make daily posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement. They've got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see. People will find your profile and give you

encouragement/support.

You should also highly consider creating a public journal (in the appropriate section[<-- link] for you ) and write about your days in more depth for us members to follow along on your journey!

★People love to communicate in the profiles section and also the journal section. These are 2 of the most important sections. Also, we could always use your helpin supporting members around the forum and in return you most likely will receive some as well!

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!