1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to move on...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Phibz, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

It has been brought to my attention that I have posted some offensive things here. I have tried to be honest with myself and with other members. It has never been my intention to have a harmful effect on anyone's recovery. My ego has gotten the best of me at times. But seeing that has been part of my recovery. If I have insulted anyone here, I wish to apologize. Insults are wrong and counter-productive. I've also felt it is wrong to be untruthful with recovering nofappers. To lie to someone for the sake of being nice is not what I believe to be supportive. To be dishonest with you would be the same as me handing you the bottle of KY, as far as I'm concerned. I'm just expressing myself here, now. I have no desire to be right. Being right has costs me. I don't want to have my account suspended. Nofap has shown me the joys of laughing at myself. And the joys of sharing that with others. It's taught me to love again. I trust the moderators. I don't see this as a setback, but as another opportunity to grow. I'm sure I'm not the first one to be called out and not the last. I will make a conscious effort to not be offensive. I will continue to post, but my post will not be directed at any individual. I will not respond to any additional comments or questions in public. I will, however, read them. If you make a comment or have a question that requires a response, feel free to PM me.

2. Phibz, I'm so sorry to read this. You and I have had our disagreements, but we worked it all out in the end. I know you mean well and I know you protect this community from the absurd. There is a time and place for every character and yours is a strong one, and strength is needed. Your honesty and to-the-point attitude will not be forgotten. Sometimes the people who say what were all thinking take the heat.

This is a tough situation, many sensitive eyes roam this forum. To please them all is impossible. I appreciate the heads up and I know this will pass.

Phibz likes this.
  3. IGY

IGY Guest

Very true and that applies to me also. :rolleyes: In fact, this is surely true of the entire community here. It is the best and most extraordinary place I have experienced on the internet. But there is bound to be friction at times. There is a rich diversity here and misunderstandings can easily occur. There may be many reasons why individuals are 'in a bad place' on a given day and not as patient or as thoughtful as they would be otherwise. I reciprocate your apology, to you and to all others. :)

TakingTheSteps, Phibz and SolidStance like this.
  4. ^ I'd like to echo everything @IGY just said. Miscommunication is a huge factor, as well as a lot of people being frustrated, horny, on edge, and impatient. :p I haven't had any personal conversations with you yet, @Phibz, but I think this was very cool of you to post! It takes a lot of humility to do that. I'm glad you'll be sticking around and that you've found value in this community.

Phibz likes this.
  5. Boomer49

Boomer49 Fapstronaut

@Phibz What a shock. I saw/see you as a no nonsense kind of poster that so many need. You were tough on folks and sometimes I think people need to be called on their stuff, especially when they are fooling themselves. I agree with @SolidStance that you have the best interests of the participants here at heart. I, for one, will be looking forward to your future posts. There's a sense of caring there that comes through even if the edges are rough. Glad you're staying.

*B49*

Phibz likes this.