1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for dealing with loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by frogs2345, Feb 24, 2019.

1. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Hey guys, I'm looking for some tips to deal with being alone. Not just like no relationship, but nobody around me whatsoever.
    I normally during this have thoughts of relapse or this empty pit in my stomach. I have thoughts of wondering if I will ever find love. I know God has promised me a family, but I still wonder if I am ever going to be anything but a toy for women to play and get bored with. I am a virgin and want to wait until marriage to have sex, and my lifestyle does not permit me to really meet or talk to any girls. I work as an electrician an hour away from home, and I get up at 230AM to be there at 5AM. The only time I get out of the house is to go to bible study on Monday nights (with some friends and a bunch of girls that don't really care) and to go to church on Sunday (where I sit alone in the early service since I have no friends and who don't serve during that one).
    Anyone have any advice to combat these thoughts and feelings while I am alone.

2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You weren't promised anything. You are fully in control of your life man. It is your decision if you want a family or not. You won't be some toy for women if you don't want to. Your lifestyle doesn't permit you meeting or talking to girls? You mean you are restricting yourself from meeting/talking to girls? I hope you are being fully honest with yourself. Is waiting until marriage to have sex a choice you believe in? It definitely wasn't your original idea. It was someone else's. Why do you want to follow someone else's ideas? There's no problem if you really feel this is the right choice, but are you sure you won't regret this later and realize you were blindly following something you didn't even believe in? You are free to do anything with your life, just be brave to believe in your own ideas, not someone else's.

And about being alone. It makes you stronger and brings the real confidence out of you. Ultimate confidence is when you truly know yourself. The time you have alone can be spent on improving yourself. Being active and keeping your focus on your activities will help keep your thoughts out of relapsing. Make sure to do things that will help you move forward in life.

BlueBalls likes this.
  3. frogs2345

frogs2345 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I do fully believe in sex only after marriage. I have my own reasons and am a firm believer in Christ. I was promised a family in vision the Lord sent me. As Dostoyevsky wrote: "It is not as a child that I believe and confess Jesus Christ. My hosanna is born of a furnace of doubt."

I made these choices my self. Earlier in my life maybe I was following blindly, but now I wholeheartedly lean on my faith.

I may be restricting myself from meeting girls. I don't like parties and can't go to bars, and frankly despise most women in my area because they are either shallow or believe men are the problem in life. The select few women I do hang out with kind of look down on me because I dropped out of college and became an apprentice electrician. I am also afraid of girls finding out my problem and completely ignoring me because I appear as a pervert to them. It doesn't help I am short and apparently ugly to women my age. That's why I don't associate much with women. I fear rejection and loathe the thought of engaging with another woman who is just going to get bored of me.