1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

tips for loneliness for nofap beginners?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by theforce, Jan 11, 2018.

1. theforce

theforce Fapstronaut

I have always been a pretty independent person. That being said, I know that loneliness may be a trigger of mine that I'm willing to change. I would TRULY LOVE any tips on this one, even if it has been said before. I am so thankful NOFAP community exist and hope to read/hear from more of you. Today is my day 1 of 90

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

What I suggest is to force yourself into situations that would make you uncomfortable. Social scenarios that scare you, finishing that work after putting it off, pushing your limits in your workout, etc. The more you get out of your comfort zone and learn to conquer it the better you will be at being able to stay pmo free. Every time I have relapsed so far, I have noticed that it is when I get comfortable and don't challenge myself. Not only will it help, but it builds character too. Good luck with your reboot!

-TheBigBadWolf

Sananafraz, theforce and AnotherWay like this.
  3. Code Hero

Code Hero Fapstronaut

Keep busy! You don't always have to do things that make you uncomfortable, just do more of the things you like doing, or work more. You'll meet more people and busyness is the best distraction. Good luck on your journey, you are never alone here!

theforce and AnotherWay like this.
  4. theforce

theforce Fapstronaut

Thank you, I have been pushing myself lately going to many events outside my comfort zone, example did beyonce dance class professional free choreography last month and I AM NOT A BEYONCE FAN! lol Though first time was weird, 2nd time was more intense workout though really enjoyed it.

5. theforce

theforce Fapstronaut

Thank you!!! If you have any tips for the first week or so that is the hardest time? I'd love to know, tried jumping jacks can help but feel like I'm riding a wave sometimes. I want ot do the 90 days so bad. I'm tired of keeping to keep trying to quit, I'm sure people say this all the time here, I want it so bad. I'm grateful this forum exists, I am new to forums.

Dpokerv likes this.
  6. Out of the Furnace

Out of the Furnace Fapstronaut

i guess loneliness is the worst thing and it makes you relapse. speaking of that, i gotta reset my counter :D

7. Code Hero

Code Hero Fapstronaut

I just made it through the first week, and what has really helped has been setting up some blocks on my phone and laptop. I had a friend set the passwords, and I even leave my personal laptop at my office most days. That way, even if I want to I can't access anything (caveat: access anything easily... there's always a way but more hurdles gives me more chances to stop and say no, not today).

8. theforce

theforce Fapstronaut

awesome, GOOD FOR YOU, TRULY!!! I'm looking forward to making it thorough the first week. Keep going!!!

9. Joona K

Joona K Fapstronaut

Just went trough first week.

How I did that?

1) Activity plans for EVERY day
    2) Lot of this forum and journaling
    3) Having AP especially for few days on the beginning
    4) reboot app (also this pages info about PMO addiction works)
    5) Enough food, rest

theforce likes this.
  10. theforce

theforce Fapstronaut

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! especially love #2, keep going!

11. Joona K

Joona K Fapstronaut