1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by N0thing, May 19, 2019.

1. N0thing

N0thing Fapstronaut

I've been meditating a long time now.
    Here are few things I've learned about meditation over the years:

Meditation is for everyone
    There are so many different kinds of meditation nowadays, the excuse "it's not for me" really just means I'm too lazy. Find the one that suits your style and stick to it.

You can do it everywhere
    If you're waking up really early for work I understand it can be hard to do wake up even earlier. The good news is you can pretty much do it everywhere. On the train, in the car, while walking/cycling etc.

It takes time
    The benefits of meditation are slow, but with consistant practise you'll start noticing small differences in your daily life. Less road rage, suddenly you'll start treating the people at the store more nicely, better relationship with your closest ones, work partners etc.

Controlling anxiety
    With meditation I've learned to control anxiety...not cure it. When I have a panick attack I'm more aware why and how I can overcome it. Anxiety can't be cured, but It can be controlled with time.

Self-control is a life long process
    I will never reach a point where I'll have full self-control. I will always have problems and need to remind myself everyday not to give into the temptations.

I wish you all good luck in your journey and hope this thread helped you. Feel free to add to it.

A41:14A and Road to freedom like this.
  2. Bay

Bay Fapstronaut

Have you ever done the Wim hof method?

3. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

No, what is that?

4. nickreb90

nickreb90 Fapstronaut

My best tip here would be to not be afraid of trying different positions. You don't HAVE TO meditate on the lotus position for example.

Try meditating lying on your back in bed or even sitting on a chair.