1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips of Workout Routine and diet plan (Ectomorph)

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by Reevguy123, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Reevguy123

Reevguy123 New Fapstronaut

Hi there everyone, my goal before the end of this year is that I want to improve my body to be more muscular and healthy. I'm curious to ask how should I go about my workout routine and my diet plan?

As a breakdown, I'm a 19-year-old male (turning 20 this September), I'm a person who never went to a gym before and never workout in my entire life. My height is 168.2cm, Weight is 57.3Kg, and my BMI is 20.3 ( I've attached my data).

I tried going to the gym at the start of this year but when Covid struck, they closed off. Even so, I had to pay $35/month for the membership which I think it's not bad but if you don't have a friend or someone that practices along with you, it gets kinda hard since you're just guessing if you are improving or not.

To end it off, I would consider myself as Ectomorph because I generally eat a lot of rice, chicken, eggs, vegetables and I don't see myself going fat or gaining weight. If you have any suggestions, I would gladly appreciate much! :)

Attached Files:

Deleted Account and BurgerChamp like this.
  2. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

Are the gyms still closed where you're at? If so that makes it harder. But you can start to build a fitness foundation by doing body weight exercises like push-ups, dips, sit-ups. Begin by doing two or three sets of 15 pushups per day. Ramp up the number as you're able to. I recommend running or doing some type of cardio 3 or 4 days a week too. I believe weights and cardio should always go in tandem.

There are some pretty good kettlebell tutorials on YouTube. Kettlebells were never my cup of tea, but I have friends who swear by them. They might give you good results.

If gyms are open in your area let me know and I give you much more detailed feedback. The best advice I can give is to look at this like a long, long journey that will hopefully last the rest of your life. What I mean is that hopefully you're care about your fitness level for decades and decades. That will ensure you live a happier life.

When you view fitness as a lifelong focus, it becomes a lot easier actually. When you try to gameplan your health 40, 50, 60 years into the future, it's a lot easier to maintain a good perspective. When you do, it's easier to handle the disappointment when you come in a minute and a half over your time goal for a jog, or when you hit a plateau doing the bench press.

Also, I recommend buying a marcy to workout your forearms. Forearms are an easy muscle to develop and girls flip for them. I'm 5'9" and I fluctuate between 145 to 150 lbs but because I have a six pack and unusually big forearms people constantly say I'm jacked/built etc. lol

Rev2.0 and BurgerChamp like this.
  3. BurgerChamp

BurgerChamp Fapstronaut

Hey man! We both have the same height and weight lol coincidence xD I do run every single day and do full-body workouts for 4x a week. In terms of diet, I do not have a specific plan, but I always remind myself to refrain from consuming sugar and not eating bread too much. That's so I could keep burning fat every day and maintain my abs. Regarding workout routines, try searching up applications in your phone's playstore. I personally use Home Work Out and it all works good for me as It already has its own program and you can find different variations of workout to perform with. It's your own coach. Thus, it guides you on how to do the exercise and how many reps you should be doing. Likewise, it has a built-in timer for some all-out exercises and in between sets, it times you 30 seconds for rest.

Best of luck bro!

4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Hey, fellow ectomorph aka "hard gainer" here. For us, as important as workouts are, eating right (and eating enough) is at least equally important. For example, myself, at 6 feet tall and working out 4 times a week with heavy weights, I need to eat at least 2,500 calories a day just to maintain my weight between 175 and 180 lbs. But it can't just be 2,500 calories of crap, I need to make sure I have enough protein in there. If I go even a week below that on calories I start seeing the muscle come off, which can be frustrating because I'm not always in a position to eat that much every day, nor do I typically have a huge appetite. 2,500 calories a day for me means two or three big meals (500-800 calories each) along with a couple of snacks and usually a protein shake to make up the difference. That's a hell of a lot of my day spent prepping and eating food but if I want my hard work in the gym to pay off at all, it's what I need to do.

I would also strongly NOT recommend cardio in the traditional sense i.e. long stretches of running, biking or swimming. As an ecto, those things work against you. Personally I'd rather have the body of an Olympic sprinter than a marathon runner, so my cardio is sprint interval sessions, never more than 20 minutes but all-out. I have found sprinting to be especially effective in improving my legs and especially my calves, which have always been the worst parts of my physique and don't respond as well to traditional weight training.

Finally, I would highly recommend the book Bigger Leaner Stronger by Mike Matthews. Another Fapstronaut turned me on to it and with his workouts and eating plan I am seeing real progress for the first time since I started getting serious about this 3 years ago.

Hope this helps and stick with it. Investments in your health are never wasted. Good luck.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    BurgerChamp likes this.
  5. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

6. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

That's an interesting item and I could definitely see how it would work on your forearms. Deadlifts will get your forearms right swole too but since a lot of gyms no longer allow deadlifting and/or an at-home weight set isn't an option for some guys, this is a great option. And yes, women do like manly forearms.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    DuckofDeath likes this.
  7. Hey man, ectomorph here. If you want to put some size i would recommend checking out Athlean x and Jeff Nippard on Youtube as they helped me to go from 69kg to 77kg( 153lbs-170lbs ). But a general tip would be to focus on your bench, squat and deadlift and to track your progress by seeing how much weight you increased. Still don't try to go from 40kg/80lbs bench to 80kg/160lbs bench, it will take time.

Consistency is the key brother, try eating more, keep going to the gym and you should see results.