1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips on finding a casual job??

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Reborn16, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

I'm studying and looking for casual work. But it's frustrating and even though there's heaps of things aside from work to do, getting a job would make my streak go better!

Anyone want to share some good ideas or experiences on getting a job with 10-25 hours a week?

All I have so far:

-Complete a presentable one page resume
    -Write a custom cover letter for each job
    -Thank employers for their time in a cover letter, or over the phone/in person
    -Try to attract the position (heaps of unqualified people get good jobs just networking)

I also want to walk into businesses and drop off my resume/introduce myself. But self-confidence is holding me back...

2. Jharpeskie

Jharpeskie Fapstronaut

What job are you looking for? I highly recommend to any college student to work in hospitality, in a cafe or restaurant. It teaches you good people skills, is usually flexible and usually doesn’t need experience.

It’s simple to get a job in hospo too. Print off a bunch of resumes and hit up managers. Don’t be discouraged by rejection, just hit the next store.

3. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

I recommend housecleaning (housekeeping). The pay is decent, working conditions are comfortable and it's relatively easy to get into without networking. You could put ads on a noticeboard or online.

Lopez760 likes this.
  4. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I'm looking for general hospitality or admin mainly.

I checked out housekeeping jobs recently, there seem to be a few companies around me, but they prefer to hire couples or two people who live and work together at least. I've heard it's good money though, so will see what comes up!

I've done some hospo but did have a problem with rejection. Long story short had a few trial shifts with positive feed back that went nowhere in the end.. But you're right it's a numbers game and I can put a lot more applications out there, cold call etc. Nobody will knock on my door with a job lol!