1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

tips on how to get muscle around hips?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Ezio188, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Ezio188

Ezio188 Fapstronaut

I have really skinny hips and it looks like I have a dip between my thighs and stomach and I've tried squats and lunges any other ideas how to gain more muscle/ fat around this area?

2. Joseph_Merrick

Joseph_Merrick Fapstronaut

Hey bud,

Not sure if we're talking about the same area here, but if you look at many bodybuilders of the so called golden era(the 70's) you'll see there were alot of them had tiny waists. In fact, bodybuilding has quite alot to do with creating illusion. And one of the main ways to do this is to create the famous V-taper shape: wide shoulders and lats and lead to a narrow mid-section and waist. And if the guy has his physique on point you'll often see a sort of indentation(dip?) between their quad and stomach. This also creates an illusion of size and it looks more appealing than just having a narrow, blocky midsection.

Check out guys like Serge Nubret or Frank Zane to get an idea of what I'm talking about.
    And I know you might not be a bodybuilder nor interested in bodybuilding, but you could still learn alot about dieting, nutrition and training from the sport.

Stay strong

3. Kiddy

Kiddy Fapstronaut

I have large hips. I always envied guys with smaller hips. Sorry, I'm not sure what you could do to get bigger hips. I noticed that kicking-focused martial arts (like TaeKwanDo) help develop this muscles. Other than that, there are few activities that people do that use those muscles.

4. Bearommesa

Bearommesa Fapstronaut

Calorie count. Find out your Daily Caloric Intake (search online for a calculator) and use an app such as MyFitnessPal to count calories whilst ensuring you reach or exceed your DCI. If you're trying to gain weight, eat more than your DC.