1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tired of reaching out to people who don't care

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Oh. Yes, I see what you mean! Thanks!

@Some Day Shall Shine I hope you didn't perceive those sentences as condescending. That was not my intention!

I agree that emotional messages do hold some value, but the thoughts we use in trying to explain them holds little value. I find that emotions are best resolved when experienced fully and without judgment or mental explanation. A feeling of self-friendliness and love is important in this manner.

What you are saying about calming the victim for being a victim. Yes, if this is the only purpose, then it is rather superficial and arrogant. But if the purpose of calming the victim comes out of empathy, care, and a sharing of love, then it can be very benificial IMO.

Sananafraz likes this.
  2. Thanks everyone for the advice. This morning I just got a call from my doctor about a recent blood test. Apparently I have hypoglycemia, hormonal imbalance, and extremely low potassium that might be triggering some of my mental breakdown episodes. Maybe after treatment ill feel normal again

3. I originally went to get tested for endocarditis because I had some symptoms but got that instead. I feel relieved yet also stressed that I have to now deal with hypoglycemia :(

TheGreenPotato likes this.
  4. TheGreenPotato

TheGreenPotato Fapstronaut

Gosh, I just read your post and I can't say how sorry I am for your situation. You sound like you have been through some really horrible things, and I think anyone would be feeling as bad as you do in your situation. I am glad to hear you found some medical issues which might be making things worse and working on those things. I hope that will make you feel a lot better :)

A lot of people have already really kindly replied to you, so I will keep it short. Having been in a bad place before I understand how terrible it feels, even if I don't know your exact situation. Remember your feelings exist for a reason, even if other people don't agree. Some people just don't know how to deal with these problems and they may not be able to understand you or support you as much as you like. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you or how you are. Remember there are plenty of people who do care in the world, all of us replying to you actually physically exist in the world.

We are all here rooting for you!

5. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

The good thing about this, is that it is a concrete thing that you can actually do something concrete about.
    The low potassium and low blood sugar, this says to me that you need some extra vitamins and need to regulate your sugar intake. If I were you, I would buy a good multivitamin (buy the expensive ones, that are tested and regulated). I would also look at your diet, and try put in some more healthy stuff: green leafy vegetables, and complex carbohydrates.

I hope you can see the positive side of this. At least it is relatively easy to do something about, compared to changing the minds of your family!