1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tired of this fucking shit and it's been for years

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Wilde°, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I don't like saying this but people have told me I look really good and everywhere I see girls whispering at their friends while looking at me, or even smiling at me. Even a couple of college girls used to approach me. T
    People around I don't know say I look like I'm a famous model. Anyway everyday I get the smiles from girls but I can't act on it! And usually the ones I don't find attractive approach on me, I've had some hot but I used to always Fick it up.

I'm now at the gym and it happens again a super attractive girl smiled at me and stuff she also went around me n stuff, but everytime it happens I don't smile back I show sad face because of my ego I love to see how much girls try to show signs and testing her instead of going for it. I'm in the mindset that because I look really good they will go for it and it happens again and again, and when they're super hot I just end up wanting to suicide because of that stuff. I literally felt like having an heartattack a couple minutes ago and my heart start beating hard (sorry for the English) I'm really afraid for my condition because it's not the first time..

I don't know how to stop playing this stupid games and stare contests with girls instead of acting on it, I'm so shy around then so I ebd up showing no interest while inside I fantasize already making love with her, all day.

Guys please take this seriously nothing bothers me more than that, this is fucking hell I've rather make a marathon 20 times than have the feeling of being without a girlfriend for years because of my shyness and my ego..

Alot of mood swings too, I can sometimes be in the mood but usually not

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. 1. Why do you feel shy?
    2. How does your ego stop you from making the plunge?

I think you give way too much importance to "your good looks" and you now have a mindset that girls cannot resist you. Therefore you are afraid of making contact, because if they say no, then your bubble of "being irresistible" will burst, and you don't want the illusion to shatter.

I would suggest you to stop believing in this. Looks might matter in a hook-up or short term relationship, but in any sensible long term relationship, looks don't carry that much weight if all the other factors are aligned.

Get ready to be rejected. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you. That's how the world works. When you go buying clothes, you don't just pick the first thing you see. You try a lot of stuff. Same thing with dating. Sometimes you will find a match within first 10 tries, sometimes you'll find it after 100 tries.

Just try giving it your best shot. :)

Vanquisher12 likes this.
  3. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I'm sort of procrastinating telling myself there's alot of fish to catch and it's a loop that goes on and on. I have less fear of being rejected my fear is acting awkward because of my social anxiety, I know that the chances for rejection are low when I sense that one is really interested and smiling. I don't believe it's an illusion I just need to get my shit together and stop with all the games, I gotta stop thinking on how I look though that's the number one factor here..

When it comes to social anxiety I care what others will think but sometimes Im really assertive in a way I don't give a shit about others for my needs, I'd wish it be the same with girls.

DM10 likes this.
  4. I see. Well it's as they say... "If you never try, you will never know."

Good luck. :)

Vanquisher12 and Wilde° like this.
  5. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Well I'd have to disagree that looks aren't something to consider if girls approached me in the past, it's a huge bonus for me.

Who will have better chance, ugly person that approaches or a person that looks attractive? I think you got the answer.. be real stop with all the passwords.

I'm not saying that only looks matter, but they definetly have a part in the puzzle.

If girls shows that she's into you without knowing you it significantly increases your chance to not get rejected in my opinion.

6. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

@Wilde° Good looks are only going to get you attention from woman, but if you don't know what to do with that attention is totally useless.
    You totally lack confidence, you are so much afraid of rejection. You are so much worried about the outcome of the interaction that is not letting you go and talk to her.

I can only help you with this advices.
    - Woman that are attracted to you are going to help you. If a woman is stearing and smiling at you she is probably attracted to you and is hoping you to go and talk to her. If you go and do that she is going to talk a lot because she likes you, she is going to put effort on keeping the conversation going and fun. So don't be afraid to go and talk to her, she is going to help you made a conversation.
    - Change your mentality when you approach a woman, the idea of you going to talk to her is not to win her over, the idea is to go an talk for like 10 minutes to know if the conversation flows and she is fun to talk to. Also to know if she is really attracted to you and is ready and willing to go out with you. So, just go and talk to her. If the conversation flows naturally then you can ask for her phone number or ask her out on the spot. But if the conversation is not good, fun or full of silences.. then don't waste more time with her.. move on with your life and wait for a woman whom you can have a fun conversation with.
    - Getting rejected is not the end of the world, faster you get used to it the better. Unless you are a top model or a famous actor.. most woman are probably not going to be attracted to you. If you go and talk to a woman an you get rejected or the conversation is borring don't take it personal, you are just not compatible or she is just another girl that is not into you. Don't waste time with her and wait for a woman that is naturally fun to talk to.
    - Don't be afraid of humiliation. Woman are emotional beens, woman in general don't want to hurt your feelings so they are not going to reject you directy. They are going to let you know by telling you things like they have a boyfriend, or like the are not ready for dating yet, or any other excuse to not go out with you.
    Just get the hint and move on.

Wilde° likes this.
  7. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I feel like the discussion I'm having with you it's just opinions, and you're getting to personal so I'd suggest you to fuck off the thread I don't want your opinions here anymore. I'm not going to answer you any further but I've seen from the first post of yours that you are negative, so yeah - don't reply here anymore you'll just be ignored anyway.
    I could've been in dozens of relationships with female I don't like or not find attractive which is why it's I'm opening this discussion, I don't want to be with the average women out there this is the easy way if that satisfies you.

It's same with boys, I wouldn't want to be with a girl that doesn't look good to my taste, so some of the opposite.

What you say is not a fact and tons of people will think that you're wrong, so do I. That's all.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    stegiss likes this.
  8. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

Yeah I'm lacking of confidence and this embrasses me around females because I had mental breakdown in the past due to social events which put a hard scar in my heart, I've had females calling me gay because I didn't want to be around them (due to my shyness). I have alot of work to do and get out of my comfort zone, I'm too comfort.

9. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Try this. Next time you see a woman checking you out, which happens frequently according to you... smile back.

That's all you have to do. Just twitch the facial muscles in an upward direction. Then go about your day. That's all you have to do.

10. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

Maybe you can try and do some cold approaching, on the street or in a night club? Then you will be desensitised to any approach anxiety and fear of rejection. You could look up some "PUA"-guy on Youtube, or similar, that you resonate with in order to learn some good mindsets to have to feel more confident when you're talking to girls.

Good luck!

11. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

You need to go SR.
    Because on a long streak you build mass confident and a idgaf mentality. You go to the women and approach her without fear or rejection.

12. You just have to stop being a pussy and approach them. That's the brutal unfiltered truth, I'm not gonna sugar-coat it. Don't even wait for signs, just straight up go for the kill if you find her attractive. You may suck the first few times or make a fool out of yourself (no shame, we all have), but you'll get a lot better with practice. I'm not exactly a lady killer yet, but this is how I improved a lot - I just said fuck it and started approaching them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2021
  13. What you experience a lot of guys experience too.

On the positive side, you recognize that your ego prevents you from having healthy relationships with women. You are not in denial. Which is really cool, you can start to let go of that little by little.

- Take care of yourself. The more you take care of yourself, the more you'll take care of others. So exercise, eat clean, meditate, spend time in nature. Just by correcting this point, you can greatly increase your well-being, decrease your mental fog and all those negative thoughts.
    Well being is a cure for the ego. I am not making this up, it is scientifically proven.

- If you want to have healthy relationships, you're going to have to get over your fears at some point. What's stopping you from doing this is probably your ego. You don't want to be rejected. No one does. But getting over your fears of approaching women will allow you to express your vulnerability. This means you can lower your ego.
    Because yes, you're going to get rejected, there will be times when you won't know what to say or do, or you'll feel like crap. It is this vulnerability, this fear that makes you more human. You can choose to repress it or use it to express your sensitivity and who you are.

- Instead of focusing on what you want, focus on trying to understand women. They too have their fears, their insecurities, even more than us.
    We all tend to focus on our own personal desires instead of making people feel comfortable, giving sincere compliments.
    Everything you give, you end up receiving one day. Instead of trying to get more, give more. Let go of your need to control and be liked by people.
    Express yourself even if it's imperfect, even if you have to be rejected.

- talk to someone (therapy) ? there is no shame in that, it is even very courageous. You can solve this problem on your own with a big dose of well being. But talking to someone to open up and say what you may never have said to anyone, with someone in front of you who understands, listens and talks with you, can help.

Everything I said of course can be cultivated. If you take care of yourself, you will feel much better, so you will see things more clearly.
    Then it's just a matter of gradually stepping outside your comfort zone and expressing that well being. (And being patient because it takes time:) )

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2021