1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tldr:Consider health habits,not just mind habits

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Urbancottage30, Dec 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Urbancottage30

Urbancottage30 Fapstronaut

A lot of habits that i've been doing in the past were mind-based.For example:journaling,learning an instrument,learning a new language,math,meditation,reading,etc. These habits are great,but they were incomplete because i wasnt taking care of my body. I was relying only on Nofap for health. All the while i was exercising but not eating right at all. Many of our bad moods and compulsions stem from poor nutrition. But that doesn't mean that you have to break the bank in order to be healthy. The benefits of taking care of your physical health will improve your mind habits a lot. Don't be afraid to be your own doctor. Research alternative medicine and adopt a therapy or two. A good website for research is Earth Clinic. These are my personal health/body habits that are cheap and relatively easy to implement.
    1. Anti-brain fog diet: I eliminated dairy,peanuts,aspartame and msg. Just by eliminating this foods I have changed my brain. Dairy might be tough to eliminate,but it is way easier than going keto.
    2. Home cooking:eating out is not Based at all. Don't worry if you suck at cooking. I suck at cooking. Focus on pasta,stir fry and cereal.
    3. Supplement: take a daily multivitamin like Centrum or whatever floats your boat. Fish oil is amazing. Men can't go wrong with adding zinc.
    4.Exercise: high rep calisthenics circuits and stretching.
    5. Eliminate flouride exposure:drink only bottled water. It doesn't have to be distilled. Reverse osmosis water also removes a lot of flouride. Consider a flouride toothpaste alternative. Don't cook in non-stick pans.

2. Hey man, interesting post! I agree with points 2, 3 and 4. Here, in the Netherlands, 5 is not really an issue since the water from the tab is perfectly save to drink. Point 1 though, what is wrong with dairy? I eat a kilo of skimmed french quark every day, because of protein baby! 300 mL of skimmed milk for the shake as well. Would love to hear your answer.

Urbancottage30 likes this.
  3. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

I believe different scientist have said dairy is not good for the body and some % of all the humans body cannot process this type of food. For example; in the Netherlands the use of milk was highly recommended in the same time the government had a overproduction of milk. So it was maybe not advertised for the right healthy reasons.

However, seems nobody exactly knows if it is good or not. Maybe is has some good and bad effects at the same time. Just like everything in life; keep the amount of it in balance and you should be fine.

4. Urbancottage30

Urbancottage30 Fapstronaut

First of all,thanks for reading and liking my post. I am new here and I want to earn trophies so baaad. Dairy is perfectly fine for some people,especially europeans and some european descendents. As for me,well,it is awful,but awful in a very insidious way. Most people(not saying you of course)when they think food allergies they visualize someone writhing on the floor,gasping for air and looking for their epipen. But most food allergies are not so dramatic. They just cause some brain fog and mild irritability. But what happens when you consume that allergen in every meal,and even in every snack(like dairy)? Since symptoms are so "mild" you just think it's something else. Milk contains a lot of hormones for the fattening of a non-human animal. This hormones could unbalance your own natural hormones in the long run. I agree that milk has lots of protein and probiotics,but it also adds powerful foreign chemicals. Cheese is even worse. Just 1 day without dairy and bye brain fog for me. But if you feel that milk has helped,then more power to you. Good on Netherlands for keeping their water clean.

GreenTinted60sMind likes this.
  5. Haha, thanks for the reply man! Another like for you ;) Very interesting points. I don't think I am not going to cut dairy out of my life all together, I just love that quark :p But I am going to look into it, perhaps try and see what two weeks dairy-abstinence can do.