1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

To be a Christian?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

Tags:
  1. To be a Christian what do you need to believe and what do you need to do?

2. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

In the Old Testament (pre-crucifixion), people were temporarily coverred for the 'remission' of the sins they have comitted by a blood sacrifice of an animal they had to bring to a priest in temple, over and over.

What YOU need to believe now is that your LORD and Savior Jesus Christ shed His blood at the cross for you personally to save you eternally (once saved always saved) from the lost world and Satan and mainly hell, because He LOVES you and so He has born your iniquities and was made the propitiation and justification from ALL trespasses (past-present-future) of the believer when He himself layed down His life and suffered. Not only that, he was burried and ROSE again the 3rd day. So He defeated Satan (and sin) and He also defeated death. And when you're saved, Christ is in you and you're in Christ, and if you're saved He will give you a glorified body without corruption and without death, sadness, crying when He returns for the Christians (Rapture).
    You need to HEAR the bloody Gospel of 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (I suggest Robert Breaker, Joseph Prince, Gene Kim, on YouTube), understand it, and only believe it.
    Once you 're at this stage, then the Holy Spirit comes in your soul, baptizes and SEALS you. So you can not lose your salvation. But what you may do if you trip in the old person, is grieving the Spirit in you (so you'll feel bad), depriving yourself from some rewards in Heaven, slowing down your sanctification (growing in Christ) and be a mediocre testimony to lost people.

You're called to walk in the Spirit over the flesh (that doesn't mean you can not defend yourself, meet a woman to marry, accumulate legally wealth): love, charity, patience, edifying, and such.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  3. Gzimo

Gzimo New Fapstronaut

It is really dificult to answear, but i think thats not a belief, it's a fact, god is undeniable. i was an atheist for a long time and i have seen people's behavior, i learned that no matter what u do, your soul is aways clamoring for salvation, no matter the name your religion gives to god or how you brain receives these informations, your soul aways get sick, some people take more time to perceive that, some others take less time and some others, unfortunately, just understand it when is close to her own death.

Hitto likes this.
  4. Run_Like_Joseph_Did

Run_Like_Joseph_Did Fapstronaut

Recognize your depravity and absolute need for a Saviour. That salvation is found in Christ alone. That it is by grace alone through faith alone that you can be covered.

5. A Christian is a person who finds inspiration in the life and teaching of Jesus. Most Christians believe in the Nicean creed.

6. Haha, yeah, you'll see there are lots of ways of looking at and describing it, so I'll point you to the source.

If you have a bible, go through one of the gospel accounts, perhaps the book of Mark or John (Don't confuse it with 1 John/ 2 John). Romans is a good book to follow up with. It will brings light on sin as well as making the means of salvation clear. Finally I recommend praying through and reflecting over Psalm 51 if you want Jesus Christ to be your God.