To be satisfied with a little, is the greatest wisdom.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 2, 2022.

1. To be satisfied with a little, is the greatest wisdom; and he that increaseth his riches, increaseth his cares; but a contented mind is a hidden treasure, and trouble findeth it not. - Amenhotep IV

I think this resonates with me to a deep level. In our society that believes the pathway to happiness is wealth, and the need to reflect their wealth so that everyone can see is the lie they preach within.

You can't convince anything to anybody, no matter how hard you try. It is only when that person decides for them selves, do they change their mind. I'm a lost person, never knowing where I stand; It is comforting that way anyways... I often wonder what life was before, If giving up comfort of modern life, so that I can know what life is really about a deal I'm willing to trade? Wishing for something that does not exist is only something that should be laughed at. Fools are often just lost children searching for comfort, even if they know it or not. We close our eyes to what reaches out; blind to our imagination. hollowness rings deep within our souls, we have stranded to far from our selves.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2022
    WesternWolf, DeeJ4y and Roady like this.