1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Today my mom said that i have no friends ....

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jan 2, 2018.

1. lol so today my mom said I have no friends. Noone likes me and all I have in life is video games. At that point I felt so hurt that I wanted to punch a wall. How could my mom say that? this nofap thing is all I have left

2. Peace Seeker

Peace Seeker Fapstronaut

I don't want friends. You're so lucky. I love being alone and working on my hobbies (painting, music, explore the world, playing video games, go jogging, do gym, do crazy shit ;)). Turn your perceived weaknesses into strengths. It's that simple.

Otherwise you can try to fit yourself into mother's idealistic person, go out, have friends, date somebody, marry and live a settled life until you die.

Choose your pill.

3. Thank you bro means allot. I can't believe my mom could say that to me. I don't know how I would reply to her. Prove that I have friends? Lol I do have alot if friends but I just don't show them to my mom.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Campos

Campos Fapstronaut

Dont fall into her trap, she might be saying random stuff just to hurt you emotionally to see if you change, or to reply wity anger and make her point valid, somehow people still think this strategy works :emoji_joy:

Dude, just stay calm, brotip: dont even reply, sometimes letting her talk by herself is the best way, let the anger go and dont feel any resentment or hold any grudges, life will be so much easier.

And like peace seeker said, turn your perceived weekness into strenghs, proove her wrong in the process, go to the gym or sports, play videogames, study, paint, read, program, music whatever.

Live with less anger and do something in the meantime, improve yourself :emoji_wink:

5. My mom used to say that to me all the time, it was true though. She probably didn't mean it in a harsh way, just stating the obvious like most moms do! Nothing wrong to be a lonely person in my opinion, sometimes is just what you (me) are. I'm 34 year old and I have only 2 friends, the same from high school I don't want to meet new people and probably never will, I'm fine with it. But remember ,if you really want friends you can work on it, I mean, if being lonely is something that hurts you. Don't give up and don't pay too much attention on what moms say, they usually mean no harm!

6. Lily White

Lily White Fapstronaut

Always remember that what people say is about them, not about you. She feels insecure about something and is taking it out on you. Maybe she was raised with the idea that it's so important to be liked (I know I was) and to have a lot of friends and that if you don't have these things you are going to die somewhere alone in a gutter (fear is often irrational). Maybe you can ask her calmly if telling you that nobody likes you is a kind thing to do and see what she says. Parents need to be held accountable for their behaviour too.

7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Back in July my mum got annoyed at me and said "If you dont change your attitude you'll spend the rest of your life alone and die alone". In that moment it took all the energy I had to not stand up and punch her so hard it would have knocked her on her ass. She knew that I was insecure about my social life and relationships (ie I have had none and I'm 21) so I knew it was a deliberate attempt to get me from 0-11 on the anger scale fast.

So yeah, I can relate, but what you have to realise is that while many family members do genuinely want the best for you and will try to help, others are just nasty people who think they can get away with being nasty because you are related. This is bullshit, and like Lily White says even parents need to be held to account. Next time this happens stand up for yourself.

8. Mike_July_2017

Mike_July_2017 Fapstronaut

It is cruel of her to say that, but most likely she was being harsh in order to raise the alarm on your video games habits. It is bad parenting though.

You have nofap today. In the future you could also try to give up/minimize video games. Also start going to the gym and, most important commit to at least 3 hours a day of serious study for your school.

There are tons of things that you can start doing to improve your life.

9. Your not alone I never showed my friends to my mother neither.... My mother was mommy dearest, the principle off Matilda and The Bad Seed wrapped into one. If you still live at home and get berated like I use to, it may be best to move out.....

10. MatthewGrün

MatthewGrün Fapstronaut

And hold to what you have, which is freedom from shame. You have friends, here at least. I have no friends outside my house, my kother and brother are my only friends. If it wasn’t for the all of you here, I would have absolutely no one in my life to understand what I am going through.

11. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow. She probably said that because you don't have any friends, but who needs 'em. I haven't had any real friends since I left high school and after a while I just couldn't be bothered by kids my age who do nothing, but smoke weed and wander. If they're not wandering, then there's no reaching them because they're busy. Although, moderate human interaction does do the body good.

truthseeker17 likes this.
  12. Lonewolfpt

Lonewolfpt Fapstronaut

My mom said that to me too. It hurts especially because i almost loosing my GF whom i have spent the last 5 years , so yeah

Maybe she is trying to change your behaviour by confronting you. Atleast mine is

13. Everybody who know me also knows that i have mo friends and no one will ever want to marry me becoz of being introvert, shy and lacking confidence. Acne and mental fogg made me insane. I still don't have any friends. I even dont have a good relation with my siblings. I just have my parents. I haven't even talked to girls in another way. Just for studies. But i am trying to get out of it.

14. Dude part of nofap is to talk to people. Make your streak long asf but also work on your self

15. You know a funny thing? My best friend from school, on his wedding day, his entire family told me and this other buddy (we were a trio of friends in school) how he (the one getting married) has no friends. They were saying that to his friends.
    Don't let the words of family get to you, they worry, and sometimes that worry comes out in a wrong way, but they don't know the whole you nor the whole story. I doubt you have no friends, I mean don't you play games online? Those people on your friends lists, they're there cuz you do have a bond with them, albeit not the traditional one that people are accustomed to call friends. But to say that friends are only the people we grew up with or are in close proximity of, is as ignorant as it is luddite-esque.
    There is nothing wrong with being a bit introverted, I am that way. I enjoy the company of good friends, but most of the time I need time to myself to simply just process life.
    Try reading here : http://www.andymort.com
    I found it very inspiring and encouraging. Mr. Mort's efforts helped me become comfortable in my way, instead of forcing myself in the extrovert shell that caused me so much fatigue.

16. Shapirous

Shapirous Fapstronaut

I already went through a similar situation, my mom said that she was corcerned about the fact that I don't go out and have no friends. Was one the most painful things of my life, I almost cried.

17. BeautyForAshes

BeautyForAshes Fapstronaut

I literally cut off all my so called "friends" after highschool. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything. I recommend this video for you.

18. BeautyForAshes

BeautyForAshes Fapstronaut

Lol, that's a mom for you. She probably didn't mean anything by it. If she only see's you around the house playing video games or what not, what else is she to think. Maybe her saying that was to get you to go out and socialize.

My mom used to tell me I was going to be a good for nothing thug, and that wasn't the worst. But, I didn't take it to heart because I knew she didn't mean it. But, at the time, the way I was living made it seem eminent. But, she helped me turn my life around. So, just know your mom still loves you and wasn't trying to hurt you.

And also, what was the context?

19. I do have alot of friends but I believe my personality is a little bit introverted, maybe I jerk off too much and there's another thing I get mad when people make fun of my nose lol that's all. I don't want to make new friends or anything but i keep my mom out of my social circle. School stuff at school, home at home.

20. Lol it hurts more since it's your mom. But I do have friends but I keep them out of my house cause of their stupidity. It hurt me alot too I didn't know what to say I mean I didn't want to prove her so I just said nothing and that's what biting me RN. That I let her opinion stay by saying nothing

Shapirous likes this.