1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Too much time, too many thoughts

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by endmystery, Oct 25, 2018.

1. endmystery

endmystery Fapstronaut

Hey everyone ! Wanted to share my experience with you : I'm approaching week 3 of NoFap (I'm 27, male) and what I realized so far is...I have now a LOT of time to think...perhaps even too much time...
    I understood I used P for years as a way to distract myself from the fear of thinking about my future, my plans, the risks I should be taking ect...I was basically using P as a sick habit as one would watch series, play games to spend time. To feel comfortable and not face the fear of the unknown and the decision. Being not a series addict, nor a compulsive gamer and having stopped PMO, I have now a whole lot of free mental time, perhaps more than I ever had. It could be the time of my life where I'm most free of distractions and suddenly all the thoughts are pouring in like rain in a storm. And believe me it's scary as hell.

What should I do now ? Am I not wasting my time ? I have a feeling of urgency, I fear I am not engaging all of this newly found energy into some sustainable long-lasting project. I have several music projects but it still is not enough and I need to think about earning a living. Why am I not investing my money and time like others ? I quit my awful corporate job 6 months ago and took a job in an escape room to support myself. But it's far from a perfect situation, the pay is bad and I work only at nights, having no time to socialize. I don't see many people these days. I feel lonely. I fear time, I have too much time. I wish I had no time to think. Has anyone experienced this sudden free space of mind ?
    Wishing you all the best, my friends,