1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Too old for a new start. Loneliness is crashing me...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, May 31, 2021.

1. WanderTruth

WanderTruth Fapstronaut

OP is a wise man.
    I recommend The School of life Youtube Channel.
    I think the video can relate to your situation.
    Wish you all the best.
    Thanks for your wisdom!

1 person likes this.
  2. That's the way, kid! I'm SO PROUD of you!
    Check your conversations! ;)

AmazingBulk likes this.
  3. Thank you for the ego boost and your wishes! I don't think I'm a wise man. If I were, I wouldn't make so many mistakes in my life. I'm trying to learn from them. But learning from one's mistakes at my age maybe a tad late... :)

I will definitely check the YouTube channel you suggested. Maybe I'll find more knowledge there to give to young people, hoping that some will learn something from it or MY mistakes.

Thanks again for the compliments. They brought a smile (and made me feel kind of awkward too).

WanderTruth likes this.
  4. Kung_fu_panda_

Kung_fu_panda_ Fapstronaut

5. :(

Please reset your counter....

Toni7, WanderTruth and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  6. Kung_fu_panda_

I think you are so busy on the other forums with other friends....

Toni7, CAKCy and WanderTruth like this.
  7. WanderTruth

WanderTruth Fapstronaut

I think he is just busy bro. You can talk in many other thread. Do you write a Nofap journal?

Toni7 and CAKCy like this.
  8. WanderTruth

WanderTruth Fapstronaut

Do you Meditate? I think it's a good way to deal with loneliness. It is proven to be effective in treating depression!

Toni7 and CAKCy like this.
  9. Always Keep Going

Always Keep Going Fapstronaut

This is indeed an interesting thread. Watching a senile man plaintively depart wisdom and await his bittersweet end. Life is pain, and perhaps you've seen it more luridly than most of us in this forum. Perhaps you've seen how reticent death can be when taking away what matters most. Here, I cannot ask you to recant your grim views concerning your life because I am only so young, and the words that spur from my mouth only carry the weight of my youthful buoyance. But I can advise you to find a reason to live even the dismal of lives since I know that the turbid stream of nihilism never assuages the pain, and dying with honor and content is, for some reason unclear to all of us who live only to die, putatively better than dying in pain, since that pain stays, much like the honor. You're not at the end yet - there are still years to go. Amidst all the grief, penitence, and loss... there is always something that can be done. There's always "that one book", or "that one linux distro", or "that one community center" that's been collecting dust at the back of your mind. Kindle that flame, and live your last few years with a zeal for what the next day holds. That's legacy. The legacy of a man who turned himself around from the depths of loneliness and mind to one of appreciation for life, for each and every imperceptible thing in this god-forsaken, recondite, yet beautiful ball of life. In the good words of Dylan Thomas,
    "Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
    That's all I can say. Hopefully you see through the veil of existential dreading to see how each and every last bit of you was made to repine against the horrors of death. Define yourself... that.. is all that I can tell you.

Toni7, CAKCy and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  10. You are right, kid. In order for me to be of any use to anybody I have to be able to function myself, first. I'm in a period of picking up pieces and trying to stabilize myself faced with the new realities of my life and it's still a steep uphill road. I get help from anything and anywhere I can, until I reach a state where my mental health is not endangered. I need oxygen and go where oxygen is available!

I'll try my best to make myself more available.

WanderTruth, Toni7 and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  11. No I don't. I wouldn't even know how to do it effectively. Any suggestions for techniques or methods an uninitiate could practice?

WanderTruth likes this.
  12. Blunt words. Great wisdom. Thank you for the encouragement and your ... compliments about my senility. I am grateful for the fact that you have devoted part of your time to shake me up.

13. Kung_fu_panda_

:D
    Use oxygen cylinder.....:D

CAKCy likes this.
  14. Kung_fu_panda_

No

15. refreshed323

refreshed323 Fapstronaut

You should getting away from everything that reminds of all the pain. Take a vacation anywhere you want. The worlds is yours.

Kung_fu_panda_ and Toni7 like this.
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Disappointed to see OP has deleted his account. I wonder why.

AmazingBulk and Toni7 like this.
  17. Same here, sounds like he had a rough go at life. I hope he finds some peace of mind.

Toni7 and Jeffers70 like this.
  18. Kung_fu_panda_

I don't know he is alive or not now..... He was my best friend.... I am missing him..... And feeling very sad to see he deleted his account....

Toni7 likes this.
  19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I mean I doubt he's dead, he probably just deleted the account because he wasn't using the site for its intended purpose. I hope if he sees these messages he makes another account.

Toni7 and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  20. Kung_fu_panda_

I have understood..... But i am missing him.... :(:(:( I am worried about him.

Toni7 likes this.