Too ugly to be loved ?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Win_for_life, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Just wanted to know your thoughts.
    I’m not good looking, lack confidence and quite introverted. Do species like us deserve a chance ?

pezzy⚡️ likes this.
  2. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

If you aren't happy with who you are, change.

Can species like us change?

Amazing Athest likes this.
  3. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Work out, practice verbal skills, humor and there you go you changed what you could be changed.

4. I know many good loking boys and even they have problems to find girl, its more about talking skills than overall look.

noonoon and JonB like this.
  5. I struggle with this also, and I don't fully believe girls skip on appearences, but then again, it's complicated, you won't date someone just because of their looks, it's condemned to fail. You have to bring out you inner qualities. I heard a quote somewhere that says : If you're not good looking, you must be good at something. Cruel world but, what can we do....

6. Avias

Avias Fapstronaut

You are not ugly, your body may be, but not your soul.

NoBrainer and Lions like this.
  7. Erick Pastora

Erick Pastora Fapstronaut

Bro I'm sorry but, WHAT THE F*CK??

Everyone deserves to be loved. The world's a bitch, society is a bitch, social anxiety is a bitch, but you know who's the bitchest of bitches? Your mind. Stop thinking like that, don't change, improve yourself. You'll see that if you stop being an introvert (sounds easier than it is) and become a more confident person who doesn't give a f*ck about what other people think and you stop looking for some girl because you NEED her, it will eventually lead you to a love life that gives you satisfaction.

8. Spoony

Spoony Fapstronaut

who says you are ugly ? you ?

bud. im currently about 110kg. i have to bend over to make sure mr johnson is still there unless i get a stubby. no hair which i shave regulary. The hair dresser said i had a small face (big head) which we laughed about but never really noticed before. But i still look like a sexual tyranasaurus rex when i look at myself in the mirror. unless i stand sideways because no amount of breathing and tensing helps that angle.

use what you have and improve what you can. even if it is a long road ahead to implement that change put the effort in now so you thank yourself later.

Lions, noonoon, Win_for_life and 2 others like this.
  9. JonB

JonB Fapstronaut

There's a nice little bit I learned from a Buddhist monk: "Suffering is eternal."

As someone who is relatively good looking, dresses nicely, is in reasonable shape, and has good enough social skills to land numbers, I can tell you it's not necessarily any easier. I've met men who looked like dog compared to me who landed women well above those I've ever approached. We all have our faults and our struggles. The people who skate through life on a sheet of silk are few and far between. When you embrace the suck, when you realize that your suffering is simply an indication that you're alive, you end up creating personal challenges instead of trying to alleviate personal misery. You focus on driving forward instead of how much air resistance your clothes are creating.

10. pezzy⚡️

pezzy⚡️ Fapstronaut

well in the likelihood you bare some resemblance to your parents and they were able to meet and copulate, i'd say you have a fair chance of meeting someone and being loved. My self confidence was so bad a couple years back, i avoided going outside completely and i just hated the way i looked so much, my face for one thing. The thing i can't change, what i'm stuck with for the rest of my being. You just have to learn to accept it, accept it and move on. Confidence is attractive, and people will surely see something beautiful in you you might not yet be able to see in yourself. Best of luck my dude :) Friends helped me come out my shell immensely though, friends, and going out, getting some new clothes, bringing change into my life, it all boosted my confidence to the point of where i am today

Floweringlife, noonoon, LilD and 3 others like this.
  11. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Too ugly to be loved?

Whether you think so or don't think so, you're absolutely right.

Your low sense of self worth is your problem. Not your physical attributes.

Floweringlife and Win_for_life like this.
  12. NewLife2018

NewLife2018 Fapstronaut

If you're a man, it's nothing.
    What matters most to a man is status and wealth.

13. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Might as well have said "if you're a man, only your biceps and protein powder matters."

Health, freedom, knowledge, experiences, and relationships are some from the top of my head that are more important.

LilD, Win_for_life and pezzy⚡️ like this.
  14. L. Van Beethoven

L. Van Beethoven Fapstronaut

If you're good looking or not, believe me, that doesn't matter, in the end, what really really matters its how we act, our personality and our beliefs, and yes, you can change naturally your looks, going to the gym, get on a diet, eat more, take more good care of yourself, whatever it be, and we probably all should do this, because it is not only good for the looks but healthy, very healthy, really changes the way you live, that kind of thing improve all of you, your resistance, your welfare... But what is more difficult to change is your personality and your beliefs, and i'm not saying for you to change it, but you have to know what you are, know WHO you are, and think to yourself: Do i like this person that I am? If not, how could i change this?

For an example: If you're a person who is very not confident, but hate that you can't be confident, how about some oratory classes, and start loving yourself more? And by loving yourself I don't mean to conform with your actions and who you are even if it is bad, it means that you will stop feeling sorry about beeing lonely, and start doing something about it, because you love yourself, and you do things for those you love. If you're too introverted, how about start trying to create a reason to talk to a people, even if it is a Good Morning or a Hi, and then you develops the talk, start with that today, to everybody you look and find nice, or kind, or delicate. Start looking in the world with positive eyes, because the world is the way you see it, if you look at people thinking they hate you, you will never be able to enjoy the good in people. GO FOR IT! We all can do it.
    "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything"

Win_for_life and pezzy⚡️ like this.
  15. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Idk why but while reading your description abput your looks i somehow had dwayne johnson in my mind. Badass huh ? ;)
    Thanx for sharing bro

16. Win_for_life

Win_for_life Fapstronaut

Thats a great advice, would definitely work on it. Although i have no problem being an introvert but due this i dont have any serious friends with whom i could share. Moreover i have been always around opposite sex, hence never really went down that road.

17. Ragnar.Lodbrok

Ragnar.Lodbrok Fapstronaut

You can improve your looks (dress nicely, eat healthy, get a nice hair cut, go to the gym, keep a proper posture).
    You can improve your confidence (do the above, face your fears, meditate, live with integrity, be honest with yourself and others, practice, read books about the topic, sign up for courses, say positive affirmations).
    Being introverted is not a bad thing, nor should it be used as an excuse.

Take responsibility about getting your own needs met. If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting the results that you've always had.

Win_for_life likes this.
  18. Controlyoururges

Controlyoururges Fapstronaut

I often see hot chicks with ugly guys who are good at talking. Just be confident and forget about how you look.

19. pezzy⚡️

pezzy⚡️ Fapstronaut

wow that made me think of my situation, talking with an absolutely beautiful girl and looking at myself and wondering what she sees in me, why she'd even bother to spend time with me. Its hard to know for sure what the outside world sees of us. At the same time though, even with confidence, i just feel like the beautiful girl would know she can do much better than mee, or whoever. Since not all of us are charmers in appearance

20. You could be good looking, but if you lack confidence you won't feel attractive. Try lifting weights. That will definitely help your looks and also make you feel much better about yourself. Set goals and accomplish them. That is amazing for building confidence. Think of some short-term and long-term goals that you want to accomplish and write them down in your journal (if you keep one) or on a piece of paper.

Win_for_life likes this.