1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Treasure

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

A farmer sowed his seed.

Matthew 13:7 Other seeds fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.

Lust is a weed that grows and chokes the life out of us. Pray: “Father, take away this spirit of lust so that I may live.”

8 Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty, or thirty times what was sown.

We fight lust with scripture and prayer so that we will produce a great crop, grown from good soil. Pray: “Father, help me to flee from lust and help me to care about souls.”

Matthew 13:12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.

When we obey and follow Christ, good things happen.

Matthew 13:44 The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

If pleasure is our treasure, we are doomed. Pray: “Father, take away my love of pleasure, and show me Your will.” If being in God's will is our treasure, we will live an abundant life.

45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.

Only a few people go around looking for the fine pearls that God wants them to look for. And if we don't look for the pearls we will be looking at something else. Will you be that person who sells everything, buys the pearl, and produces a great crop?