1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tricks

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Be specific with what you read. For example, you know that anger leads you to frustration which leads to P. So now you know to go to war with anger. Put anger in the NoFap search. First, try clicking titles only, then fill in the “Posted by member (if you like someone's writing). Click search. Sometimes you will get a lot of titles. If not, unclick “search titles only.”

You will likely find many articles that talk about anger. You have my permission to copy and paste any of my articles (for nonprofit use) so that you can study them. Second, decide how often you want to read each article about anger. Third, delete sentences that are repetitive or not relevant to you. Once you have the article trimmed down to where everything in it is important for you, it starts to help you make progress way faster. Now you can read it every day because it is fairly short and very relevant.

When you read it every day it starts to stick with you. Now it becomes natural for many of those things to be a part of your prayer life.

Please understand… it is more important to study scripture and key scripture verses. But sometimes this method works quite well and sometimes the articles have a bunch of relevant scriptures in them.

Fourth, put on your detective cap and “know” what causes a fall. Then dig deep into old articles on that topic. New articles are great, but if it is about envy and you never have a problem with envy, then new is lesser than old.

Finally, if you can’t find articles on a topic you struggle with please contact me. It is good to remind me that we need more articles on ______ and that I don’t need to tell anyone to turn from lust anymore this week. Oooops… a bad example, please turn from lust.

Mara43 likes this.
  2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Satan wins if we sit around feeling sorry for ourselves. We know what that leads to.

Every day, consider praying urgently to “Get started.” Get started daily with Bible study, movement, increasing in spiritual things, and fighting bad habits. One of the most important habits you need urgently is to form the habit of “Fighting bad habits daily.” Set a time and a place for this war. It is vital!!!

Second, free time leads to temptation. Fill it up. Here are some ways:

1. Study and pray about purpose.

2. Meet a strong spiritual friend for lunch.

3. Read a Christian book.

4. Pray about being filled with the Holy Spirit.

5. Attend an exercise class.

6. Study Bible verses on love, contentment, toughness, joy, peace, or anything else that you need.

7. Volunteer in your community.

8. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.

9. Pick up a new hobby through classes or online tutorials.

10. Go for a run.

11. Pick a spiritual trait you should be doing, and do it today and this week: “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.”

12. Clean your home or car.

13. Meditate or pray over spiritual traits you need to increase so that bad habits decrease.

14. Learn a new language with books or an app.

15. Count your blessings

16. Print and frame digital photos from your phone.

17. Catch up on errands.

18. Go for a walk.

19. Finish a home-improvement project.

20. Call an elderly relative.

21. Plant a garden in your yard (or join a community garden).

22. Write in a journal.

23. Do a crossword puzzle.

24. Play a board game.

25. Take yourself out for ice cream.

26. Put together a jigsaw puzzle.

27. Write a poem.

28. Try mindfulness techniques.

29. Make a commitment to strengthen relationships
    Firstly, attack bad habits with spiritual techniques. But, almost as importantly, fill up your free time with healthy activities. An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
    1. For the full article click.

Mara43 likes this.