1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

trouble communicating

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by acoolmind, Apr 7, 2014.

1. acoolmind

acoolmind Fapstronaut

I've had this problem for a while but never noticed it until recently. I'm not able to say what I truly feel about something face to face. If I strongly believe something or am affected emotionally by what someone else is doing I'm not able to say. Or like let's say my religious beliefs when discussing religion with a person from the same religion. But if I'm talking over like texting or something I'm able to convey my thoughts properly and say things that I won't or can't say in person. Like I dont know how this problem started but I dont like it. Any advice would be helpful thanks

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

The first step is recognizing your defenses and what you are doing so you have taken a big step forward.

I don't know enough detail about your situation to really say anything. But why do you not say something in-person? Do you not trust the person? Are you afraid of getting emotionally involved? If you text someone you are not physically there so you can maintain your distance. Or were you raised to text and you have less experience in face-to-face encounters? In which case maybe you should decrease your texting.

3. acoolmind

acoolmind Fapstronaut

I wasn't raised with texting I just got my first phone a couple of months ago. Like the other day a close friend said well who cares about a situation we were discussing that involved her and I wasn't able to make myself say that I care until she forcebly made me say it.

4. I think I've been struggling with the same problem lately. Weird isn't it?

5. acoolmind

acoolmind Fapstronaut

Yeah. For me it gets a certain friend mad cause we promosied each other to tell the other what we r thinking or want to say when asked but its so hard when it comes to certain topics.