1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

True Happiness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FpsMato, Jun 14, 2022.

1. FpsMato

FpsMato Fapstronaut

After 280 days of nofap(I relapsed like half a year ago). I was wondering why I dont feel any different.Like i still had anxiety,social anxiety,mild confidence.I thinked back to my first streak and what things changed because on my first streak I felt like I was in godmode.Then it all clicked for me.Only thing that changed since that streak is that i started to heavily eat junk food and binge drinking soda.I became depressed and anxious and i didnt know why.Now i know.I realized that i felt so great on my first streak because I was getting low to none instant gratification.

So i concluded that happiness is result of surplus of pleasure chemicals(dopamine,serotonin).I like to think about them as currency now.Just like money if you spend too much then you wont have none left,on other hand if you spend little to none you will have abudance of them and your brain will automatically invest them into happiness.If you spent too much then dont worry your brain replenishes them like every year.Consider it as your payment from brain to keep you going.It took me long time to realize that.
    So remember guys dopamine is currency spend it wisely!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
  2. +Masculinity

+Masculinity Fapstronaut

That's a really interesting perspective on happiness man. I definitely agree that instant gratification is a surefire way to unhappiness. It's the use of hedonia to immediately appease any sort of discomfort the moment it arises. Hedonia must be earned.

FpsMato likes this.